Bell Mobility retention plans?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2010 8:19 pm
[OP]
Nov 3, 2008
42 posts
Toronto

Bell Mobility retention plans?

I searched the forums for details about Bell's retention plans, but only found threads about Rogers, Fido or Telus. Jokes about Bell aside, I'm a bit surprised by this. Can anyone share what they know?

I'm thinking to talk to their retention dept to get a better deal (I'm planning to upgrade, perhaps to a Pre) and it's better to know in advance what to expect.

Thank you!
121 replies
Feb 27, 2008
586 posts
22 upvotes
jl2008 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2009 2:16 am
I searched the forums for details about Bell's retention plans, but only found threads about Rogers, Fido or Telus. Jokes about Bell aside, I'm a bit surprised by this. Can anyone share what they know?

I'm thinking to talk to their retention dept to get a better deal (I'm planning to upgrade, perhaps to a Pre) and it's better to know in advance what to expect.

Thank you!
When I was with Bell, I got:

$30/month + tax
200 minutes
Unlimited 6 PM-8 AM calls
2500 texts send, unlimited receive
Caller ID
Voicemail
Call forawrd, etc.
10 free calls to 1 local #
SAF and 911 included
Jun 3, 2009
77 posts
1 upvote
jl2008 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2009 2:16 am

Thank you!
Seeing as to how I just went through this, here's what I was able to get from them.....

$30 (with system access included)
200 day time
free eve and wknd from 6 pm
free text
free voicemail and caller id
free mobile browser (not data)

BTW Bell has horrible prices on data packages for that Pre you want. I was in the store yesterday trying to do a hardware upgrade to the Pre when they pulled some ******** on me. They want $30 for 1 gig, where as Rogers and Fido are offering 6 gigs for $30 right now. So much for competitiveness.
Jun 6, 2007
30 posts
4 upvotes
no_name_brand wrote:
Aug 28th, 2009 7:11 pm
Seeing as to how I just went through this, here's what I was able to get from them.....

200 day time
free text

BTW Bell has horrible prices on data packages for that Pre you want. I was in the store yesterday trying to do a hardware upgrade to the Pre when they pulled some ******** on me. They want $30 for 1 gig, where as Rogers and Fido are offering 6 gigs for $30 right now. So much for competitiveness.
How far along were you in your contract b4 you called them? Did you say you wanted to cancel? I'm at the 2 year mark of a 3 year contract and your plan is better than mine.
Jun 3, 2009
77 posts
1 upvote
nigeldell wrote:
Aug 30th, 2009 3:17 pm
How far along were you in your contract b4 you called them? Did you say you wanted to cancel? I'm at the 2 year mark of a 3 year contract and your plan is better than mine.
My contract period has expired, I'm just on month to month for now. They called me about a month prior to my 2 year term ending and I played the game, saying I won't be interested in renewing my contract because Rogers is giving my friends this this and that. They gave me the offered I mentioned in my post. But seeing as so to how they can't offer 6 gigs for $30, they will be losing a customer first thing tomorrow morning when they're customer service opens up.
Jan 7, 2009
849 posts
89 upvotes
no_name_brand wrote:

200 day time
free text

So... is there anyway to get them to match the $30/6 GB data plan? Telus also has it.
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Jun 3, 2009
77 posts
1 upvote
TidalDreams wrote:
Aug 31st, 2009 11:21 pm
So... is there anyway to get them to match the $30/6 GB data plan? Telus also has it.
They say that they don't offer such a package. It's either $30 1 gig or $50 unlimited from what I recall. Somebody in sales and marketing really really deserves to get fired!!
Aug 20, 2007
54 posts
5 upvotes
no_name_brand wrote:
What's the difference between free mobile browsing versus data?

Does free mobile browser allow you to surf the web but not allow you to use MSN, e-mail etc features??
no_name_brand wrote:

200 day time
free text

That's amazing! lol What did you say to them? Have you been a customer of theirs for a long time?

When you say free text do you mean unlimited sending and receiving? And is your mobile browser unlimited or 500Mb limit?
Feb 25, 2005
491 posts
12 upvotes
Hi guys,

Did any of you get charged by your current Service Provider like Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido for Premium text messages? I swear I didn't even see any messages or subscribe to any myself and I keep on getting billed for the last 3 months from Fido for Premium text messages.

A Fido customer service rep told me that they also charge you if you send a text message from your Mobile to a land line by accident. They will still charge you 25 cents and count as premium text. Is that true?

Did anyone successfully call Fido to complain about being charged for premium text & did they refund your money or reverse the charges?

I have been charged for the last 3 months now . I called Fido 3 times and each customer service rep tried to track down the premium text short code, and they all give me different short codes & different stories of who the service provider who sent those messages to me are. But the odd thing is that I checked my cell phone & I NEVER RECEIVED ANY weird text messages. Its mostly text messages from friends and family only, which I knew about. If I had got any weird text messages, I would have done something about it long time ago & at least reply STOP. But I don't see anything ...I think there must an errror with their system & those companies are billing me for them through Fido

Please help or give me some advice/feedback???
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2677 posts
261 upvotes
My retention plan:

250 minutes
8pm Unlimited E&W
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Mobile Browser
Touchbase (20 Free Local Calls to 1 Number)
Voicemail
CID
$0.10 Long Distance
Per Second Billing

$22.50/mo + SAF
Jan 9, 2009
15 posts
QC
This is what I got 2+ years ago when I called in to cancel my account:

200 daytime
unlimited nights after 8pm/weekends
voicemail
caller id
20 free calls to 1 local number
no SAF/911 fee

$20 per month + tax (comes up to $22-23)

The plan didn't come with text messaging (Bell wanted $5 extra for that, but this phone is only used for very occasional voice calls).
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1545 posts
33 upvotes
how do you speak to retentions when you call customer service? ask for the retentions department or talk to people in hardware upgrade or what?

thanks guys, noob here
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
76 upvotes
vse wrote:
Nov 12th, 2009 5:59 am
any plans for iphone?
I doubt it. The iPhone is regarded as something "out of the box" at bell. It's the way that apple has positioned themselves and so it is unlikely that Bell would offer retentions for those plans (since those plans are new to begin with).
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Oct 27, 2009
274 posts
85 upvotes
telus already has retention plans for iphone and they got it at the same time so i dont see why wouldnt bell have them either. I am suprised that there is no rentention post for bell really like there is one for rogers/telus and fido.
× < >