Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell Data/Voice Plan for Touch Diamond/Dual $37.30+SAF+tax

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2009 3:05 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 24, 2006
287 posts
96 upvotes
BC

[Bell] Bell Data/Voice Plan for Touch Diamond/Dual $37.30+SAF+tax

This is similar to the deal posted here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=706575 (this deal is still ongoing as well)

For $37.30 + SAF + tax ($50.62 in BC):

200 daytime mins
Evenings/weekends from 6pm
500mb Data
MSN
Unlimited Text
Called ID
Voicemail

On a new 3 yr activation* of an HTC Touch Dual ($0) or Touch Diamond ($50).

*Not sure what "new activation" actually is, because I've been with Bell for 6 years, and the CSR said I could get on it. And yes 3 years sucks.

If anyone knows of a better plan for new activations, let me know, as I really want to get away from Bell but can't find any cheaper data plans, other than those on the base Touch.
18 replies
Oct 5, 2008
212 posts
37 upvotes
500MB? I eat that in a day with my HTC Touch and unlimited internet plan
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
andrewmp wrote: 500MB? I eat that in a day with my HTC Touch and unlimited internet plan
uh, data and internet are two different things. Internet is solely browsing, Data includes email, tethering, and web browsing.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2706 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
Good to see these deals coming out and hopefully they continue. Rogers will gotta follow suit if they continue. Heres to hope. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1700 posts
1088 upvotes
nellium wrote: uh, data and internet are two different things. Internet is solely browsing, Data includes email, tethering, and web browsing.
This is where you're wrong! I have the Touch on a prepaid which I use solely for internet. I pay 25$ every 2 months and I have unlimited internet, which basically means I can do whatever I want on my device (I get push emails with gmail on it, opera mini, MSN etc...). Only thing not allowed is tethering (but ppl still manage to do it with hacks). It's the best deal for unlimited internet on the market.
Banned
Mar 22, 2009
274 posts
2 upvotes
SAF is a major rip-off

DGEGE - what carrier is your Touch on with for prepaid?
Nov 26, 2003
643 posts
11 upvotes
I'm not sure how they can figure you're using tethering as opposed to surfing the web from the mobile browser.

I've used a third party tethering application that seemed to work without incurring extra cost. I prefer to use the built in "phone as modem" though.
Sep 15, 2006
451 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
nellium wrote: uh, data and internet are two different things. Internet is solely browsing, Data includes email, tethering, and web browsing.
looks like somebody needs to do a little more research
Aug 24, 2006
287 posts
96 upvotes
BC
andrewmp wrote: 500MB? I eat that in a day with my HTC Touch and unlimited internet plan
No, you don't. Unless you're streaming a lot of video you shouldn't go over 500mb. Also this is faster than the unlimited mobile browser.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes
I got this deal when it was $35. I didn't even have to pay an activation fee, just a $100 deposit I'll get back after 6 months of on time payments.

Be sure to unlock your phone and cook the MightyRom firmware on it!

And yeah, 500MB data should be enough for the majority IMO. I used Youtube quite a bit in class, and a lot of mobile browsing. I haven't even hit 10MBs, haha.
Oct 5, 2008
212 posts
37 upvotes
jaws83 wrote: No, you don't. Unless you're streaming a lot of video you shouldn't go over 500mb. Also this is faster than the unlimited mobile browser.
Don't tell me how to surf n00b
Sep 22, 2006
544 posts
12 upvotes
jaws83 wrote: Also this is faster than the unlimited mobile browser.
Please do not confuse mobile browser on regular phone with that offered on the Touch from the time of its launch. Unlimited mobile browser on the Touch is as fast as it gets. My Opera Mini on my Touch routinely beats my friends' BBs and iPhone browser page renderings. Not starting a browser/phone war; just relaying experience and fact.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2003
1000 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
I have HTC Diamond with Telus, nice phone the only thing bad I would say about it is the battery absolutely sucks.

Edit: as I type this I notice I have to recharge again :(
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
TheZodiac wrote: I have HTC Diamond with Telus, nice phone the only thing bad I would say about it is the battery absolutely sucks.

Edit: as I type this I notice I have to recharge again :(
How old is your phone and how long does the battery last? I also read somewhere that they were thinking of releasing a bigger battery (14xx mAH) - not sure if they've done that yet. I heard it affects the profile as well.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2003
1000 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
t3359 wrote: How old is your phone and how long does the battery last? I also read somewhere that they were thinking of releasing a bigger battery (14xx mAH) - not sure if they've done that yet. I heard it affects the profile as well.

bjl
Less then 1 yr old.
Sep 27, 2005
799 posts
194 upvotes
andrewmp wrote: Don't tell me how to surf n00b
Do tell, how do you get over 500mb a day without streaming video.
Oct 5, 2008
212 posts
37 upvotes
mr_saturn wrote: Do tell, how do you get over 500mb a day without streaming video.
Why can't I download video? I already told you stop telling me how to surf n00b!
Aug 14, 2007
442 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
go do a search for bell mobility threads.. there was an older thread regarding tethering and that its not part of any included data plan u may sign up for.
applies for all wireless providers, telus, bell rogers fido etc.

i got unlim data with telus and tethering will be charged seperate from my data plan if i were to tether. so beware! haha

i'm too lazy to find the link for you cuz i'm at work.

just a heads up!
Stupid is as Stupid does..