• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2015 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 21, 2009
76 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: I am in the same situation. Cost per minute for me is 30c/minute. I find the cellphone performs better in term of download\upload speed so I kept it as is. I have a Mifi 2372 for sale if your interested. Just checked on the website, and its now 50c a minute?
Ah, well, I guess I might have just wasted 30-50 cents lol. Thanks for the offer but I am just going to get it repaired under my credit cards extended warranty. The phone I am using in the interim is fast enough. I can't tell if it's faster because I haven't used it enough though.

If I call Bell can I block all calls and text messages? Calls I can just ignore but text messages can come at will.
Dec 9, 2001
317 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
I'm trying to get a number ported and need to get a temporary Bell prepaid account. I went into a Bell store and they said I would have to purchase a SIM ($5) + activation ($50) + minutes ($15 min) = $70. Is this the cheapest option? I don't really want to stay with Bell and just need a place to park the number short-term.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
webthrasher wrote: I'm trying to get a number ported and need to get a temporary Bell prepaid account. I went into a Bell store and they said I would have to purchase a SIM ($5) + activation ($50) + minutes ($15 min) = $70. Is this the cheapest option? I don't really want to stay with Bell and just need a place to park the number short-term.
why bell? cant you park your number elsewhere?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
4566 posts
1184 upvotes
Golden Horseshoe
webthrasher wrote: I'm trying to get a number ported and need to get a temporary Bell prepaid account. I went into a Bell store and they said I would have to purchase a SIM ($5) + activation ($50) + minutes ($15 min) = $70. Is this the cheapest option? I don't really want to stay with Bell and just need a place to park the number short-term.
They're trying to play you. Go to a wirelesswave or something get a Sim $5 ask them to activate it ($0 no fee) and add whatever air time you want. $10-$100
Dec 9, 2001
317 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: why bell? cant you park your number elsewhere?
It's a corp account that they will only allow a transfer to a personal account on the same provider.
x-batman wrote: They're trying to play you. Go to a wirelesswave or something get a Sim $5 ask them to activate it ($0 no fee) and add whatever air time you want. $10-$100
Ahh great! Thanks for the information! I was hoping for something like this...so it'll cost me $15 and then I can port it elsewhere....
Feb 11, 2012
7 posts
PETAWAWA
Hi WorldIRC,
I was advised by my bell world to migrate my phones to a corporate account for a better data plan. I followed the instructions and after I was migrated I changed plans at Bellworld. Now I have 2 $35 activation charges for my 2 phones. My rate only went down 5 dollars so it will tAke me 14 months to realize any savings! I feel kind of tricked even though I ended up with more data( more than I will ever use). Is there away to get these activation charges waived. There was no number or contract changes.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
steventravis wrote: Hi WorldIRC,
I was advised by my bell world to migrate my phones to a corporate account for a better data plan. I followed the instructions and after I was migrated I changed plans at Bellworld. Now I have 2 $35 activation charges for my 2 phones. My rate only went down 5 dollars so it will tAke me 14 months to realize any savings! I feel kind of tricked even though I ended up with more data( more than I will ever use). Is there away to get these activation charges waived. There was no number or contract changes.
There is a $35 "migration fee" when changing account types. This should have been disclosed to you. You could always try to contest the charges, but it is a valid charge.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
For the MiFi users with data only plans, airtime is billed at various per minute rates, determined by your specific rate plans.

Also, Bell just launched the new MiFi 6630. Fantastic unit with a much larger battery in it. $199.95 outright or $49.95 on a 2 year term. Check it out!
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
djemzine wrote: What are the odds of my plan changing/being voided after the 3 year contract is over? Its a corp account/plan from 2008.

considering-my-options-after-bell-mobil ... r-1737545/
I couldn't give you "odds", sorry. Once your contract is over, anything could change with 30 days notice. As well, your plan is likely considered "EPP" now to align with WCOC regulations.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Fees may vary by reseller. There was a suggestion to checkout Wireless Wave. Not sure if they do prepaid, but it may be worth a shot.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: I couldn't give you "odds", sorry. Once your contract is over, anything could change with 30 days notice. As well, your plan is likely considered "EPP" now to align with WCOC regulations.
Bummer. Which is why I am going to go ahead with the Rogers EPP where I am currently working on a month to month.
Blanka
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
I will now be closing this thread as I no longer have time to dedicate to answering Bell questions. If any of you have questions, simply create a new thread and I'm sure someone will be able to answer them.
RFD Forums Moderator