Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] CraveTV 6-Month Package $40.75 (15% Discount) to Promote Star Trek Library (for new and existing subscribers)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2017 11:55 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13451 posts
3978 upvotes
Toronto
TheGr8One wrote: It can't, actually.

Crave shows older HBO shows that are no longer on the air. Sopranos, Wire, Entourage for example.

New shows and new episodes go on TMN Go. Curb, GOT, Ballers would fall under this.

You might get an older season of a newer show on Crave but you won't get a new episode of a new HBO show any time soon.
+1 Crave is a good value for what it costs, especially if you prepay for the year at $79.99.

They will not get any of the brand new HBO content - they didn't get Boardwalk Empire until almost 2 years after the show ended, for example.

There is no way that Game of Thrones is coming to Crave until 2019 when the series has ended. That's assuming Crave still exists in 2019, lol. Shomi is already dead.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13451 posts
3978 upvotes
Toronto
eejit100 wrote: Was all set to sign up and then found out they don't have an android TV app. I contacted them but they don't seem to really know what android TV is, how is that even possible? I did sideload the android app onto my shield but the remote does not work with the app. I guess I'll stick with Netflix,
Yeah, it's annoying that they don't have an Android TV app, but you can use the phone app to cast to Chromecast or the Nexus Player.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Oct 7th, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13451 posts
3978 upvotes
Toronto
AkoniB wrote: Crave needs to make an android tv app already... Sony tv has android OS and that's how I view Kodi, Netflix, YouTube etc. And my nvidia shield has android tv as well. No crave app, no deal.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an Android TV app.. they were glacially slow creating an Xbox One app, and there is still no PS4 app, as far as I know.

Crave is owned by Bell and it is their lazy response to Netflix. They don't want to make Crave TV too good, and have people cut the cord from their Fibe TV.

Crave TV is a good value in my opinion due to the access to the huge old HBO library. Way cheaper than paying for TMN.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Oct 7th, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13451 posts
3978 upvotes
Toronto
MrWhiteCoffee wrote: Signed up mostly for star trek but lots of high quality shows on it...way better than Netflix

Canceled my Netflix..will use Amazon video and cravetv... May do Netflix one or two months a year but the quality of Netflix shows are rubbish
Both Crave and Netflix have a lot of great content, I subscribe to both. Crave has a huge library of classic HBO programming that Netflix doesn't own the rights to.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13451 posts
3978 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote: Since most of the stuff is from tv and tv is far from 4k, I highly doubt it.
Lol, yup, Bell and Rogers have enough trouble already broadcasting high quality 1080p. Lol at 480 standard def channels in 2017, but I know Rogers is still broadcasting some of that garbage, and probably Bell too.

Netflix is waaaaay ahead in 4K support.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1948 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: Yeah, it's annoying that they don't have an Android TV app, but you can use the phone app to cast to Chromecast or the Nexus Player.
They do say an Android TV app is coming soon for their Fibe TV so I assume that would also handle TMN and Crave TV. Sony has gone in Android TV in a big way to their credit. Bell already supports Apple TV and that works well. Since Apple TV and Android TV are arguably the more advanced TV integrations of a mobile OS support for Android TV is really just a matter of time. The other smart TV options really don’t have the developer base. Even Roku, which is pretty nice, is st a big disadvantage from that perspective. Amazon seems bent on turning everything into Alexa and doesn’t have the local support that both Google and Apple have.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3298 posts
3109 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote: 1 Crave is a good value for what it costs, especially if you prepay for the year at $79.99.

They will not get any of the brand new HBO content - they didn't get Boardwalk Empire until almost 2 years after the show ended, for example.

There is no way that Game of Thrones is coming to Crave until 2019 when the series has ended. That's assuming Crave still exists in 2019, lol. Shomi is already dead.
I think Crave will survive cuz it’s like Canada’s Hulu, different than Netflix. Healthy for both to stay in the marketplace
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11588 posts
1806 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it just me, or is Star Trek: TNG and Enterprise not in HD on Crave, while they are in HD on Netflix?