Bell Fibe Internet vs Rogers Ignite Internet
After years of sticking with TekSavvy, I've got an opportunity to take advantage of one of the deals Bell and Rogers currently offer. I'm moving to a new place at the end of the month and trying to see what internet plan I should accept.
Here are my options:
- Fibe 150mbps Unlimited: $65 / month (2 year term). Price increasing Feb 1/2017 to $70 / month.
- Gigabit Fibe Bundle (Internet, Good TV, Phone Lite): $101 / month (2 year term)
- Rogers Ignite 100mbps Unlimited: $65 / month (2 year term)
- Gigabit Bundle (Popular TV + Unlimited Gigabit internet): $99 / month (2 year term)
Some things to note:
- I don't care too much about having cable (haven't had it for over 5+ years) and definitely don't need a phone line (I'm going to setup voip anyway).
- I'm not a heavy downloader, I currently have a 25 mbps plan with TekSavvy. I mostly stream everything now via Kodi or Netflix.
- I do want a faster speed, so I'm thinking either the Bell Fibe 150 or Rogers Ignite 100 plan will be sufficient. I can save $30-40 a month if I don't take the Gigabit plans either company is offering.
From what I have seen, most people recommend Bell Fibe because it is FTTH (fibre to the home) so I will rarely experience slow speeds. The Rogers Gigabit bundle sounds pretty enticing, and I see a lot of people have signed up for it since it's a pretty hot deal.
Any thoughts from people who have had either service? It's been years since I've had Rogers or Bell internet.