[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4950 posts
942 upvotes
Thornhill
WebDesignerGirl wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 1:12 am
You just basically just picking what is normal to you and what isn't. If Chinese do it then why can't Indians ? Because you never met one ?

Based on what you said then all the Chinese people that use English names are lying... :cheesygri
Dude, go troll elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6027 posts
575 upvotes
SW Ontario
iamskyhigh wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 10:07 am
So much subtle racism in this thread lol.
No kidding. But still not sure why anyone needs to know the support agents real name. As long as they give their real ID number if required.

Ask the agent their home address. I bet they will make that up too. How dare they!!!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21223 posts
7254 upvotes
You do realize that most call centers (live chat center?) do this right?

Also check out Outsourced. It was a TV show that aired in 2010.
TL;DR Indian call center where the "underdogs" had awful accents and the "cool kids" spoke better English than most Americans.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4094 upvotes
Ottawa
Why are you still their client then?

People love to complain but before they even finish their bitching they turn around and take it dry. You are an accessory to the 'scam.' you're talking about.

Don't give me the monopoly BS blah blah blah there are no other options blah blah blah. I've been living and doing just fine Bell-less for the last 10 years.

All they have to do is offer you internet or mobile service 20% off for 3 months and people line up like a bunch of dumb lemmings, and they sure as hell know it.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17658 posts
2351 upvotes
Langley
iamskyhigh wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 10:07 am
So much subtle racism in this thread lol.
I agree.

In my company, everyone in collections refers to themselves as "Jesse" to customers. The real name of the person you're talking to is of little consequence.
Feb 16, 2014
638 posts
119 upvotes
London
That's cool but not limited to Bell only.I had seen a mistake in my credit score,called Equifax,talked with one of the Indian reps with heavy accents.Barely understand each other!

I spent 20 minutes to be understood.When I told my real name for identification,and she wanted to repeat it back,it was like:

"I told:It's me,It's me!
She responded with Indian accent(Barely understandable):Sir!Did you mean:Kiss me,kiss me?!"

The time before that(Two year before),talked with one of the Canadians' reps with native English accent,lasted only five minutes. :D
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2955 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
A lot of call centres and customer service centres allow their employees to use an alias name versus their real name. Doesn't matter your background, you could be bob from north bay and still be allowed to choose a name of your liking other than bob.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Banned
Apr 20, 2016
16 posts
11 upvotes
I write/email/call the companies, telling them that indian customer support is usually useless (which means a waste of time and money for them and me), with the time and date and with my case/reference number/call as evidence so that management can listen to the recording themselves. It is a pain to deal with indian customer support and I won't shop at companies that outsource their support there anymore. They should hire North American support instead.

So I say if you call/email/write to the companies and provide proof of your poor experience and tell them that you want call centers back in North America and vote with your dollars, you can make a difference. It is better than writing about it on the forums, a lot of people know indian tech support just sucks, but the companies don't read the forums so you have to tell them directly. Good luck.
Don't Forget The 9/11 Evil Terrorists Attacks in New York City USA
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7921 posts
959 upvotes
Chrispy wrote:
May 2nd, 2016 8:32 pm
A lot of call centres and customer service centres allow their employees to use an alias name versus their real name. Doesn't matter your background, you could be bob from north bay and still be allowed to choose a name of your liking other than bob.
Yep, it's a fairly standard policy as far as I'm aware. The reps at the call center for my health insurance provider all use fake names and the call center's in Ontario. You tend to notice it when every operator has a name that starts with "P" like Pam, Patricia, Patty etc.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4094 upvotes
Ottawa
keenwa wrote:
May 3rd, 2016 12:47 pm
So I say if you call/email/write to the companies and provide proof of your poor experience and tell them that you want call centers back in North America and vote with your dollars, you can make a difference. It is better than writing about it on the forums, a lot of people know indian tech support just sucks, but the companies don't read the forums so you have to tell them directly. Good luck.
Companies don't give a crap about emails/calls/whatever. They've had MBA's do the cost/benefit analysis inside out top to bottom and they know what the churn and slippage rate will be within a percent or two.

OP is barking...but he's still sending them money every month.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Dec 21, 2015
427 posts
146 upvotes
Canada
Not all Indians are terrible, I am sure.

But all Indians that I've dealt with through the phone, be it bank, cell carriers or anything,
were in fact so bad, I had to ask for another rep.

yes, every time.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1814 posts
571 upvotes
FWIW if you call rogers and get brampton call centre agents there is a 99.9% possibility they came from india within the past 5 years anyway... soo..

as an employee of both bell and rogers... everyone uses fake names. sometimes i would give myself (english person) a more english sounding name and talk with an accent, just because what the hell. I still help you so who cares.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2860 posts
453 upvotes
Esti nebun?