None
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
audit13 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2012 7:22 pm
The Bell data cancellation fee is only $200? I thought Bell changed the penalty provisions so that the earlier in your contract you cancel the data, the more you pay to offset the data subsidy shown in the contract. The maximum penalty would be the data subsidy which could be more than $200, or am I wrong?

Terms & Conditions:
Ending the Agreement: You can cancel this Agreement or any Services at any time by calling Client Care. Termination
date will be 30 days from the day you call. See Bell's and your other cancellation rights in the attached Terms of Service.
You must pay the amounts below, plus taxes:
-Service Agreement Price Adjustment (SAPA), if you cancel your rate plan before the end of the Commitment period: the
greater of (a) $100 or (b) $20 per month left in the Commitment period after termination to a maximum of $400, and/or
-Data Service Agreement Price Adjustment (DSAPA), if we gave you a Data Credit and you cancel your data feature/plan
before the end of the Commitment period: the Data Credit set out above (or if none set out above, on the original Service
Agreement modified by this Agreement) divided by the total number of months in the Commitment period, multiplied by the
number of months left in the Commitment period after termination up to a maximum of $200.

-The combined SAPA and DSAPA amounts, if you cancel both the monthly rate plan and the data feature/plan.

So if one receives a $425 data discount, then their data ECF reduces by $11.80 each month...but until month 16-17, they will pay $200 ECF as that is the maximum allowed. After that point, it'll continue to drop by $11.80 each month.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11282 posts
718 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 6th, 2012 7:53 pm
Terms & Conditions:
Ending the Agreement: You can cancel this Agreement or any Services at any time by calling Client Care. Termination
date will be 30 days from the day you call. See Bell's and your other cancellation rights in the attached Terms of Service.
You must pay the amounts below, plus taxes:
-Service Agreement Price Adjustment (SAPA), if you cancel your rate plan before the end of the Commitment period: the
greater of (a) $100 or (b) $20 per month left in the Commitment period after termination to a maximum of $400, and/or
-Data Service Agreement Price Adjustment (DSAPA), if we gave you a Data Credit and you cancel your data feature/plan
before the end of the Commitment period: the Data Credit set out above (or if none set out above, on the original Service
Agreement modified by this Agreement) divided by the total number of months in the Commitment period, multiplied by the
number of months left in the Commitment period after termination up to a maximum of $200.

-The combined SAPA and DSAPA amounts, if you cancel both the monthly rate plan and the data feature/plan.

So if one receives a $425 data discount, then their data ECF reduces by $11.80 each month...but until month 16-17, they will pay $200 ECF as that is the maximum allowed. After that point, it'll continue to drop by $11.80 each month.
Hey, thanks for clearing this up for me.
Sep 14, 2008
693 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 6th, 2012 2:05 am
Are you on a BB or PDA plan? Are you on the newest version of this plan? I think for ambiguity sake, they no longer market / advertise this as a feature on the most current versions of the Fab plans (for PDA at least).

It was quoted to me when I signed a contract and it shows up on my bell self-serve app (along with a running total of how much I use). I'm using an android phone, which I assume is the PDA data plan?
No idea what constitutes social media use if it's not the official app, unofficial app, or the website itself.
Sep 14, 2008
693 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
Moobil wrote:
Jun 6th, 2012 4:02 pm
1. Just looking at options. Bell seems like it could maybe be okay,the phones are definitely nicer than koodo's....

2. I have only ever had a problem with sending multi page texts to Bell customers. It's a constant thing, not a sometimes thing. It's rather annoying, especially since my BF is with Bell...

I can agree with the OP that these text things are a hit and a miss, across all carriers it seems. My girlfriend's Telus phone almost always consistently never gets the first part of a text though. Since most people are on smartphones nowadays, I just disabled the "split messages up" feature and i send it as one giant text instead. Then If I know the other party is using a dumb-phone I just keep it under 140 chars. It's kind of sad that we're in 2012 where I can run GPS on my phone or voice command it but the networks still can't properly send a 250character text.
Jun 3, 2012
6 posts
AIRDRIE
Nucks wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 4:45 am
I can agree with the OP that these text things are a hit and a miss, across all carriers it seems. My girlfriend's Telus phone almost always consistently never gets the first part of a text though. Since most people are on smartphones nowadays, I just disabled the "split messages up" feature and i send it as one giant text instead. Then If I know the other party is using a dumb-phone I just keep it under 140 chars. It's kind of sad that we're in 2012 where I can run GPS on my phone or voice command it but the networks still can't properly send a 250character text.

