None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
46 upvotes

Bell FIBE 6 - Any good?

Hey guys,

So I was searching for other internet companies (the one I had before was wayy overpriced), so I checked out Bell and was only eligible for the Bell FIBE 6.

I just wanted to hear if anyone has experience with this package/setup, and wanted to get a feel of how "fast" this really is. It says that the download speed is "up to 6MBs" which actually sounds very slow compared to the FIBE 25 (which has download speeds up to 25MBs).

Anyways, if anyone has any feedback on this package and can provide some examples on how fast the FIBE 6 is, that would be really great. Thanks guys!
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5833 posts
232 upvotes
It's just their FTTN service that sounds like FTTH. They still use copper to connect to your house...

And 6 mbps is as fast as any other 6 mbps service?
signature edited for rule violations
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
46 upvotes
flyz wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2010 7:10 pm
It's just their FTTN service that sounds like FTTH. They still use copper to connect to your house...

And 6 mbps is as fast as any other 6 mbps service?
I am not too sure what my old internet download speed was, so how fast is 6mbps? is there lag involved if i were to stream online videos/movies/tv? Or would it just run smoothly?

Thanks for the info!
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6166 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Just go with 10/1 Teksavvy cable avoid Bhell at all cost. Nothing with Bhell is worth it all of it a scam.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
408 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Be careful when throwing speeds around.

Firstly, MB stands for Megabyte. What you're referring to is actually 6 Mega-bits and not Megabyte.

6MB would translate to 60Mbps. Bell's speeds are actually 6 Mbps or 600KB (Kilobyte). 25 Mbps is 2.5MB or 2,500,000 KB.

etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
3587 posts
236 upvotes
Scarborough
It really depends on your location. I used to be on FIBE 6 (or whatever they call it back then, and I can get max download speed all the time while I read other people can get under 3Mbps
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
10777 posts
789 upvotes
Richmond Hill
7jai wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2010 1:49 pm
Hey guys,

So I was searching for other internet companies (the one I had before was wayy overpriced), so I checked out Bell and was only eligible for the Bell FIBE 6.

I just wanted to hear if anyone has experience with this package/setup, and wanted to get a feel of how "fast" this really is. It says that the download speed is "up to 6MBs" which actually sounds very slow compared to the FIBE 25 (which has download speeds up to 25MBs).

Anyways, if anyone has any feedback on this package and can provide some examples on how fast the FIBE 6 is, that would be really great. Thanks guys!
The key phrase here is "up to 6 Mbps" which does not mean you will be getting that speed. First it depends on the distance from your house to CO.You will not be able to test the true speed until you actually connect to their network. Keep in mind that Bell starts to throttle their connections between 4:30PM and 2:00AM. MI wasn't kidding about poor service and all the other BS with Bell.
Don't argue with THEM, get EVEN!! ;) :D

RFD's member NewEgg experience
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3701 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Bskll wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2010 8:49 pm
To Hell With Bell:
http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp#cable
+1

Way better than what bell is offering.
GA-MA78G-DS3H | Phenon II x4 955BE 3.2Ghz | 8GB DDR2 800Mhz | XFX 7770 1GB | 160GB + 750GB WD HDD | Corsair VX550W PSU | Samsung T24A350 24" x2 | Corsair 200R
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2004
5263 posts
16 upvotes
bell's fibre6 as by the perceedings today have shown is only overhyped ADSL2+ standards OR even ADSL running at MAX speed. Bell your customer service is atroshous as well as not talking understandable english.

Your ONLY option is to look at either DSL or Cable from teksavvy.

Also hopefully by the end of friday we will have a better idea of what the CRTC's gonna be looking to do & what not in reguards to services we the consumer get from ISP's.
AMD FX 8350 | Asus M5A99X-Evo | Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600 16 gigs | Asus Xonar DX | Gigabyte Radeon 280x | Corsair 650HX | Fractial Designs Refine R5 | Samsung 840 EVO 256 gig. SSD
Heatware 45-0 | RFDware 13-0
× < >