Shopping Discussion

Bell deliberately screws there customers.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2012 11:19 pm
Apr 4, 2012
1 posts
EAST YORK

Bell deliberately screws there customers.

I initially signed up for Bell as I was in a commecial building and we didn’t have any other options for internet. I didn’t have to much problem initially other than I was paying much higher rates than I should. I signed a year contract. After about a 2 years and 3 months I moved locations to a new place that included internet (ya!), so I call Bell to cancel my service. 30 mins waiting before I get a customer service rep. It is at this time that they tell be I am still under contract and there will be a penalty of 3 months. I am like “What? I only had a year contract” they then inform me that my contract AUTO-RENEWS every year, so I am now on the hook for 3 months of service. I ask to speak to a manager, I am put on hold for another 20 minutes, then the operator says that a manager isn’t available, and that if I like I can get a manager to call me back within 72 hours. I tell the guy I don’t want to wait and to just send me my bill (I gave up at that point.) So I wait for the final bill, and nothing shows up in the mail. I call them again a month later to request my final bill, and for them to send me a box or something so i can send them there modem back. They tell me that they have been sending my bills to the old address, the one I told them I was moving from and would never ever be going back to, so I give them my new address (again). 3 months later I get a call from there collection department for the bill. I tell them I have been waiting for the bill and it was never sent to me. They respond coldly with some vague thing saying must have been a computer glitch or something, and they tell me they are charging me late fees on the bill I never got. I ask them where they have been sending the bills, and of course it is still my old address, so again i give them my new address. All in all a total bunch of useless tools. I will NEVER deal with Bell again!
25 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
We need a "Bell screwed me" sub-forum.

Aside from that those in subdivisions and condos which only have one wired choice for service need see if a wireless service like Wind Mobile's data stick and OTA could work for them.

Just because Bell has been able to gain a monopoly over the wires doesn't mean there aren't options.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
BIgCity1 wrote: I initially signed up for Bell as I was in a commecial building and we didn’t have any other options for internet. I didn’t have to much problem initially other than I was paying much higher rates than I should. I signed a year contract. After about a 2 years and 3 months I moved locations to a new place that included internet (ya!), so I call Bell to cancel my service. 30 mins waiting before I get a customer service rep. It is at this time that they tell be I am still under contract and there will be a penalty of 3 months. I am like “What? I only had a year contract” they then inform me that my contract AUTO-RENEWS every year, so I am now on the hook for 3 months of service. I ask to speak to a manager, I am put on hold for another 20 minutes, then the operator says that a manager isn’t available, and that if I like I can get a manager to call me back within 72 hours. I tell the guy I don’t want to wait and to just send me my bill (I gave up at that point.) So I wait for the final bill, and nothing shows up in the mail. I call them again a month later to request my final bill, and for them to send me a box or something so i can send them there modem back. They tell me that they have been sending my bills to the old address, the one I told them I was moving from and would never ever be going back to, so I give them my new address (again). 3 months later I get a call from there collection department for the bill. I tell them I have been waiting for the bill and it was never sent to me. They respond coldly with some vague thing saying must have been a computer glitch or something, and they tell me they are charging me late fees on the bill I never got. I ask them where they have been sending the bills, and of course it is still my old address, so again i give them my new address. All in all a total bunch of useless tools. I will NEVER deal with Bell again!

If Bell are deliberately screwing their customers, I would be more happy because that would show that they have brains. However, I don't believe that is the case.

I have established Bell Canada's Law years ago.

"If anything cannot go wrong, it will go wrong in Bell Canada."

What you experienced is just a tip of the iceberg comparing with my experience.

I am in the stage that I will not cancel my Bell Canada phone service because whenever I talk to a Bell human being, it will go wrong. That is a promise.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1220 posts
82 upvotes
You can always look up the CEO and send them a letter. Many of the issues never get their attention because lower mgt hide them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Try sending this guy an email. Someone posted it on here awhile ago for when you have serious Bell complaints and I kept it on hand just in case I had issues in the future -- never had to use it though.
kevin.crull@bell.ca -- Bell Customer Service Major Rep
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
27 upvotes
Not that I'm taking Bell's side here, but there are other ways to get the bill amount without a bill being sent to you. ie, you could have called and asked them the amount of the bill and paid it online. The bill is your responsibility to pay. I can't just tell my providers "I didn't get the bill!" and expect them to waive the bill or any late fees.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Bell screws its customers there there and there. ;) :lol:
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
RiCHC3 wrote: Try sending this guy an email. Someone posted it on here awhile ago for when you have serious Bell complaints and I kept it on hand just in case I had issues in the future -- never had to use it though.
kevin.crull@bell.ca -- Bell Customer Service Major Rep

It's been almost a year and a half since Kevin Crull been in that position. He was appointed COO of CTV effective January 1, 2011.

