Bell

Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Mar 23, 2008
861 posts
233 upvotes
Scarborough
Just cancelled my Bell Fibe TV/Internet cause it was going to cost me $200+ for 300MBPS/300GB and Popular package. I was paying about $140/per month when I was paying $100 when I first signed up. Called in and said Rogers was giving me a sweeter package.. They said the only thing they can do is offer me $140/per month... and downgrade my TV package.

Cancellation date is scheduled for this weekend.. and need to get service before the weekend. Any Rogers deals out there?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1308 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
Btw, I signed up as a new customer at a different address because the new acquisition deals were better than the retentions deals.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1308 posts
1287 upvotes
Toronto
Just call the general sales line. Worked for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
zaidyboy wrote: New Bell Field Offer

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
Is it on a contract?
Feb 4, 2019
3 posts
freebie wrote: Current new customer promos for internet only:
Gigabit /w unlimited usage - $59.99/mo for 12 months
If fiber-to-the-home is not available, 50Meg /w unlimited usage - $49.99/mo for 12months.

And of course, the triple-bundle of home phone lite, Gigabit internet, Fibe TV Better package, 4KPVR - $99.90/mo for 24 months with waived installation fee is still available until Feb 6.
Can you pm me with info on who to contact pls?
Nov 21, 2005
177 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
just called Bell to see what they can offer on just gigabit internet
$70 month for 1 year
$60 activation fee
$100 Visa GC - limited supply, appreantly last day today.
no contract
1 gigabit and 750 upload

is that worth it?
Ive been on gigabit with rogers for $40 a month after tax for almost a year now, expiring soon. issue is that i dont get 1 gbps speeds at all, it fluctuates bigtime.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
I'm curious, how much extra is Home Phone on that promotion?

I called back Bell today because for some reason I had a new charge on my bill after cancellation. It turns out they continued to bill me for Home Phone for while even though I cancelled everything before the new cycle. Strange, considering I don't even have the Home Hub 3000 anymore (returned a couple of weeks ago) and the telephone number is not in service anymore either. Anyhow they reversed that charge but also asked why I left, so I reiterated that when I called in before to see what deals were available, including my initial calls and with my cancellation call, they offered me absolutely terrible offers.

The agent says now I'm eligible for a new promotional offer (even though I'm only a couple of weeks after the termination date), being internet (?speed) with Good TV and Home Phone for $99.99, which is actually cheaper than what I had before. So, I emphasized to the agent that it's way too late now. I already switched weeks ago. I mean I set up my cancellation over a month ago with the termination date 2 weeks ago. If they really wanted my business, they should have offered me a decent deal then. It's pointless to offer the deal an entire month after the fact. BTW, back then I had already told them exactly what I was offered by their competitor, yet they still chose to give terrible offers.

I know it's partially the fault of Bell's retention/winback policy, but it would be so much easier for all involved if we didn't have play these stupid games all the time. Preaching to the choir I know, but it just seems so ludicrous.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
Jedi-- wrote: just called Bell to see what they can offer on just gigabit internet
$70 month for 1 year
$60 activation fee
$100 Visa GC - limited supply, appreantly last day today.
no contract
1 gigabit and 750 upload

is that worth it?
Ive been on gigabit with rogers for $40 a month after tax for almost a year now, expiring soon. issue is that i dont get 1 gbps speeds at all, it fluctuates bigtime.
The info I received is that the gigabit internet-only promo is $59.95/month for 12 months, but no gift card though.

Best option is to see if you can get Rogers to renew your $40 for another year, unless the speed fluctuation is so unstable that it affects your ability to do the things you want (i.e. Netflix streaming, gaming, etc)
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3799 posts
463 upvotes

Gigabit Internet
Better TV
HDPVR
$100 VISA Giftcard

$99.99 + HST for 2 years
How does a field offer work, is there a special person or phone number to get this promo?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Flavour wrote: How does a field offer work, is there a special person or phone number to get this promo?
Yes, it's for new customers through a field sales agent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
EugW wrote: I'm curious, how much extra is Home Phone on that promotion?

