• May 9th, 2018 10:40 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
27963 posts
3686 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
ricky86 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 3:50 pm
Now our internet speed of 15 down and 1 up is NOWHERE NEAR THAT RATE. It's awful. I can't browse social media on my phone while my wife uploads basic word documents to her google drive at the same time without one of our connections constantly "spinning".
Rogers should be pretty consistent with speed. Have you done a speedtest from a computer?
Banned
Aug 29, 2013
35 posts
5 upvotes
georgecantstandya wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 8:15 pm
What in the actual hell. I have the same package as you, sitting downtown toronto and all i'm getting is:
Download 130.6 Mbps
Upload 32.26 Mbps
Ping 31ms

Smiling Face With Horns
You sure your device supports the full gigabit speeds?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
3667 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Can't wait. Beanfield is coming to my condo next year.
Nov 22, 2017
9 posts
1) I am living in Scarborough (near North York), got a deal for Bell Fibe 300 from Jan 1, 2018 @ $59.95 + tax (monthly) for 1 Year and it will be $89.95+ tax after a year.
2) Today one Rogers Salesperson came and mentioned about really good deal for our building. He offered Ignite 500u @ $30+tax (monthly) for 2 years.

I have a few questions:
1) I gave my details to Rogers Salesperson and I am planning to get Bell connection disconnected. Is it the right decision?
2) Will it be easy to get Bell connection disconnected? Anyone with experiences.
3) Should I mention it to Bell that I got a better deal with better speed with Rogers and hope Bell matches the price to $30 per month (I am fine with Bell speed)?
4) Will it impact my credit score for disconnecting such internet connection?
Aug 11, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
vishal198900 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 7:41 pm
1) I am living in Scarborough (near North York), got a deal for Bell Fibe 300 from Jan 1, 2018 @ $59.95 + tax (monthly) for 1 Year and it will be $89.95+ tax after a year.
2) Today one Rogers Salesperson came and mentioned about really good deal for our building. He offered Ignite 500u @ $30+tax (monthly) for 2 years.

I have a few questions:
1) I gave my details to Rogers Salesperson and I am planning to get Bell connection disconnected. Is it the right decision?
2) Will it be easy to get Bell connection disconnected? Anyone with experiences.
3) Should I mention it to Bell that I got a better deal with better speed with Rogers and hope Bell matches the price to $30 per month (I am fine with Bell speed)?
4) Will it impact my credit score for disconnecting such internet connection?
Im in North York, getting similar deals, $55 from bell 300/100 unlimited and $89 after a year .... and $40 from rogers 500Mbps unlimited. i think i'll go with Roger's as it's more speed and lower price and since you're getting that same plan for only $30 per month, half of your bell's price, you should go with Roger's.

though do give bell a call to see if they can match your Roger's offer. if they did Bell would be better since they've much higher Uploads speed as well. As for Your questions.
1:yes 2:should be since its not under a contract 3: yes 4: Don't think so
May 21, 2008
554 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
I am in same boat. I am currently with Rogers and was offered 500Mbps deal if i want to stay with Rogers, but I am planning to go with Bell since Rogers speed is not consistent through out the day even though I have FTTH. I am on Gigabit plan with Rogers and speed drops under 200Mbps in the evening :rolleyes:
Nov 15, 2009
21 posts
12 upvotes
Bell recently upgraded my modem to the new Home-Hub-3000-modem. Ever since they have switch to it lots of my device keeps loosing connections using it. The WIFI strength signal is a lot weaker in the house. I had to get three WiFi repeater installed in my small split entry. My netflix and amazon prime has buffering issues now since they upgraded the new modem. Some web pages like ctv and cbc news are some time slow to load. I even tried rebooting the hub and doing a hard reset, and running there wifi optimizer wizard and still same issues. I am now trying to fight with bell to switch back to the old style modem because you never ha issues like this. I be-leave they are pushing these new modem to be able to secretly throttle internet speed. Also all the bandwith signal are set at max! I am calling eastlink today which is better then bell and a sister company of roger to get my services switch with them.

Also the bell phone lines always have a large echo in it.
Mar 17, 2018
1 posts
my mom's (retired and elderly) is experiencing the same issues with the new bell modem that was recently installed, still getting billed. Can't get any signals!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3724 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Currently i have Rogers Ignite 75 for $50. my condo just upgraded their fibre internet with Fibrestream and they have Fibre50 for $35. Should i sign up and downgrade with them. I mostly just stream videos and we only have 2 people at home. do you think there's much difference in speed? or i can get the Fibre250 for $55. if anyone can give some advice that would be great.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Nov 22, 2017
9 posts
arj416 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 11:46 pm
Im in North York, getting similar deals, $55 from bell 300/100 unlimited and $89 after a year .... and $40 from rogers 500Mbps unlimited. i think i'll go with Roger's as it's more speed and lower price and since you're getting that same plan for only $30 per month, half of your bell's price, you should go with Roger's.

though do give bell a call to see if they can match your Roger's offer. if they did Bell would be better since they've much higher Uploads speed as well. As for Your questions.
1:yes 2:should be since its not under a contract 3: yes 4: Don't think so
Thanks, I took the $30 (+tax) Rogers Ignitie 500u plan in January. Infact many people got it for just $24.99 (+tax) around February. However Rogers just increased my plan's price to $38 (+tax) from this month after giving a lame excuse. Anyone with similar experience?
Mar 19, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
I just left Bell and signed up with Rogers a week ago for $24.99 for 500u...... I'm sorry I did. Rogers speed is not consistent at all compared to Bell. I live downtown Toronto area and Rogers jumps all over the place ...... very disappointed. When I called tech support, they don't even know what to tell me. I may switch back to Bell. If you're planning on switching, keep the service you're disconnecting for a few extra days and do your own testing.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1758 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Which one is better? I am currently with Rogers (VIP gigabit that ends on June 3rd). I am only getting 200-300mbps, they never resolved this issue for almost 2 years. I need the cable tv, I have hbo and tmn, 1 pvr, 1 hd box and paying only $120 all in. Amount never increased for 2 years.
Aug 12, 2008
85 posts
7 upvotes
I have a similar issue. Currently with Rogers 150U paying 80/ month.

Bell rep contacted me with a 300U promo for 24.99+tax and $100 Gift Card. I spoke to Rogers and they offered to match with 500U for 24.99 but no GC.

I'm debating staying with Rogers for the (on paper) higher speed (300 vs 500) but the 100 GC is tempting and i don't think I'll notice the difference between the 300 and the 500. Thoughts on Bell Fibe vs Rogers Ignite? Same shit, different brand? Or worth switching? I'm in the Junction, in Toronto if that helps.

In general, I'm glad that we're getting reasonably priced internet now, finally!
Dec 20, 2015
862 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto, ON
azko wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 10:23 am
I have a similar issue. Currently with Rogers 150U paying 80/ month.

Bell rep contacted me with a 300U promo for 24.99+tax and $100 Gift Card. I spoke to Rogers and they offered to match with 500U for 24.99 but no GC.

I'm debating staying with Rogers for the (on paper) higher speed (300 vs 500) but the 100 GC is tempting and i don't think I'll notice the difference between the 300 and the 500. Thoughts on Bell Fibe vs Rogers Ignite? Same shit, different brand? Or worth switching? I'm in the Junction, in Toronto if that helps.

In general, I'm glad that we're getting reasonably priced internet now, finally!
Great offer dude! But I would go with Bell because Fibe is a lot faster and better then Cable.