[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
beachlover wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 6:46 pm
The only way that happens, is that you are paying them a pretty penny every month, anyways.

However, your post is very valid, as these "errors in their favour" happen with all providers, and your only protection is to keep an eye on the bills.
Agreed, but that is about 1/3 off Fibe internet by itself and I already had a $10 monthly credit on top of 'bundle credits' so I am happy to the extent I cannot get 25/10 unlimited bandwidth anywhere else for $35 a month. And it has been rock solid except when I abuse torrents bandwidth and they throttle it. Actually, they turn it off for 2 minutes out of 6 if I get greedy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
Peroxide wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 6:39 pm
This is common for any telecommunications company in Canada or the USA.

As far as I know, there is nothing to protect us against companies doing this. As it's not a listed price and since the charges are based on usage, I don't think it would fall under SCOP, although I believe it should. Even if it did, SCOP states

Sorry, but if you don't look over your receipts or invoices then you're agreeing to the charges.
Agreed, everyone should understand every detail on their bill every month, but it happens. And when it happens, if the root cause is a Bell system error.... not tying a directory listing to a phone number and cancelling both at once... they should volunteer a refund. Lord knows when the mistake is the other way.... they back bill you.

How many Bell customers understand the absurdity of the "Network Charge" on their LD plans?? or the archaic LD offerings in general. When a good benchmark is 3 cents a minute, how many still have LD plans at 15 or more cents per minute?... plus the absurd network charge. Bell obfuscates.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
Agreed, the confirmation code is no guarantee, and perhaps they will renege. But let me bask in a warm sense of accomplishment for 30 days until the next bill!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
death_hawk wrote:
Jan 8th, 2014 4:28 pm
I'm not going to check my bull for anything. I'll leave that to the vet.
Missed that typo entirely, too funny! And that's no bull!