I called back Bell today because for some reason I had a new charge on my bill after cancellation. It turns out they continued to bill me for Home Phone for while even though I cancelled everything before the new cycle. Strange, considering I don't even have the Home Hub 3000 anymore (returned a couple of weeks ago) and the telephone number is not in service anymore either. Anyhow they reversed that charge but also asked why I left, so I reiterated that when I called in before to see what deals were available, including my initial calls and with my cancellation call, they offered me absolutely terrible offers.

The agent says now I'm eligible for a new promotional offer (even though I'm only a couple of weeks after the termination date), being internet (?speed) with Good TV and Home Phone for $99.99, which is actually cheaper than what I had before. So, I emphasized to the agent that it's way too late now. I already switched weeks ago. I mean I set up my cancellation over a month ago with the termination date 2 weeks ago. If they really wanted my business, they should have offered me a decent deal then. It's pointless to offer the deal an entire month after the fact. BTW, back then I had already told them exactly what I was offered by their competitor, yet they still chose to give terrible offers.

I know it's partially the fault of Bell's retention/winback policy, but it would be so much easier for all involved if we didn't have play these stupid games all the time. Preaching to the choir I know, but it just seems so ludicrous.
trust me, I hear ya. I recently signed up for the exact same package listed above for $134.99 for 2 years. I called back because Rogers came to me with a promotion for Premier TV, Gigabit Internet and Home Phone for $114.99. Bell then brought the price down to $117.xx.

It turns out, two days after installation, the above deal was introduced. Spoke to loyalty as well as the executive office and there is nothing they can do. I filed a cancellation hoping loyalty calls me back or else I'll just go with Rogers.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3799 posts
463 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: Yes, it's for new customers through a field sales agent.
How does one find a field sales agent, just call the Bell general line?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
jansh84 wrote: Is it on a contract?
They are never really a contract. Just a guaranteed discount, which is why the normal price can change.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
apparently it's a hard hit for bell if you're a new customer? :\
Jun 10, 2012
131 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
You can call the department for new activations directly at 18665580708. You will be able to place an order with them as long as your address qualifies for bell services. This number is for new customers only, and they will not be able to help if you already have existing services.

Current Field Offer:
$99.90 x 24 Months
Better TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone Lite
4k PVR
No Activation fees

Offer ends today, take advantage of a rare Better TV package for under $100 for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1187 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EugW wrote: Both Rogers and Bell internet can have problems. Rogers does suffer slowdowns, but for most homes it really doesn't matter because it makes no real world difference 99% of the time if you're getting 500 Mbps vs if you're getting 900 Mbps. The question is how stable the internet connection is. On Bell Fibe (FTTH in my case) it was OK, but there were days it was down. The jury is still out on Rogers for me.

As for TV, their channel mix is different. So it depends on what channels you're interested in.
I mainly want all the sports channels, TSN 2, Sportsnet 1, etc. and the basic channels that come with digital TV. Do you know which plan that would be?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
DreamSanctuary wrote: I mainly want all the sports channels, TSN 2, Sportsnet 1, etc. and the basic channels that come with digital TV. Do you know which plan that would be?
For Rogers I think the Popular package has all the sports channels you mentioned, for sure the Premier package has them. For Bell the Better package has all those sports channels (the $99.90 bundle).
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1187 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto, ON
freebie wrote: For Rogers I think the Popular package has all the sports channels you mentioned, for sure the Premier package has them. For Bell the Better package has all those sports channels (the $99.90 bundle).
Yeah, I'm with the Premier package from Rogers. Would Bell Better be the equivalent?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
DreamSanctuary wrote: Yeah, I'm with the Premier package from Rogers. Would Bell Better be the equivalent?
For sports it would be equivalent. But none of the channel packages across both companies are directly 1-for-1 match. Closest to Premier would be Best package I think... Premier has stuff that Better doesn't, like Love Nature, BBC Canada, and some others.
RFD Member # 3476!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)