• Mar 28th, 2010 2:53 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 23, 2009
8 posts
1 upvote
GTA

Bell cancellation charge

I recently canceled my long distance plan with Bell and gave them 30 days notice. Much to my surprise they charged me $5.55 network deactivation fee and $1.82 plan deactivation fee. When talking to the Bell lady not once did she mention a cancellation fee. Any advice before I call to complain?

(I am now with RapidTel for long distance and so far so good!)

Thanks,
Paul.
34 replies
Banned
Feb 25, 2010
193 posts
its $7..
Whats your problem?
My Wins:
(2) 2010-2011 Raptors Season Tickets ($7,000 Cdn)
Banned
Feb 25, 2010
193 posts
If $7.37 is going to make you bankrupt, please seek help.
My Wins:
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Although they're rather worthless. You may need to sue to get the money out of Bell, they are extreme hardasses about this stuff. Of course, make sure it isn't in the written agreement that you have to pay before you waste money on that.

And just because it's $7 doesn't make it right. Man, so many *wimps* on RFD these days!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
danyheatly wrote: If $7.37 is going to make you bankrupt, please seek help.
A $1,000 cancellation fee wouldn't make me bankrupt. Does that mean a company is permitted to steal it? Seriously, that's got to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on RFD.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
JohnPaul wrote: Any advice before I call to complain?
Don't waste your time with the bozos at 310-BhELL.

Go straight to the top: kevin.crull@bell.ca or 416/581-2923
shepd wrote: A $1,000 cancellation fee wouldn't make me bankrupt. Does that mean a company is permitted to steal it? Seriously, that's got to be one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on RFD.
+1

It's the principle more than the principal that matters.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
bylo wrote: +1

It's the principle more than the principal that matters.
But in reality, is it really worth $7 to complain and spend time trying to get it back? If you really want to show your anger, cancel all Bell services to really make an impact.
Mar 15, 2008
557 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
danyheatly wrote: If $7.37 is going to make you bankrupt, please seek help.
It's the principle. People like you are why companies pull this kind of ****.
Banned
Feb 25, 2010
193 posts
Its just $7.
If it was $20 I would start caring.
$7 buys barely nothing these days.
My Wins:
Banned
Feb 25, 2010
193 posts
People Whine about such low amounts of money. I hate people like you.
You're like the b***h at the grocery store that whined about $0.05.
My Wins:
Jan 1, 2010
8 posts
Abbotsford
I could not have raised four kids without saving every penny. Why give a big company your 7 dollars. They have ripped me off on a cell plan too. Go right to the head person. It will take a few days to have them return the call. Good luck with it and fight for your rights. If it was you having paid late they would charge late charges too. Why throw money away?
Oct 5, 2008
92 posts
6 upvotes
danyheatly wrote: People Whine about such low amounts of money. I hate people like you.
Wow so much anger from you. Why do you have a problem with people being assertive with their rights? It's up to you if you don't want to assert your rights, but people have the rights to.

Companies welcome people like you who don't care about 5 cents or $7. So 1000 people like you they could easily get $7000.

Btw, you enjoying RFD? saving you some $$ here?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2053 posts
183 upvotes
York Region
ricefran wrote: wow so much anger from you. Why do you have a problem with people being assertive with their rights? It's up to you if you don't want to assert your rights, but people have the rights to.

Companies welcome people like you who don't care about 5 cents or $7. So 1000 people like you they could easily get $7000.

Btw, you enjoying rfd? Saving you some $$ here?
+1
Banned
Mar 24, 2010
48 posts
JohnPaul wrote: I recently canceled my long distance plan with Bell and gave them 30 days notice. Much to my surprise they charged me $5.55 network deactivation fee and $1.82 plan deactivation fee. When talking to the Bell lady not once did she mention a cancellation fee. Any advice before I call to complain?

(I am now with RapidTel for long distance and so far so good!)

Thanks,
Paul.
A simple google search may have found you the answers.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r228517 ... ION-CHARGE

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r205185 ... ion-charge

Keep calling bell back until someone credits you for the money. Talking to one CSR isn't enough.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Blackmajik wrote: But in reality, is it really worth $7 to complain and spend time trying to get it back?
It's a quick e-mail to Crull. The OP will get either an e-mail or phone call that apologizes for the charge and reverses it. It's much easier than phoning 310-BhELL, getting stuck on hold for a while and then arguing with some powerless agent in Mumbai.

More important, it's directed to a group whose mandate is to fix these sorts of problems, not only each time they occur, but also to prevent them from happening in the future. How much power do you think some agent in Mumbai has to change Bhell policy? How much power do you think the President of Residential Services and the people who work directly under him have to make such changes?
If you really want to show your anger, cancel all Bell services to really make an impact.
What makes you think Bhell won't then charge him even more outrageous "deactivation" and "early termination" fees? The best way to stop this Bhellsh*t for everyone is to make as much noise about it at as high a level as possible every time it happens.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jan 29, 2007
738 posts
178 upvotes
danyheatly wrote: People Whine about such low amounts of money. I hate people like you.
I totally disagree with your approach.

7$ may not buy something huge, but it still is 7$ of the OP's money. Can you go out on the street and find 7$ lying around ?

The OP still had to work for the 7$ and I believe you do too, so if the OP feels he wants that part of his money back which has been wrongly taken by BELL , he may choose to do so.

The 4 kids example from the OP just showed that several 7$ put together helped him raise them.

Hope you look at the bigger picture here.
Sep 23, 2009
8 posts
1 upvote
GTA
I just spoke to Bell and the lady said the deactivation charges were a mistake on their behalf because I did give 30 days notice. She credited my account and in 10 minutes I was done.

As many stated, it's not the $7 that's the problem, it's the absurd charges Bell comes up with!

Paul.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
SMH, at some comments in this thread,
but I agree get up, stand up, fight for your rights & don't give up the fight.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2053 posts
183 upvotes
York Region
JohnPaul wrote: I just spoke to Bell and the lady said the deactivation charges were a mistake on their behalf because I did give 30 days notice. She credited my account and in 10 minutes I was done.

As many stated, it's not the $7 that's the problem, it's the absurd charges Bell comes up with!

Paul.
It is not just $7, you have to earn at least $10 before tax for that $7.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11320 posts
3870 upvotes
Nowhere
For you whiners here, $7 is $7. If the OP didn't complain, the error would never have been fixed. Bell is notorious for billing errors. Why? Probably because of the people who don't bother to complain. Perhaps, if more people like the OP complained, they will be more diligent in their billing practices in the future and then we all benefit. Also what is $7 x the number of Bell customers. It adds up in Bell's favour. I have complained to Bell over a lot less than $7. Sorry I have no respect for people who let companies take advantage of them. These are the same people who fall into financial difficulties and wonder where all their money went. It all adds up $7 here, $5 there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)