• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2017 5:27 pm
[OP]
Apr 16, 2014
12 posts
7 upvotes
London, ON

Bell Fibe TV as a standalone service now available

As the subject states, you can get Bell Fibe TV without having to also buy an internet package. If you're someone like me who has a Teksavvy/Start/whatever provider that you love or didn't like the concept of tied selling, this is good news. I had to visit a Bell store to discuss it, I'm not sure if the call center can do it or not.

Some notes:
  • They don't require an internet connection, they still set you up with a Bell Fibe internet connection and modem, but they don't charge you for it. It does show up as a credit on the billing. The internet connection is strictly for use by the Bell Fibe TV obviously.
  • The pricing didn't change.
  • I got the bundled savings, which is obviously a mistake, but the Rep said they're probably still ironing out the wrinkles of standalone TV.
  • They waived the $50 installation fee because it looked like I was ordering two services, also another mistake.
  • I was surprised that they were able to cancel my Rogers for me by providing my account number, thought they only did that for phone services.
  • Bell Rep advised me that they stop charging for rental boxes after 60 months. Obviously you need to return the box if you cancel your services, but this is the complete opposite of what Rogers does when they continually charge more and more for a deprecated box.
Enjoy.
1 reply
Mar 14, 2017
56 posts
17 upvotes
They have been offering Fibe TV + zero-rated Internet for TV only that for many years unofficially. I certainly did not expect that's how they deliver "standalone Fibe TV service" - I was thinking more along the line that you can plug your boxes into your existing home Internet connection. (I'm currently using Fibe myself.)