Ongoing Deal Discussion

Bell

Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 12:58 pm
Feb 24, 2017
265 posts
134 upvotes
nocturnalblkshp wrote: Looking for a rep in the Ottawa area. Please reach out. :)
I thought any rep in the province can sign up subscribers, even for customers in other cities. The rep have access to the system to view pricings based on postal codes, after all.
Oct 11, 2013
164 posts
19 upvotes
Markham, ON
I am looking to sign up for Internet. I heard Bell has improved their service over the past 1-2 years so I thought I would give them a try. I open to any provider though.

Is there any way to get bill credits, or 3 months free or anything like that? I contacted Bell yesterday and they said they can do a $100 Visa card, but when I tried back today they said it expired yesterday. Plus they charge the activation fee.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
psyh wrote: Has anyone gotten a promo for just their Fibe Gigabit service?
Current new customer promos for internet only:
Gigabit /w unlimited usage - $59.99/mo for 12 months
If fiber-to-the-home is not available, 50Meg /w unlimited usage - $49.99/mo for 12months.

And of course, the triple-bundle of home phone lite, Gigabit internet, Fibe TV Better package, 4KPVR - $99.90/mo for 24 months with waived installation fee is still available until Feb 6.
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
2235 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
engman13 wrote: I had a sales rep contact me and say the $99 Better package has been extended to Feb 6, 2019. I'm thinking of doing the switch.
Can I get this info?
Looking for internet, home phone and tv. Toronto with FTTH.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
I received my confirmation email from Bell following the signup with the Rep and all looks good so far. I'm really hoping that remains the case following installation.

Does anyone use the Bell app with a Firestick? I'm curious to know how it performs and if it's worth cancelling any additional receivers.
Jan 16, 2017
37 posts
14 upvotes
There are people selling VIP5662W 4K PVR's. Has anyone bought one and have you had trouble using / installing this on your own? If you had it purchased ahead of the Bell install, would they install it for you?
Jan 16, 2017
37 posts
14 upvotes
engman13 wrote: I received my confirmation email from Bell following the signup with the Rep and all looks good so far. I'm really hoping that remains the case following installation.

Does anyone use the Bell app with a Firestick? I'm curious to know how it performs and if it's worth cancelling any additional receivers.
I have been testing the firestick with the Bell App and it works pretty well. The only issue I have with it is that you are not able to watch a recorded show on the firestick until it has completed recording. I like to record a hockey game on the PVR and start watching it half way through the game. The app will not allow you to do that so you are forced to watch it on the TV that is connected to the PVR. Other than that, it is pretty fast and the firestick allows you access to other apps as well. If this is not an issue for you, then I say go for it and get rid of the additional receiver.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Sonnyw wrote: I have been testing the firestick with the Bell App and it works pretty well. The only issue I have with it is that you are not able to watch a recorded show on the firestick until it has completed recording. I like to record a hockey game on the PVR and start watching it half way through the game. The app will not allow you to do that so you are forced to watch it on the TV that is connected to the PVR. Other than that, it is pretty fast and the firestick allows you access to other apps as well. If this is not an issue for you, then I say go for it and get rid of the additional receiver.
The additional receiver would be going in the bedroom so that my wife can watch TV when i'm watching sports on our main TV so I don't think this would be an issue, it's more the functionality and how user friendly it is to switch between channels since she's not very good with technology. Can you watch live TV on it? Is it just casting directly from your phone to the TV?
Jan 16, 2017
37 posts
14 upvotes
engman13 wrote: The additional receiver would be going in the bedroom so that my wife can watch TV when i'm watching sports on our main TV so I don't think this would be an issue, it's more the functionality and how user friendly it is to switch between channels since she's not very good with technology. Can you watch live TV on it? Is it just casting directly from your phone to the TV?
As far as I have noticed you can do everything you can do with a Bell wireless receiver except for the issue I noted above. Watch live TV, record shows from the firestick (recorded on the PVR), watch record shows once they complete recording, etc. The interface is different than the Bell receiver, but is quite good. I have no issue with it. The speed is good as well. If you are not concerned with the issue I noted, then I say go for it and save yourself some money.

I should clarify I'm testing the 4K Firestick. Not the HD one.
Nov 30, 2018
12 posts
14 upvotes
Got a similar offer last night.

$99 + tax
Unlimited Gigabit
Better TV with 1 free box
Home phone basic
4 free international channels for free - 1 year (fairchild etc)
2 months free HBO/Crave
install fee waived

Only thing missing is he didn't mention the visa gift card? did everyone get that in their offer?

Was going to bypass the extra cable box and just use the fire stick for all the other tvs.

Question, does anyone know if the firestick app use the Bell modem IP location to limit where the firestick is used to view Bell app? If not, could I just bring my firestick elsewhere to use it or login to another firestick at another location with my account info?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
hk2011 wrote: Question, does anyone know if the firestick app use the Bell modem IP location to limit where the firestick is used to view Bell app? If not, could I just bring my firestick elsewhere to use it or login to another firestick at another location with my account info?
I have tested this and I could not check out my channels elsewhere except my home wifi as it doesn't allow it
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Jan 2, 2012
23 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
how do you guys activate the 2 months free HBO/Crave .

It's in my contract, tried watching crave yesterday after logging in with my bell account and i got the "enjoy the free demo" bit with some commercials. The crave ui is pretty bad, it s hard to find any information about your account.
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
shsiddiq wrote: I have tested this and I could not check out my channels elsewhere except my home wifi as it doesn't allow it
That's right. The only way to watch live TV elsewhere is using the phone/pad app, which limits to small screen, not TV.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
marcin4231 wrote: how do you guys activate the 2 months free HBO/Crave .

It's in my contract, tried watching crave yesterday after logging in with my bell account and i got the "enjoy the free demo" bit with some commercials. The crave ui is pretty bad, it s hard to find any information about your account.
As far as I know you have to use the Bell Fibe TV App to access your account. Even the HBO & Crave channels. You can't just download the standalone Crave app to access the content.

So on iOS and Android use the Bell Fibe TV app, on laptop/desktop use the browser-based portal: tv.bell.ca
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
freebie wrote: Current new customer promos for internet only:
If fiber-to-the-home is not available, 50Meg /w unlimited usage - $49.99/mo for 12months.

And of course, the triple-bundle of home phone lite, Gigabit internet, Fibe TV Better package, 4KPVR - $99.90/mo for 24 months with waived installation fee is still available until Feb 6.
could someone DM me the details of a rep who could give me this offer? i've gotten a flyer before with a sales rep #, but i tossed it out. Or the promo code i could quote the person.
Jan 15, 2019
9 posts
4 upvotes

Would you be able to give me any info regarding this?

I'd love to get the gigabit fibe for that price.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
Scavos wrote: could someone DM me the details of a rep who could give me this offer? i've gotten a flyer before with a sales rep #, but i tossed it out. Or the promo code i could quote the person.
Sent you a message.
RFD Member # 3476!
Jan 15, 2019
9 posts
4 upvotes

Could you please send me the details as well?

Thanks
Nov 26, 2005
58 posts
6 upvotes
Can you get this deal if you are an existing customer. My current promo ends in March. Love to just renew at this deal again
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
QL0G1C wrote: Can you get this deal if you are an existing customer. My current promo ends in March. Love to just renew at this deal again
Sadly no, the sales teams can't apply the new customer promos to existing accounts. It would have to do through Loyalty and the deals would not be identical. Lots of good info in this thread, I think some have escalated to office of the president. Also 3 pages back someone said they scored a deal for $103+tax by scheduling a cancellation and getting a winback offer before the service end date.
RFD Member # 3476!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)