At that time, people that emailed him at the bell.ca email address with complaints got an auto response directing them to:

executive.complaints@bell.ca

I don't know if that is still the email address to use or not, but Kevin Crull definitely cannot help.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1135 upvotes
Montreal
You don't send the CEO an email, you send him a registered letter via post. This is the only way to assume he is the one opening or read the letter & confirmed he indeed had your complaints.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
emmafb wrote: You don't send the CEO an email, you send him a registered letter via post. This is the only way to assume he is the one opening or read the letter & confirmed he indeed had your complaints.

When I still had Bell service (years ago) I didn't need a reg'd letter. The executive office (or whatever it was called) listed in the front of the phone book solved the problem pretty quickly.

Mind you it should have never come to that but, at the time, I was glad it was over.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1135 upvotes
Montreal
NG wrote: When I still had Bell service (years ago) I didn't need a reg'd letter. The executive office (or whatever it was called) listed in the front of the phone book solved the problem pretty quickly.

Mind you it should have never come to that but, at the time, I was glad it was over.

As you said "years ago".

Bell once received the my payment via post but told me they had never receive. continue to go after me for two months. So I unwillingly went to the bank pay $10 to cancel the cheque & sent them the money again. Know what, my contract with them ended few months later. Bell tried to cash the cheque they claimed never received six months after my contract ends. Boy, I was glad that I had pay the bank $10 cancelling that cheque.

I once had a dispute with Mazda when I bought my car. The dealership brushed me off every other way. I called their CS (head office) & they referred me back to the dealership. Talked to my 65 years old neighbour, he told me to send a registered letter to the CEO. Within 48 hours, same CS from head office called me back. Told me now they would resolve the issue for me as my letter had reach CEO, sales manager at dealership called me the same afternoon to apologize.

Well, every situation is unique.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5991 upvotes
emmafb wrote: I once had a dispute with Mazda when I bought my car. The dealership brushed me off every other way. I called their CS (head office) & they referred me back to the dealership. Talked to my 65 years old neighbour, he told me to send a registered letter to the CEO. Within 48 hours, same CS from head office called me back. Told me now they would resolve the issue for me as my letter had reach CEO, sales manager at dealership called me the same afternoon to apologize.

I had a similar issue with Mazda - bought extended warranty on my wife's brand new MPV from the selling dealer. Final contract arrives in the mail from Mazda showing an effective date on the warranty 3 months before it should have - a simple typo. I call Mazda they blame the dealership and tell me dealership has to fix it. Dealership tells me that it was a Mazda headoffice error they have to fix it. This back and forth went on for a month. I finally showed up at Mazda Camada head office in Richmond Hill On. They ushered my wife and I into a boardroom, we showed them the extended warranty contract and the original bill of sale. I told them that unless they fixed it immediately I was going to sue Mazda Canada and the dealership for the pro-rated value of 3 months of extended warranty in small claims court + costs. I told them that the lawyer they would have to send to defend my suit would cost them more than the value I would sue for, or they could simply send me a new warranty contract with the correct date - their choice. Needless to say they fixed the clerical error and sent me a new contract. No apologies - nothing.

Would I buy another Mazda? Yes. Would I patronize Prima Mazda in Woodbridge On again? No!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: It's been almost a year and a half since Kevin Crull been in that position. He was appointed COO of CTV effective January 1, 2011.

At that time, people that emailed him at the bell.ca email address with complaints got an auto response directing them to:

executive.complaints@bell.ca

I don't know if that is still the email address to use or not, but Kevin Crull definitely cannot help.

He is now:

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-crull/2/116/4a9
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
Bell sucks, don't give them your business ever again and go somewhere else.
Problem solved.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: Not 100% sure what you're saying.

He is now the CEO of Bell Media (of which CTV is part of).

He is no longer a point of contact for people with Bell Canada complaints as I stated before.

He is not COO. May be he was. I do not disagree what you said. I just updated the information.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
gman wrote: He is not COO. May be he was. I do not disagree what you said. I just updated the information.

No problem. I just wasn't sure if you were saying he was still a contact for Bell Canada customer complaints. I understand now.

He was originally appointed COO and took over as President/CEO after someone else retired:

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/690273/ ... ary-1-2011
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
If every company had a pricing structure like Mobilicity, this would be a MUCH better country. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
NG wrote: We need a "Bell screwed me" sub-forum.

Not to take Bell Side but... if that's the case we will need a "Rogers screwed me", "Telus screwed me", "Shaw screwed me", "Eastlink screwed me" etc... and many more "screwed me" sub forums.

I've been with bell for a long long time. I know that I've had to do some calls to get my bill adjusted etc.... but seriously I laugh when people start a thread with "XXXXX phone/internet suck.. don't go with them".

I was with rogers (internet only) for 2 years and they were the same has bell at some point.

So think of it. If you search RFD for all the complaints you will find some for every phone/internet/tv company out there. They are all the same, You get the best price the first year than !!BAM!! it seem like everything is overprice after your "Special price / promo / we want you" first year contract is over.....

Just my opinion :)
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1474 posts
734 upvotes
I have never heard of Bell auto renewing a contract...