Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell Fibre 1GBPS internet

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2019 9:35 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
boldventure wrote: True, they raised mine $5 after 5 then $5 again after 5 months both were due to infrastructure upgrade but still lower and better than my Rogers VIP plan before and no contract
This is true... but I have no choice to stay with them.
hated on but respected.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
yao416 wrote: Basic tv. Phone. Gigabit $101 after taxes. Expiring on the 30th

I called in to put the cancellation last week.
Good to hear that they're at least providing some reasonable offers for existing customers. My current promo (similar to yours) expires in October. I'll probably end up dropping TV and home phone then. I'd be ok paying $55-60 just for Gigabit internet.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 26, 2017
125 posts
413 upvotes
Milton, ON
Last December I thought I got a pretty sweet deal.

I pay $72.50 for a bundle (TV, Home Phone and Internet). I also got a $200 gift card. I freeze the Home Phone and TV by paying $50 every six months, so the gift card pretty much covers the cost of the "freezing" the two services. This is a two year contract and the price of the internet increases by $5 in the second year. With my calculations the net amount comes to $52 (incl tax) for the 1GBps over the 2 year contract.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1505 posts
1529 upvotes
Is there a map somewhere that shows where Bell offers Gigabit speeds? Seems like in Markham this hasn’t been available for a while.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
TomRFD wrote: Good to hear that they're at least providing some reasonable offers for existing customers. My current promo (similar to yours) expires in October. I'll probably end up dropping TV and home phone then. I'd be ok paying $55-60 just for Gigabit internet.
Yeah... our home phone was not used at all. Cable was used 5 times in 2 years.

Makes no sense to pay for those “extras” I don’t use.
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
My bell gigabit is listed as $104.95 a month with an ongoing 50 credit so cost is $54.95+tax per month. All install/activation was waived.

Think they'll drop it to 94.95 if i complain? haha.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BRKAMZN wrote: They will raise more.
I know, Rogers can increase theirs too since now it's discount guarantee. Since I don't have contract I can switch to Rogers anytime they have a better deal. For me Bell is a better service with their fibre optic and wireless pvr
Jun 24, 2016
624 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
I will never ever sign anything with BELL ever they keep increase the price and I learned the lesson in a hard way.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Usher9387 wrote: I will never ever sign anything with BELL ever they keep increase the price and I learned the lesson in a hard way.
Good thing is. I can leave them anytime I want. No contract.
hated on but respected.
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
romsan04 wrote: Lol same thing I did for Rogers, chatted with them they offered BS I said the max I will pay is $50 for. 1gig

Few weeks later get a call with $50 offer for 1 year lol
Same here, I negotiated with Rogers and got offered $37 for 1gbps or $32 for 500mbps
Weird thing is I am getting same speed as 1gbps after downgrading from 1gbps, between 550mbps to 700mbps
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
BRKAMZN wrote: The price that Bell and Rogers promises don't hold for long.

Here is what you need to do. Call in to cancel and have the cancellation date well into the future like a month or so.
Give them some time to get back to you either via email or call back. Then you will get those good deals.
However, you will need to do this each year, but well worth it when you can save couple of hundred a year.
Can confirm this tactic, making yourself difficult to reach + rejecting initial offers after you scheduled a cancellation. Once even got to the stage where the technician was over to stop the service and also had a said they wanted to speak to me before I cancel. Depends on how much time you're willing to waste to get the savings, I know, moot point - this is RFD.
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
boldventure wrote: I know, Rogers can increase theirs too since now it's discount guarantee. Since I don't have contract I can switch to Rogers anytime they have a better deal. For me Bell is a better service with their fibre optic and wireless pvr
Or you can use their Alt TV. $15 basic and choose 5 of your favourite channels for $5 extra. They have a $4.95 credit permanent credit for their Alt TV. Although they said it was permanent, but I take that with a grain of salt.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
zaibii786 wrote: Same here, I negotiated with Rogers and got offered $37 for 1gbps or $32 for 500mbps
Weird thing is I am getting same speed as 1gbps after downgrading from 1gbps, between 550mbps to 700mbps
Sounds like you're on Wifi
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
overtask wrote: Can confirm this tactic, making yourself difficult to reach + rejecting initial offers after you scheduled a cancellation. Once even got to the stage where the technician was over to stop the service and also had a said they wanted to speak to me before I cancel. Depends on how much time you're willing to waste to get the savings, I know, moot point - this is RFD.
Now that this technique is public, I am sure Rogers and Bell will have other ways to combat the abuse lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Just spoke to bell, got the 59.99 and no installation, but no gift card option. Anyone else who is not getting gift card?
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Nov 18, 2007
139 posts
18 upvotes
Gatineau
yao416 wrote: Existing customer here

Called loyalty on Tuesday. Offered me $59.95 gigabit I declined.

Called again yesterday. Offered me $59.95 and I asked for $5 monthly credit. Came back with $60 1 time credit.

1 year
lucky you, they wouldn't budge at all for me, only giving me a 5$ credit hence making it 90$ for gigabit...
Last edited by cloutid on May 24th, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
TomRFD wrote: Good to hear that they're at least providing some reasonable offers for existing customers. My current promo (similar to yours) expires in October. I'll probably end up dropping TV and home phone then. I'd be ok paying $55-60 just for Gigabit internet.
Mine promo expires in 6 days

I just called and they offered me Gigabit internet and Alt TV with Crave for $84.90

That is what I was paying previously but I also had FibeTV and home phone
Dec 27, 2016
101 posts
164 upvotes
I signed up with Bell last summer 69.99 pre tax for 500mb down/up 1 year price guarantee. 4-5 months in and price goes up to ~118 after tax. Called them and was told the price increase is/was for all the customers and that I was sent an email regarding it and the sales rep offered me $10 off FOR ONE BILL LOL. Cancelled then and there and never going back no matter the deal!
Specs: Ryzen 7 3800x-RTX3080-GKILL RGB 32GB
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9312 upvotes
Got the same during end of March or early April. When Rogers was having their sale or whatever.

Paying around the low $50 after taxes. Even got a $60 Visa prepaid GC and had the activation fee waived. This was done through a second channel or source as well too. Haven't looked back after, and I think the price we are paying is not on a contract and is not valid for a year. Meaning I think, it will still be the same price after a year. I could be wrong.
Blanka