• Aug 14th, 2017 9:51 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts

Bell Mobility Loyalty - Seeking Advice/Tips

Hello Fellow RFDers!

I've been with Bell since 2012 on a month to month plan, and looking to finally retire my Note3 and get myself a Pixel XL.

Just curious to see if there's anything I should know about before I make contact with their loyalty department that could work to my advantage as a long time customer?

I did try dealing with loyalty back in Late May/Early June when I was down with device issues and looked at getting a new device as the easiest route to get back up and running, but was really disappointed with their offers. The offers they presented made me feel really undervalued as a customer who spends at least $140 per month for a 2 line shared plan.

When I was in Calgary for Stampede last month, I was almost close to spending $99 on the Pixel XL. I ultimately opted to hold off seeing that they were unable to include a case and screen protector to sweeten the deal. The rep suggested I wait until the end of July as loyalty may be able to offer me a better deal than he currently was able to.

Any tips/suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated as I'd like to go back to loyalty armed and ready to get myself a good deal.

Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated.

- J
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3686 posts
310 upvotes
Just switch to another provider. Bell does not price match plans. Once your phone is paid off you will be paying a price preimuim for the plan and be more less stuck. If you get a new phone you have to get a new plan.

If you call to cancel a account good luck. You'll be on the phone for two hours while they transfer you 8 times and offer you the same deal over and over. Even if you say out right you wish to cancel. Eventually I said you have two choice cancel the account now or I will dispute the credit card charges with my credit card company. 30 seconds later the account was closed.

Bell pissed me off so much I will not touch them ever again. I was in your shoes figured hey let's stay will bell and get a new phone. Nope can't do that. Can't keep my old plan even if I buy a phone out right. Have to add $40 to my current bill no matter what. Then they changed my account without permission.

Yes it's a rant but Bell treated me like crap and my woman. She has 8 business lines wanted to cancel one and they gave her the same run around.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
@Max_Dealing I'm in Saskatchewan, so my Bell plan is too good to pass up. I've dealt with their help(less) desk and have had my fair share of frustrations with them... but for what I pay it's something I can deal with.

Plus, I travel through rural areas quite often... so to use a network that has pretty much the same network footprint as SaskTel (shared towers) but at a reduced price keeps my pocketbook happy.

However, still looking for advice/tips to help keep the advantage in my favor when it comes to engaging with their loyalty department.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
Hard to believe no one has any tips/suggestions for dealing with loyalty...
Dec 27, 2011
45 posts
8 upvotes
I've called a couple days ago. First agent I spoke to was technical support somehow I ended up there first he told me he can help me as well.

So he couldn't offer more than the plans off the website even though I am on a loyalty plan right now he first suggested to go to a bell store and ask for some promotions. I kindly asked him to transfer me to the loyalty department and he did.

Loyalty offered me some BYOD plans and I inquired as well if I can keep my current plan if I wanted a new phone. For a new phone I need a new plan Grimacing Face They only offered me like $10.00 less than the website plans for loyalty. I have been with bell for 7 years now what they offered me wasn't as good as the Koodo BYOD plans so most likely I will switch within the next week or so. I may give loyalty another change in a few day my device balance just went 0 today.

My experience was for getting to Loyalty I had to listen what the "normal" reps have to offer first before they would transfer me.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
@HolidayShopping did they offer you any sort of deal for a new device?

And that's unfortunate that they couldn't offer you something better than $10 off the online posted price after being with them for 7 years.
Sep 1, 2011
232 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
eZwa306 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:25 pm
Hard to believe no one has any tips/suggestions for dealing with loyalty...
...because these are different times. If you check the Ongoing Deals section for Bell Retentions, it's gone dead. Same on Howard Forums. Bell just seems to have stopped giving of any kind of retentions deals that are worth much. 5 years ago it would have been a different story. Nobody has any advice because there just isn't much to give, since Bell has tightened up.

If you want my advice, for what it's worth, know what you want before you call and ask specifically. Say you want the Pixel XL and you don't want to pay for it. You will have more luck with device credits than you will with plan discounts (especially as the Pixel XL is getting close to being refreshed/going End of Life.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
@thearcade that's what I've also noticed by viewing other forums and groups that are usually full of retention offers/advice.

My main goal in dealing with Bell's loyalty team is to get myself a new device for free with hopes of keeping my existing plan and/or monthly price.

Worst case scenario, I'll wait for the Pixel2 to be released and the price of the Pixel XL to drop to the point where buying it outright is more affordable... as paying over $1000 currently is a bit steep.

Appreciate your response, cheers. Thumbs Up Sign
Dec 27, 2011
45 posts
8 upvotes
I had just asked if I wanted to upgrade to an IPhone 6s with 128GB if I can keep my current plan and they said no. They offers me $0.00 on a premium plus plan or 128.00 on premium plan. But those were in the 90-115 range even with a "loyalty " discount ( unlimited talk and 2 GB)

By the way I ported to Koodo today and got a BYOD plan there.
Nov 1, 2009
431 posts
52 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:01 pm
Bell and TELUS don't care about loyalty.
THIS & like @thearcade mentioned time has changed.
You're also better off voting with your wallet, than to seek loyalty.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3743 posts
1567 upvotes
HolidayShopping wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:12 pm
I had just asked if I wanted to upgrade to an IPhone 6s with 128GB if I can keep my current plan and they said no. They offers me $0.00 on a premium plus plan or 128.00 on premium plan. But those were in the 90-115 range even with a "loyalty " discount ( unlimited talk and 2 GB)

By the way I ported to Koodo today and got a BYOD plan there.
In provinces other than MB, SK, and QC, go to Koodo/TELUS for their loopholes. It doesn't really matter which one you choose if you are living in MB/SK/QC or keeping a MB/SK/QC number. Otherwise, go to Fido/Rogers and wait for a loyalty deal in a few months.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
@hvwozq Rogers/Fido in Saskatchewan... LOL.

No thanks. I gave Rogers nearly 15 years to get their act together and work on better rural coverage before I ported over to Bell in 2012.

I'm going to call Bell today, and will advise of the outcome.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
2964 posts
167 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I got a "Loyalty Talk 30" plan with Bell quite a while back.
Needed unlimited international texting plus minimal Canadian voice.
For $30.- per month it gives me all (and more) than what I need at a p[rice I can live with.

Don't know if those plans are still available, but as someone suggested - be very specific what you need/want when you call