Ongoing Deal Discussion

Bell

Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2301 posts
1422 upvotes
Montreal
MOTORE wrote: Called in today for a rnewal ona plan.
Best offer was this:

Phones to pick – must pick from here
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Sp
Samsung S4 mini
Samsung galaxy S3
Note 2
Nexus 5

NOT Iphone 5c or 5S or Samsung Galaxy S4

$55
Unlimited nationwide calling
1GB of data
Unlimited text/picture - international text
CD.VM
+$5 would add 500 meg
$0.05 a megabyte overage

not that good if you ask me...
Yeah nothing special about that plan, I called in yesterday and got offered the same, it's a "lite" plan so it doesn't have the full subsidy for iphones but I did get them to bring the price of an Iphone 5S to 329.99 or Iphone 5C for 149.99 with this $55 plan
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
i guess when I have to renew, i will be buying the new iphone outright from apple.

I have Corp 200 (200 m, 200m ld, cd,vm etc, bell to bell mobile)
6gb.
all for $50+ tax
added txt msgs for $5

MOTORE wrote: Called in today for a rnewal ona plan.
Best offer was this:

Phones to pick – must pick from here
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Sp
Samsung S4 mini
Samsung galaxy S3
Note 2
Nexus 5

NOT Iphone 5c or 5S or Samsung Galaxy S4

$55
Unlimited nationwide calling
1GB of data
Unlimited text/picture - international text
CD.VM
+$5 would add 500 meg
$0.05 a megabyte overage

not that good if you ask me...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1921 posts
124 upvotes
Coming from:

Galaxy 3 - Three Years
Fab 10
200 Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends
Unlimited Nationwide long distance
CID & VM
6 Gb

$75

Bell offers:

New phone - Two Years
Fab 10
200 Minutes
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends
Unlimited Text/MMS
6 Gb

$80

CID & VM waived to $2.

More money for less...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2001
7112 posts
472 upvotes
Oakville
Contract expires this month.

Had:
Student 55 Fab 10 & Text -36M
200 anytime local minutes
National Fab 10 - Text & Talk
Text Messaging - Unlimited Package
Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
Basic Long Distance Rate
NO CD or VM
$55

Offered the Voice & Data Lite 75 with 2GB Data for $65 plus extra $50 off a device. Meh. I'll still probably take it.
Heatware: canadianpsycho - 200-0-0 http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=249
Jan 10, 2014
15 posts
Qu
I just called Bell Loyalty.

Their offer :

Unlimited Canada calls
CID and VM
Unlimited text (Canada and inter.)
1G data

3 year contract

55$

I'm keeping my old iPhone4.

Seems like a pretty poor deal, what do you think?

Without contract:

Unlimited LOCAL calls
CID and VM
Unlimited text (Canada only)
1G data and 15$/Gig if I go over 1G a month (it happens about 3 months a year when i'm at my cabin where I don't have internet connection)

45$ a month

Thanks

Pascale
Dec 23, 2009
246 posts
120 upvotes
Montréal, Québec
Just got this call by retention (and not even elligible for a retention offer) mentionning in 2 months, I could get this NO CONTRACT:

- Unlimited CAN Calling and US LD from Canada
- 6gb data
- Unlimited intl text
- CID, base VM
- 10% off BYOD

Total: 75$

Options:
- Iphone visual voicemail, 10hours/month TV: 5$

Total: 80$ - 10% BYOD (8$) - 4$ Bell bundle total: 68$/month

I will try to get free call forwarding because I use Roam Mobility in the US and that'd be great to just forward calls when on the other side of the border at no fee at all.

By the way, I'm quoting someone on Howard forums who said without any agreement, you can get this plan for 65$/month minus bell bundle deal. I wonder if you can get 10% off that monthly fee because that would make this plan even better at a total price of 54.50$/month + iphone visual voicemail (5$) = 59,50$/month.
Dec 7, 2011
153 posts
17 upvotes
Laval, QC
This is the same plan that they offered me back on December 27th. I was hoping that they would have adjusted their prices or come up with something a little more interesting.

