• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2017 10:46 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
118 posts
30 upvotes

Bell deleted the email they sent me

Hello,

Has anyone any experience with Bell deleting the email they sent you? I know it might sound ridiculous to some but I have done it on Microsoft outlook myself. It's possible to recall unread emails months after you sent them. This email from bell was read several times though so I guess their software is more sophisticated. Because my email "disappeared", it's like I have no more case with them charging me more than we agreed upon. It's very frustrating!
9 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16953 posts
1568 upvotes
Space for rent
You should be keeping your own paper trail. That said, these people are crooks and it's always plausible-deniability with them even in the face of hard evidence like documented chats. Just keep complaining and escalating it to the next leve.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
118 posts
30 upvotes
Yeah I'm going to call them tomorrow. They closed early today.

I was going to call them earlier and I was getting my email evidence ready to make it faster but then I couldn't find it! If I've never done email recall at work I would have thought I'm crazy but I have and I know it's definitely possible. I also read that email several times because I actually was unsure of what was in it so I called them to clarify and I even referenced that email in my last call so I'm 100% sure it existed but now it's gone.

Ugh I'm so mad!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2909 posts
319 upvotes
North Etobicoke
I would not take any more services from Bell even if it was given to me free. They lie to you, even if you try to explain reason/truth to them. No way you will get thru to them. I think part of your requirement to work with them is you have to be a convincinlyg good liar and they pick the best of the bunch. Good luck, I know I was never successful,
[OP]
Jul 25, 2016
118 posts
30 upvotes
Menthol wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 9:38 pm
I would not take any more services from Bell even if it was given to me free. They lie to you, even if you try to explain reason/truth to them. No way you will get thru to them. I think part of your requirement to work with them is you have to be a convincinlyg good liar and they pick the best of the bunch. Good luck, I know I was never successful,
Oh I know what you mean. They have lied to me several times. There was a point when I wanted to cancel and I thought I did. The rep said I have one month and a week later I decided to call to make sure that my services were "cancelled" and this other rep told me that it's not. They asked me if I received any email confirming the cancellation and I said I didn't and they just redirected me to loyalty department who gave me a better deal so I stayed.

Sometimes they will make me wait for a long time pretending to fix something then hang up on me and when you call back it's a new rep and they have no way of tracking who hanged up on you. It's ridiculous. No accountability at all!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11574 posts
1529 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Guys... this all started when they outsourced the call centers to Manila. A tech rep I spoke to who came to my parents house to fix a line (they had a bhell landline back then) said that's the negative "advantage" of bhell outsourcing. It's all about saving money. The cost to run a Filipino call center over there is 20% or 1/5 the cost of running the same call centers here in Canada. He said they train the pino reps over to give the runaround, lie, talk to peeps in circles, drop calls, no notations, etc. Why?? The greater the frustration to the clients the more likely they will hang up and not cancel from the frustration (or at least stay on for a few months longer). Dont they lose customers in the long run?? Yes they do... but factoring the savings in the call centers and those that dont cancel from annoyance and frustration ends up being slightly positive in increased revenue. It's the same from the service support side. The cost to send a tech out is like $150-200 bucks. Bhell would rather piss off customers with the runaround causing them to hang up and not book a tech appt; thus, saving money vs. sending out a tech guy which increases cost.
Last edited by MrDisco on Dec 26th, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: derogatory slang
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7478 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
I assume you are using webmail and not an exchange client that downloads your mail.

There are many reasons to dislike Bell, them going into your email and deleting an email is very far fetched. I think you may have deleted it by mistake or aren't throwing the right keywords to get the email.
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1551 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
Bell Hell, are one of the worst Companies out there. I speak from experience. They lie, lie then lie some more. Most disgusting company ever. I would sooner poke my eyes out with a hot poker than ever deal with them.
Dec 15, 2017
885 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Long time ago I called Bell because I was sick and tired of their cellphone overcharging bill. My contract was to end in March and called them 3 weeks prior that I wasn't going to be with them. To cancel me on the termination of my contract. The women on the line claimed she put everything in order and that I was not going to continue with them. I asked her twice if she was sure and she said "Yes". I ported my number to FIDO. In August I received a bill from Bell for $500 dollars for 5 months of cellphone service. How could this be when I had been with FIDO all those months? I called and they wouldn't listen to me, a CSR from Bell looked on his computer and said that nobody on Bell had ever heard of me or noted in the system that I had cancelled with them.

The sneaky thing about Bell is that they did NOT sent me a bill till 5 months later.... no bill for April, May or June where I would have caught on immediately. They waited for the bill to inflate to $500. They sent me to collections and that deadbeat report was on my credit report for years. Of course I did not paid. If I had the knowledge I have now I would have sued their arses in small claims court.
Banned
Feb 27, 2012
269 posts
89 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
MusicBox wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 8:30 pm
Long time ago I called Bell because I was sick and tired of their cellphone overcharging bill. My contract was to end in March and called them 3 weeks prior that I wasn't going to be with them. To cancel me on the termination of my contract. The women on the line claimed she put everything in order and that I was not going to continue with them. I asked her twice if she was sure and she said "Yes". I ported my number to FIDO. In August I received a bill from Bell for $500 dollars for 5 months of cellphone service. How could this be when I had been with FIDO all those months? I called and they wouldn't listen to me, a CSR from Bell looked on his computer and said that nobody on Bell had ever heard of me or noted in the system that I had cancelled with them.

The sneaky thing about Bell is that they did NOT sent me a bill till 5 months later.... no bill for April, May or June where I would have caught on immediately. They waited for the bill to inflate to $500. They sent me to collections and that deadbeat report was on my credit report for years. Of course I did not paid. If I had the knowledge I have now I would have sued their arses in small claims court.
record every call you make with people like this. One party consent.