+3
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
3827 posts
330 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Magister wrote:
Jan 14th, 2013 3:22 pm
I am on prepaid, even with data enabled in settings, it refuses to work.

Over wifi the Bell application asks for your phone number and send you an SMS with an URL to click, to properly authenticate you, but this does not work, just check the hundreds of people complaining about it on the play store...
This is not a unique situation to BELL, the authenticity requires a data connection from cellular towers, when a phone sees wifi, the data portion is ported to wifi, yet yes you can receive MMS via 3g/etc, but authenticity fails as any/all apps are forced to wifi by manufacturers firmware.

Yes they can do liek rogers and invoke a 100% must be on 3g/etc network or app will not run. But as well you get same # of complaints due to authenticty protocols required
Apr 11, 2011
173 posts
18 upvotes
I'm trying to get an iPhone 4 to get mailfrom a Bell Aliant business account. Their email is zzzzzzzzzz@bellaliant.com. The server I was told to use are pop.bellaliant.net and smtp.bellaliant.net. I was trying through their wifi, not through 3G. It goes to verifying but doesn't go past that. I verified username and password with webmail and that worked.
So anyone with an iPhone and a Bell business account (bellaliant.com), I would like to confirm that it works and I have the good server info.
They contacted Bell Aliant support and they should they are not allowed to help configure their iPhone?????

Thanks
Bob

was the wrong server addresses. It is .com instead of .net.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
warhawk wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 5:27 pm
I have a bell corporate account, and from what i understand some accounts are eligible for a hardware upgrade every year. In 2011 i think some of the accounts had their HUP changed to every 24 months.

Is this true that it is still 1 year on some accounts. The reason i ask is, i am looking to sign for 3 years but would be interested to know its still true.

Also i currently don't have a data plan, and i have been offered 6GB for $30. Its rich for my taste, but to get a super phone i need to get that. Or i have to take the 500MB for $25.

If i cancel my data after say a month, and i pay the $200 DECF, is there anything else that is a downfall? Should i wait a time period before i do this?
For corporate clients (both corporate and individual) the upgrade policy on the line is based at the "corporate code" level.
Example -- All clients on the Enbridge plan will have the same upgrade policy. If Enbridge renegotiates a new upgrade policy, everyone adheres to this new policy.

Corporate upgrade policies range from 12 months to 36 months with many options and variables in between.

Data Cancellation in most cases is up to $200 Max (Quebec excluded). Some corporate clients may have other policies though, but in most cases, it is the standard $200 that applies. You can remove your data at anytime.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Oct 27, 2006
382 posts
2 upvotes
I have 2 lines with Bell. One line is eligible for upgrade while the other isn't (the phone is broken on this line). Can I upgrade the one line and activate the new phone on the ineligible line instead?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
Orracle wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2013 6:50 pm
I have 2 lines with Bell. One line is eligible for upgrade while the other isn't (the phone is broken on this line). Can I upgrade the one line and activate the new phone on the ineligible line instead?
Sure -- what you do with your hardware after completing an upgrade is your business.
RFD Forums Moderator
Aug 10, 2011
64 posts
18 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Sorry if this was asked, I tried searching but came up with nothing

Was wondering if Bell or Virgin will be getting the Nokia Lumia 920 as part of their windows phone 8 collection anytime soon?

(please answer directly, don't give me a long "maybe"..)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
WorldIRC, what's the current price for a HUG for an LG Optimus G on a voice-only plan?
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
Beradon wrote:
Jan 25th, 2013 12:57 am
WorldIRC, what's the current price for a HUG for an LG Optimus G on a voice-only plan?
$399.95
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1326 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
Does bell make me activate a new phone? I am eligible for an upgrade but want to keep using my iPhone 4. Can I purchase the note 2 on contract without activating it and without anyone opening the box?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
DdBigs wrote:
Jan 28th, 2013 12:06 am
Does bell make me activate a new phone? I am eligible for an upgrade but want to keep using my iPhone 4. Can I purchase the note 2 on contract without activating it and without anyone opening the box?
Most Bell phone boxes are not sealed. With that being said, the rep at the store won't make you open / turn on the unit in store.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1326 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
Not specific to bell but I just agreed to a retention deal, 36 months. The rep couldn't answer when exactly the contract starts. Now or when I get the phone.

How long do I have to cancel the plan? I still haven't picked up the phone. Just wondering because I really need the 6gb so took the offer but wondering if they have a great promotion next week for the bb10 release.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
DdBigs wrote:
Jan 30th, 2013 5:56 pm
Not specific to bell but I just agreed to a retention deal, 36 months. The rep couldn't answer when exactly the contract starts. Now or when I get the phone.

How long do I have to cancel the plan? I still haven't picked up the phone. Just wondering because I really need the 6gb so took the offer but wondering if they have a great promotion next week for the bb10 release.
On Bell, the rep has the option to either renew the term or not renew the term -- however, your contract will always re-renew when you do your hardware upgrade, even if the rep renewed it the week before on the phone.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1326 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
WorldIRC wrote:
Jan 30th, 2013 9:17 pm
On Bell, the rep has the option to either renew the term or not renew the term -- however, your contract will always re-renew when you do your hardware upgrade, even if the rep renewed it the week before on the phone.
Thanks. The rep did renew, I see it on my bell page.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7491 posts
1208 upvotes
Newmarket
Starting Feb 10, Bell will be aligning with Quebec and Manitoba (and the other carriers) with their launch of the Subsidy based cancellation fee model.

This will affect clients entering into an agreement on or after February 10, 2013.
This will affect Consumer - Personal and Corporate - EPP accounts only.
All other accounts (Corporate, Corporate-INDV (which many of you have), and Small Business) remain on the current model.

Take your total subsidy, divide it by the total of months in your term, and multiply it by the months remaining to calculate your cancellation fee.

E.G. Client receives a $500 subsidy when activating on a 36 month term. Client wants to cancel 20 months into their contract.
$500 / 36 = $13.89. $13.89 x 16 months remaining = $222.24 cancellation fee.

If a client does not receive a subsidy when activating, but still took a term, their cancellation fee is 10% of their monthly recurring charges, multiplied by the # of months remaining, to a maximum of $50.

Clients wishing to perform an early upgrade (not eligible for an upgrade) will pay their remaining subsidy and then be eligible for an upgrade. Clients that upgraded or activated before February 10 will be based on the old (current) early upgrade fee model.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
11099 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Will new smartphone contracts will have two subsidy cancellation fees: one for voice and one for data?
× < >