Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 23, 2009
225 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] Bell land line discount

For those people that are with Bell home phone, last year they had a $14.95 off their basic phone package for the people who call into their loyalty program department.
I called this year they are offering $15.95 off but on my last bill they are raising their rate by $2.03 starting Jan 2013,. So they are giving in one hand and taking back a little in the other hand.

Good luck
956 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1320 posts
257 upvotes
GTA
For all to note, I also called Loyalty recently due to billing issues.... no shock with Bell. If you have multiple services like me, the increase in the monthly bill come January is actually up to $8 ($2, $3 and $3, though I don't know the breakdown by service). The rep was at least nice enough to inform me, but that is a ridiculous amount. I told him that adds up to over a hundred a year including taxes per customer and all he could say was, "Yes, I know."

I procrastinate too much due to comfort of same old, but I really need to switch my services from Bell now. What would others recommend as both inexpensive but reliable service in the GTA for home phone (not VOIP cause I need 100% reliability when I work from home at times), internet, television and mobile? I'm fine with going with different companies if necessary. The $220 I have been averaging for last three months though stinks. (I only average about $2 a month for long distance thanks to 1010229.)
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1964 posts
108 upvotes
aliikram wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 9:00 pm
I procrastinate too much due to comfort of same old, but I really need to switch my services from Bell now. What would others recommend as both inexpensive but reliable service in the GTA for home phone (not VOIP cause I need 100% reliability when I work from home at times), internet, television and mobile? I'm fine with going with different companies if necessary. The $220 I have been averaging for last three months though stinks. (I only average about $2 a month for long distance thanks to 1010229.)
Teksavvy for internet, been with them about 5 years after getting fed up with Bell and their magic contracts -- the ones where I constantly had to call them and ask why the price was not lowered as promised and wait on hold to be shuffled around to every dept. Not sure about the other services.

http://teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet
Sep 4, 2007
116 posts
4 upvotes
what is phone number of the loyalty program department?
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2437 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I am sorry, what is landline? My grandparents used to used them, until recently when they switched to FreePhoneline.ca :D
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3599 posts
741 upvotes
Can this discount apply to Home Phone Lite? I'm paying like $30+ just to be able to get Youmano internet and make local calls once in a while. The best I got from Bell (not from loyalty program dept) is $5 off per month for a year
Jul 19, 2012
30 posts
11 upvotes
Sigh... unfortunately for some of us in rural areas there is no choice but bell I can't wait for another company to come in and bye bye bell. Cable is just 2 kilometers away. Also cell phones only started working here in march. Before that it was roaming in the usa.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking into TekSavvy as we speak! lol
Dec 7, 2009
253 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax
Went from $50/month with Bell (and others) land line to $7/month with Obi/VoIP.ms (and I get more features such as call for screening for individual numbers, etc, etc.....bye bye Bell landline and bye bye telemarketers). Still looking at Bell Fibe Internet for its speed though (esp. with the Student Offer).
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking at TekSavvy 24/7 N.A. plan for 0.03 cents a minute - Average calls made per month = 150 * 0.03 = $4.50 + 3 features at $3 each = $13.50/month. Does that sound correct or am I missing something other than taxes?
[OP]
Apr 23, 2009
225 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
yuanw wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 9:47 pm
what is phone number of the loyalty program department?
1-866-323-4838
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
567 upvotes
Toronto
Nevermind I have figured it out, so you have to get TekSavvy basic home line and then get N.A. LD rate. I am going to start the switch tomorrow, no VOIP for me though, there int'l LD rate is already 65% lower.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1003 posts
101 upvotes
Waterloo
aliikram wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 9:00 pm
For all to note, I also called Loyalty recently due to billing issues.... no shock with Bell. If you have multiple services like me, the increase in the monthly bill come January is actually up to $8 ($2, $3 and $3, though I don't know the breakdown by service). The rep was at least nice enough to inform me, but that is a ridiculous amount. I told him that adds up to over a hundred a year including taxes per customer and all he could say was, "Yes, I know."

VOIP phone (Magicjack is what I use, 100% reliable), Bell DSL internet (25 down, 10 up, $35/month), free ota tv. I'venever been a happier person. Spend less than $40/month.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel