• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2011 10:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 29, 2006
294 posts

Bell Fibe...worth the switch?

I have had Rogers tv, phone and internet for about 10 years now. I am quite frustrated with Rogers for all the reasons that you all probably know about. Fibe has just come out in our area, and I was looking to switch as I want to get faster internet speed. I hear their tv is far superior as well.

Can anyone please tell me their reviews on Fibe internet 16 and fibe tv? Does it go down a lot? Is it reliable? Better then Rogers?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2152 posts
974 upvotes
I went from Fibe 12 to Fibe 25 during the promo. I already have home phone, so I get Fibe 25 for $33. And this rate, it's a steal. I wouldn't get it at $76 though.

Speeds are good in my area. I can reach download speeds of 3MB/s. I have been disconnected maybe once every 2 weeks, but it's easily remedied by restarting the modem. My Xbox 360 only gets 2 bars from it though, but it hasn't affected my gameplay. Bandwidth is enough for me. I usually use 120GB max. On Fibe 12, I was able to negotiate and get 130GB, but I was paying $55 still.
[OP]
Jan 29, 2006
294 posts
thanks guys. Right now the Fibe 16 is 50% off so I am paying $35 I believe for it.

My main issue with Rogers is the speed. I find streaming is so slow and buggy. I never really went over 40gig in bandwith, so I should be ok with 75.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the Bell grab & go kit with FIBE25 but am lucky to get 10mb/s so whatever one you do get, make sure you are paying for the service you actually have. After the 4 months is up I plan to downgrade to FIBE12 (with 40GB insurance), since that's the most I can download at anyway.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)