Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Internet Student Plan 2016

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2017 5:52 pm
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo

[Bell] Internet Student Plan 2016

Fibe 25 with speed 25D/10U and U/L usage - $49.95/mo for 8 months then $84.95
Fibe 50 with speed 50D/10U and U/L usage - $59.95/mo for 8 months then $95.95

The activation and modem charges is subject to waived off with negotiation for new/existing customer. I do not see much details on student ID verification in the offer's T&C, last time I took this offer they just asked if I am a student or if I have a student at home.

Rogers Student plan is more economical with 1 yr locked price starting @45 unless you have heavy usage. Though I have collected personal feedback from all my friends and majority (incl. ones who switched from Bell to Rogers) says Bell has a better speed/network than Rogers specially if you get the Hub2000 modem which they even give for 25/10 plan. Rogers tends to give Rocket modem for their high speed customers. But Rogers vs Bell experience could be YMMV.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2637 posts
1167 upvotes
But rogers isnt unlimited. it has a useles 300gb cap, unless you get 100u or higher which is $65. fibe 50 seems like an ok deal, but personally i would go with carrytel for the exact same service but at $49.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1113 posts
872 upvotes
seeing as not a single thing they told my mother ended up being true when she went with bell, I think if you don't want to be correcting tons of billing "errors" and arguing about what was included or not you should avoid bell.

Plus honestly ... these speeds are useless to 99.99% of the users

unless you are starting your very own search engine in your garage,
students should go with resellers
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1092 posts
759 upvotes
GTA
It took six billing cycles for my bell bill to steady out and now I just cancelled my home phone so I am dreading what is coming down the pipes. Now I have to call in for this student deal and I am not looking forward to the next few billing cycles
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo
ultimatum wrote: seeing as not a single thing they told my mother ended up being true when she went with bell, I think if you don't want to be correcting tons of billing "errors" and arguing about what was included or not you should avoid bell.

Plus honestly ... these speeds are useless to 99.99% of the users

unless you are starting your very own search engine in your garage,
students should go with resellers
Similar experience where I changed my plan and for last 2 billing the amount is wrong. I guess Bell should seriously work on their billing software.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2637 posts
1167 upvotes
felix wrote: The latest Rogers student deal has an unlimited option for $65 or $75/month. Here is the thread : rogers-2016-student-plans-wireless-internet-2023213/

For non-students : rogers-ignite-100u-internet-plan-65-mon ... y-1931637/
thats literally what i said... its not unlimited unless you go for the $65 or higher, whereas bell is unlimited even for the 25mbit.
Jan 17, 2013
11 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I'm already with Bell on another internet plan. Can I switch over to this plan? If so, how do I go about it? Just call up customer care to say I'd like to switch ? I see that the fine print says only applicable for new residential customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1190 posts
472 upvotes
GTA, ON
boredtechie wrote: I'm already with Bell on another internet plan. Can I switch over to this plan? If so, how do I go about it? Just call up customer care to say I'd like to switch ? I see that the fine print says only applicable for new residential customers.
Have any existing bell customer successfully switched to a student plan promo? I tried switching to another promo plan last month- and all 3 reps that I spoke to said that it was only for new customers.
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo
wolfpack27616 wrote: Have any existing bell customer successfully switched to a student plan promo? I tried switching to another promo plan last month- and all 3 reps that I spoke to said that it was only for new customers.
Try retension.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boredtechie wrote: I'm already with Bell on another internet plan. Can I switch over to this plan? If so, how do I go about it? Just call up customer care to say I'd like to switch ? I see that the fine print says only applicable for new residential customers.

Don't bother with Bell. They are a terrible company to deal with. Not only that, even when you're on a "contract" your PRICE still goes UP! They say they give you "$20" discount for example, but what happens is the monthly fee goes up, and the just minus the $20. It's SO STUPID. I made a stupid mistake of going into a two year contract before, and at the end of 2 years my bill went up by over $9 a month. I'm done with those ***** .
Oct 26, 2006
223 posts
108 upvotes
Kitchener
foodyforlife wrote: Don't bother with Bell. They are a terrible company to deal with. Not only that, even when you're on a "contract" your PRICE still goes UP! They say they give you "$20" discount for example, but what happens is the monthly fee goes up, and the just minus the $20. It's SO STUPID. I made a stupid mistake of going into a two year contract before, and at the end of 2 years my bill went up by over $9 a month. I'm done with those ***** .
This. I'm SOOOO much happier not having to pore over my monthly bill with Bell. Teksavvy and others may not be as much of a bargain as they used to be, but they are generally more predictable with their billing. The only thing I buy from Bell now is their stock...
Nov 24, 2013
65 posts
2 upvotes
Hi everyone, I received an email quote for the Student Plan after doing an online chat.

Fibe 50 with unlimited usage
$94.95 - Credit $35 (Internet Promo 8 months) = $59.95

At the footnotes, there is a paragraph which sounds a bit fishy to me:

Quote:
Your promotional credits will apply to your FIRST FULL 30-day billing period and for each full billing period after that, for the duration of your promotion. Your billing period may not start on the day you subscribe to our services. Regular price will apply for services delivered prior to your first full 30-day billing period or if you terminate the services during a 30-day billing period.

If I am understanding it right, it means that if I subscribe on Aug 1 and Bell decides that their billing cycle starts on Aug 10th, then I will be billed:
Aug 1 - 9: $94.95 x 10 / 30 days (Regular price apply PRIOR to FIRST FULL billing cycle)
Aug 10 - Sep 9: $95.95 - Credit $35 = $59.95 (since $35 credit applies only to FIRST FULL billing cycle)

This doesnt seem right that customers be charged a higher price before the billing cycle.
Has anyone had any experience with such type of billing from previous years promo?
What is Bell's billing cycle ?
How do we avoid incurring stupid charges like the above?

Thanks ahead for your input.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3986 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
ugh..i'm cheap. i would be willing to take lower speed for cheaper price! It seems pretty expensive for students, unless of course they are splitting it with roommates.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7568 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Lydiaacoupon wrote: Hi everyone, I received an email quote for the Student Plan after doing an online chat.

Quote:
Your promotional credits will apply to your FIRST FULL 30-day billing period and for each full billing period after that, for the duration of your promotion. Your billing period may not start on the day you subscribe to our services. Regular price will apply for services delivered prior to your first full 30-day billing period or if you terminate the services during a 30-day billing period.

If I am understanding it right, it means that if I subscribe on Aug 1 and Bell decides that their billing cycle starts on Aug 10th, then I will be billed:
Aug 1 - 9: $94.95 x 10 / 30 days (Regular price apply PRIOR to FIRST FULL billing cycle)
Aug 10 - Sep 9: $95.95 - Credit $35 = $59.95 (since $35 credit applies only to FIRST FULL billing cycle)

This doesnt seem right that customers be charged a higher price before the billing cycle.
Has anyone had any experience with such type of billing from previous years promo?

entirely possible. Call to confirm. Please update us if you do!
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1827 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fibe 50 with speed 50D/10U and U/L usage - $59.95/mo for 8 months then $95.95
after the first 8 months $95.95/mo is pretty expensive
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo
dazz wrote:
Lydiaacoupon wrote: Hi everyone, I received an email quote for the Student Plan after doing an online chat.

Quote:

entirely possible. Call to confirm. Please update us if you do!
I chatted with a Rep to confirm on this T&C and she said it would be $49.95 for the first billing period. I just saved the chat to refer back in case they don't. I hate to waste my time in this but $49.95 vs $84.95 is quite an amount to argue over.
Aug 7, 2016
55 posts
4 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: ugh..i'm cheap. i would be willing to take lower speed for cheaper price! It seems pretty expensive for students, unless of course they are splitting it with roommates.
I saw Rogers offer $10/month internet on internet. There are some restrictions but $10/month is simply amazing price.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers- ... -1.3523584

I don't know why I can't see my post showed up after I pressed the submit button. Hope this one can go through.
Apr 23, 2013
127 posts
38 upvotes
Montreal
is there anybody know when will the deal end?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)