Cell Phones

Locked: Bell Mobility - Ask anything

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2015 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 7, 2007
115 posts
I have a $30 all in plan with UMB built in to it. From what I've read so far, I can do a HUP and get $75 off a smartphone without getting a data plan. From what you posted above I could also get the HUP and add a data plan and only pay the ECF on the data? With the UMB built into the plan I should be safe to go this route or would there be issues adding a data addon?

If I went the ECF route after buying an LTE phone would I have issues falling back on the UMB built into my plan?
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7563 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
CougChaos wrote:
Jun 8th, 2012 9:21 am
I have a $30 all in plan with UMB built in to it. From what I've read so far, I can do a HUP and get $75 off a smartphone without getting a data plan. From what you posted above I could also get the HUP and add a data plan and only pay the ECF on the data? With the UMB built into the plan I should be safe to go this route or would there be issues adding a data addon?

If I went the ECF route after buying an LTE phone would I have issues falling back on the UMB built into my plan?

1. You will get the $75 off

2. There are many phones that have an additional discount without the need for a data plan (for example, Sensation is $99 w/o data; no feature tweaking required)

3. UMB conflicts with data options and would have to be removed to process the transaction properly. If you choose to go the route of adding and then removing data you may not be able to re add UMB. I cannot go into more detail of the internal process, but in some cases, UMB can then be re-added after the fact (and data removed) (especially if UMB was hard coded as an inclusive feature within your rate plan or corporate rate plan).

Choosing an LTE phone has no impact on any of your questions or results; however, with UMB, you will not have LTE access, only HSPA up to 42mbit speeds (network and device depending).
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
WorldIRC, I'm up for renewal soon on my voice plan(with UMB). Now you mentioned that the HTC Sensation was available now on contract for voice only plans. Do you have any insider info on what the next smart/super phone Bell will allow customers to get on HUP voice plans? I gather it is phones that are being phased out given the HTC Sensation is almost a year old.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7563 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
Beradon wrote:
Jun 10th, 2012 4:44 pm
WorldIRC, I'm up for renewal soon on my voice plan(with UMB). Now you mentioned that the HTC Sensation was available now on contract for voice only plans. Do you have any insider info on what the next smart/super phone Bell will allow customers to get on HUP voice plans? I gather it is phones that are being phased out given the HTC Sensation is almost a year old.

The Sensation has had special voice-only pricing for many months now; being phased out is not a requirement. Bell has many phones that have voice-only pricing; too many to list. Your local agent would be glad to go through them. The Sensation @ $99 is the best "bang for the buck" right now within this category. The HTC One V & the Motorola Motoluxe are $60 on a 3 year voice-only.

Again, I cannot discuss what "may" be coming; this is not information a retail customer would be able to find out in-store.
RFD Forums Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
234 posts
37 upvotes
RICHMOND
While switching from Bell prepaid to postpaid does Bell allow you to carry over the money in your prepaid account to the post paid account? Thanks.
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7563 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
tronagondqa wrote:
Jun 11th, 2012 12:59 am
While switching from Bell prepaid to postpaid does Bell allow you to carry over the money in your prepaid account to the post paid account? Thanks.

This I'm not sure of; does anyone know?
RFD Forums Moderator
Nov 26, 2009
89 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Beradon wrote:
Jun 10th, 2012 4:44 pm
The HTC Raider 4G LTE is now $29.95 on Voice only.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2010
1624 posts
172 upvotes
Scarbontario
Are the UMB monthly plans still available for new customers? Are there any talk & text plans with UMB on Bell?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
blingless wrote:
Jun 19th, 2012 4:40 am
Yeah the Raider looks good especially since it also has HSPA which works with my UMB. Unfortunately it's missing the NFC chip and I feel that's going to inconvenience me in the long run. I'm hoping the Galaxy Nexus will be available on voice plans in the next few months.

dr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 2:18 pm
Are the UMB monthly plans still available for new customers? Are there any talk & text plans with UMB on Bell?
Nope. Anyone talking about their UMB are the ones who got it long ago and trying very hard not to lose it. What they charge for data these days(1GB for about $30) is insane.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
1930 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga
i am currently a Wind customer using their $40 HMP plan

My parents are customer of bell for like 10 years for only TV and internet and home phone, do you think if i call them up and they will give me discount on any cell phone plan?
however i want it under my name not my parent's name

Thanks
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7563 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
dr wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 10:18 am
Please read my original post in full; you're question would have been answered by way of a URL to some VERY useful information.
RFD Forums Moderator
[OP]
Sep 27, 2003
7563 posts
1231 upvotes
Newmarket
killer007 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 2:26 pm
i am currently a Wind customer using their $40 HMP plan

My parents are customer of bell for like 10 years for only TV and internet and home phone, do you think if i call them up and they will give me discount on any cell phone plan?
however i want it under my name not my parent's name

Thanks
I'm not sure why you mentioned you were with WIND.

Anyways, as a new customer, they would be entitled to the same offers as any new customer would be entitled to. They can also get a small discount if the services are bundled to their residential services.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3580 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Since Bell is waiving the $35 activation fee, is it for new customers only? Can HUP get the fee waived as well?
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
elton5354 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2012 7:09 pm
Since Bell is waiving the $35 activation fee, is it for new customers only? Can HUP get the fee waived as well?
+1 would like to know as well.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
blingless wrote:
Jun 19th, 2012 4:40 am
Don't see this on the Bell website. Link?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.