Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 12:44 pm
Mar 22, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
Got small business FTTH 300/300 for $57/mo. Didn't need to provide RC number, just address. Will see how the install goes.

Edit: Installation fee of $80 waived via credit. Technician was pretty accommodating. Speeds cap out around 330 Mbps both up and down.
Last edited by windrixx on Feb 1st, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 23, 2005
591 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
has anyone jumped to start.ca/teksavvy/carrytel and used their reselling of bell internet?
any feedback?
Dec 25, 2008
126 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
If this is a brand new building (no previous owners) Rogers will give you EVERYTHING for free for 6 months. No contract, cancel and go with Bell afterwards if you still want to. I did this when I moved into my new rental building when it was first built.
User851769 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:58 pm
I am moving into a new condo in downtown Toronto and the just the other day Bell Chat also quoted
"Fibre 300 unlimited @ $59.99 +tax for 12 mos. (plus one-time activation fee $59.95+tax) "

Then the Bell rep for my building offered exact same thing but willing to give me VISA gift card $60 as I asked him o waive the install fee.
So it looks like this is the best we can do. I did see one response someone getting Fibre 300 for $24.95 but seems to good to be true.

My building is brand new so the Fibre FTTH is top quality. This is the reason I want to give it a try. Coax cable is same old so nothing new.
Dec 25, 2008
126 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Update

I noticed second order was actually messed up and another discount was removed as well. I decided to email under share a concern - goes to the customer relations team. Rep actually tried to call me back after only a couple of hours (I missed the call) I talked to him today and he's promised that he would personally adjust any credits and I was given his direct number if needed.

Call took 5 minutes (comparable to 30-40 minutes dealing with reg cust reps last 2 times)
While you still need to negotiate with retentions I think this might be the better way to go if you were promised something and it wasn't delivered.
dcpyke wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi,

So we had booked an installation date however I noticed activation charges and some hub charge totally $80 so I called them back. The hub was optional so she took it off but she could not remove the activation charge. She said she put a note on the account for a credit. Now I've been reading past posts and it seems that is sort of iffy when they do that. Is it worth it to keep trying again maybe with a manager or wait until the actual charge. She also had to rebook my appointment so have to wait another week for tech.

thanks
Jan 29, 2018
2 posts
dcpyke wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 2:15 pm
If this is a brand new building (no previous owners) Rogers will give you EVERYTHING for free for 6 months. No contract, cancel and go with Bell afterwards if you still want to. I did this when I moved into my new rental building when it was first built.
2 live chat and 2 sales conversations and still no deal for my brand new condo. Best they could do for internet only is Ignite 500 for $70.95 +T/mth.
The main rep for the condo could not even be bothered to email me back after a full wk. Terrible Rogers service. Decided to go with Bell Fibre 300 for $59.95 + T/mth.
Every building and every developer have different rules and arrangements with Bell/Rogers. You get anything free, you are darn lucky.
Oct 20, 2006
72 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Just switched from Rogers to Bell 300 for $59. Forgot to ask if they can waive the $59 installation fee. Is it too late now that i've confirmed my installation date next month?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2608 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
Any Bell Internet deal for their gigabit service?

Thanks!!
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2005
2103 posts
2649 upvotes
Toronto
gwright2 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 8:23 pm
Bell are doing a small business promo right now:

Gigabit Fibe (FTTH, 940 down, 940 up)
Unlimited data
Free installation & activation
No dry loop fee

$71.95 per month on a 36 month contract (ETF of $25/month remaining capped at $500). Regular price is $209.95 so in theory they can increase the price by up to $20.95 per year (as per their 10% rule).

They also are doing a winback promotion for Rogers customers. If you can prove you are currently with Rogers, they'll credit you with $200 which basically means the first few months of service ends up being free.

They've really tightened their qualifications for small business though, so be prepared to provide an HST registration number or an incorporation number.

Where's this promo advertised and how do I get it (I have a valid business and GST/HST #)? On their website, after I enter my postal code it shows $151/mo. Screenshot:

Nothing to see here folks...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
2608 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
loonieryan wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 12:28 pm
Where's this promo advertised and how do I get it (I have a valid business and GST/HST #)? On their website, after I enter my postal code it shows $151/mo. Screenshot:

I would like to know too!!
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Feb 4, 2017
374 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
I just signed up for an amazing deal! Please note, Beanfield downtown condos only:

Fibe 300
1st year: $17.50/mth
Ongoing: $40/mth

One time activation fee of $60.

This even beats the $24.95/mth (1st year) and $49.95/mth (ongoing). The only difference is I have to pay the the $60 one time fee for the lower monthly price.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2540 posts
737 upvotes
TORONTO
ttothel wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:42 pm
Anyone know if the deals on Kijiji are legit like this one?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/cit ... nFlag=true
Possibly, Bell had Fibe 300 for that price.

HOWEVER, I'd encourage you to scroll both the Rogers and Bell threads on RFD and read some of the stories from people that gave their personal information to some random person on Kijiji. Both companies forbid their employees to advertise on that site so people are either very motivated to lose their job or to steal your credit information.
Jul 25, 2010
675 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Was able to sign up with Bell as a new customer for the following:
Bell Fibe 300 Down 100 Up
Home Hub 3000
Unlimited Bandwidth
$24.95/month for 12 months
$59.99 installation fee

Tried to get the installation fee waived but they wouldn't budge. Even with the installation fee, this is a way better deal than what Rogers Retentions was offering me which was 59.99 for 150u. Also, Rogers customer agent confirmed that internet prices would be going up by 8.00 March 12th.
Mar 22, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
loonieryan wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 12:28 pm

Call the small business line directly (on the bell.ca site). Don't bother with the website offers. There's small business deals for 150, 300, 500, and 940 symmetrical.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)