Ugh, if only my phone (essentially a baby smart phone -LG Cookie Plus) had a way to make longer messages one message. Unless you mean the "send long text message as MMS" rather than " multiple SMS", but if a person doesn't have MMS included in their plan, wouldn't they incur extra charges?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1534 posts
104 upvotes
North York
Moobil wrote:
1. Just looking at options. Bell seems like it could maybe be okay,the phones are definitely nicer than koodo's....

have you checked out virgin mobile? it runs on bell's network (virgin sim will work in a bell locked phone) and more in line with koodo's prices and they get the same nice bell superphones.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
spawn582 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 10:24 am
have you checked out virgin mobile? it runs on bell's network (virgin sim will work in a bell locked phone) and more in line with koodo's prices and they get the same nice bell superphones.

Yup, definitely an option. I'm sure there is a Virgin thread here as well...perhaps the user should post their questions there as Koodo and Virgin are more comparable (tabs, rates)
RFD Forums Moderator
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
Nucks wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 4:40 am
It was quoted to me when I signed a contract and it shows up on my bell self-serve app (along with a running total of how much I use). I'm using an android phone, which I assume is the PDA data plan?
No idea what constitutes social media use if it's not the official app, unofficial app, or the website itself.

I'm stumped as well then; perhaps the reason they removed it from the plans was due to Bell's possible inability in actually knowing when a user was using "Facebook" on their phone, especially with all the 3rd party apps available.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 28, 2008
556 posts
43 upvotes
Moobil wrote:

2. I have only ever had a problem with sending multi page texts to Bell customers. It's a constant thing, not a sometimes thing. It's rather annoying, especially since my BF is with Bell...

I too have the Bell texting issue, and I am with Bell. Many, MANY times I have recieved only the 2nd half of a message. And lately, I have been having people text me, there phone saying it was sent successfully, but I never recieve it. Very frustrating.
Sep 28, 2008
556 posts
43 upvotes
OP,

Do you know why Bell no longer carries any Windows Phones? I have asked around and no one can give me an answer as to whether they will carry them in the future or not. The problem with this is that users like myself have committed a lot of money to the Windows Phone ecosystem, and given the choice of throwing away the hundreds of dollars worth of apps and content purchased by that ecosystem or switching to a different carrier that supports Windows Phone, the answer is an easy one.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
bigEfromGP wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 3:47 pm
OP,

Do you know why Bell no longer carries any Windows Phones? I have asked around and no one can give me an answer as to whether they will carry them in the future or not. The problem with this is that users like myself have committed a lot of money to the Windows Phone ecosystem, and given the choice of throwing away the hundreds of dollars worth of apps and content purchased by that ecosystem or switching to a different carrier that supports Windows Phone, the answer is an easy one.

Bell always launches a premium set of handsets (look at their line up last year and this year). If Bell feels they can get a return on their investment from Windows Phone, then I don't see why they wouldn't start carrying them again. **My personal opinion.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 28, 2008
556 posts
43 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 3:52 pm
Bell always launches a premium set of handsets (look at their line up last year and this year). If Bell feels they can get a return on their investment from Windows Phone, then I don't see why they wouldn't start carrying them again. **My personal opinion.

Thank you for your quick reply. I may have misunderstood you though; are you saying that Bell always launches a premium set of handsets at a specific time in the year?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
bigEfromGP wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 4:19 pm
Thank you for your quick reply. I may have misunderstood you though; are you saying that Bell always launches a premium set of handsets at a specific time in the year?

No, I'm saying Bell has always had an excellent, very high quality range of handsets. Look at what they released this year, look at what they had last year.
RFD Forums Moderator
Nov 25, 2007
628 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Does Bell Mobility have a Cantonese or Mandarin customer service number? Tried googling and didn't really find anything

EDIT: nvm i looked a lil harder and found a number
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7565 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
Mansech wrote:
Jun 7th, 2012 6:56 pm
Does Bell Mobility have a Cantonese or Mandarin customer service number? Tried googling and didn't really find anything

EDIT: nvm i looked a lil harder and found a number

You going to post it? :)
RFD Forums Moderator
× < >