Computers & Electronics

Bell to Increase Internet Prices !

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 12:39 pm
Nov 5, 2011
38 posts
6 upvotes
Are you sure you have a contract for your home Internet service? Why would you? What is the advantage of signing a contract?

I didn’t know contract/penalty fees existed anymore for home Internet (except for Businesses). If they didn’t give you anything when you signed up (like a subsidy for a mobile device for example) you shouldn’t have any penalty fees to pay when cancelling your service...

And yes, they always send out notices when increasing fees.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5372 posts
593 upvotes
That and Bell usually does it as a Service "Discount" for the term (not protecting the base price). So you're guaranteed that $ discount but they can raise the fees anytime.

Regardless even in a contract if they really wanted to increase, most just have to give 30 days notice.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25895 posts
2887 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I’m on contract it’s Bell

They charge me th regular fees and then give me credits for 2 years. I have Fibe internet. $150 with a $75 credit. Home phone for $40 with a $40 credit and Fibe TV for $75 with a $50 credit.

All the credits have expiry dates. I plan to cancel after the credits expire.
Nov 5, 2011
38 posts
6 upvotes
Did you sign a contract because you have credits? Other than for mobile (2 year agreement), I don’t have a contract for Home Internet or TV and can cancel anytime without penalty.
Jul 17, 2010
86 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
i don't think i signed a contract.
It's just a metaphor that what both parties agreed to should stay the same way.

Really pissed off by Bell. not that $5 is a big deal, but how they do business and treat customers....
reptile wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:51 am
Did you sign a contract because you have credits? Other than for mobile (2 year agreement), I don’t have a contract for Home Internet or TV and can cancel anytime without penalty.
Jun 23, 2017
258 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gee wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 10:39 pm
Everyone should just dump Bell

Hit them where it hurts and not take it up the arse.
I dumped Bell last year on Black Friday.
Fido Home Internet was offering 3 months FREE! and thereafter $60/month for 60Mbps/10Mbps Unlimited Service.

At the time, I was getting 15/10 Unlimited from Bell for $75/month inclusive of all discounts... the best their Customer Loyalty/Retention team could offer me was to up the speed to 25/10 Unlimited for the same $75/month and no FREE months. Oh, and provide me with a warning about Fido over-promising on their speed claims!!

It's been almost a year now since my switch to Fido.
As far as Fido over-promising on their speed claims ... My upload speed has been consistently ~10Mbps.. but my download speed has been CONSISTENTLY 75Mbps to 90Mbps. It may change in the next 12 months, but so far, so good.
May 5, 2008
997 posts
231 upvotes
;) This thread should be moved to the "ongoing discussion" section, because Bhell increases their prices regularly :)