I'm trying to get something like what I got for my wife back in September:

- 2 Gbs data
- Unlimited text
- CID, base VM
- Galaxy S4 for $105

$56 plus tax per month.
Oct 31, 2013
15 posts
2 upvotes
Guelph
Has anyone received a loyalty plan with 6 months left on their contract? I'm on the student $55 plan right now with 1GB of data. Doesn't seem like the loyalty plans are much better, but I'd like to add CID and VM. Don't want to re-sign or get a new phone ATM.
Dec 23, 2009
246 posts
120 upvotes
Montréal, Québec
BlackVariant wrote: Has anyone received a loyalty plan with 6 months left on their contract? I'm on the student $55 plan right now with 1GB of data. Doesn't seem like the loyalty plans are much better, but I'd like to add CID and VM. Don't want to re-sign or get a new phone ATM.
You should be able to trigger a retention offer with 6 months or less in your contract. I'd personally say buy yourself a phone on kijiji and wait til your contract ends or just get their best offer but don't renew any agreement yet.
Feb 18, 2010
178 posts
69 upvotes
Coquitlam
Max_Dealing wrote: I got $56 per phone and have two phones:

Unlimited Nationwide (Canada) minutes (Includes Unlimited incoming and Unlimited Evening and Weekends 5pm)
Unlimited International text
Unlimited text/picture/video nationwide texting
2gb Data Share data includes tethering
CID & VM

This is some sort of retention plan because I am pissed off at Bell and told them so. I have no clue about details beyond this and still feel there is plenty of other companies that will match this and not screw me over on details.
mtl-D wrote: Anybody able to get further discounts on this plan recently? They also told me since it's a voice and data lite plan I'm not eligible for most of the popular phones, what are the best phones you can get with V&D lite plans? either for use or resale?
I got this plan back in October, they apparently stopped offering it Oct 31 but they must have brought it back again, as it sounds like at least one person was successful in December. If you can get on the loyalty V&D 56 plan, I say jump on it. I got a OK subsidy paid $350 for Xperia Z1 a $700 phone but the deal was you can not get the full subsidy (as shown on bell.ca 2-year price) on the lite plans like this one, or any lite plan. Lite plans are below $60/mo. I believe that they add $150-$200 on to get the lite plan price, from what you see on bell.ca for the Plus plans. But sometimes you can also get a in-store "promo credit" (sorry have no clue where it came from but it was on my account extra $50 and I know that another guy in here got $100 extra). I think I was able to choose any phone, but my memory is foggy, they might have said no iphone
Dec 7, 2011
153 posts
17 upvotes
Laval, QC
Ok, spoke with retentions (yes, again! :lol :)

- 6gb data
- Unlimited international texting
- CID, Voicemail

Note 3 is selling for $199 minus a $50 credit from retentions...therefore, $149
Another $50 credit towards my early hardware upgrade ($83 - $50 = $33 out of my pocket)
$75 minus 10% = $67.50 for the next 5 months and $75 from there on.

What do you guys think?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
sw686blue wrote: Ok, spoke with retentions (yes, again! :lol :)

- 6gb data
- CID, Voicemail

Another $50 credit towards my early hardware upgrade ($83 - $50 = $33 out of my pocket)

What do you guys think?
deal! take it
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Nov 23, 2013
353 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
sw686blue wrote: Ok, spoke with retentions (yes, again! :lol :)

- 6gb data
- CID, Voicemail

What do you guys think?
This is only for Quebec :(
Nov 6, 2003
368 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville, ON
My wife is about to leave her company and she needs a new mobile phone and plan. She is a Blackberry user and wants the Q10. We currently have three services with Bell (Fibe TV, Fibe Internet, Bell Home Phone) while my mobile phone plan is with Rogers. Am I likely to get a better deal than those that are posted on their website by calling into Bell or do retentions only deal with current mobile customers?
Jan 27, 2014
1 posts
Hey Bell Mobility Experience

Old Plan:
Fab 10 Promo 60 - 36M -$60.00/month
Conference Calling & Call Waiting
200 anytime local minutes
Unlimited nights (6 p.m. - 7 a.m.) and weekends (6 p.m. Friday - 7 a.m. Monday)
National Fab 10 - Text & Talk
Text Messaging - Unlimited Package
Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
Basic Long Distance Rate
Email & Internet 1GB Flex
Mobile TV

Additional Features: Call Display Voice-mail - $5.00/month

I went on my online bell account and "accidentally" removed my call display and voice-mail feature. When I called bell to inquire about renewing the feature, they told me that in order to get it back I would have to pay $12.00 a month for the new feature. I complained by saying "I am calling you guys for assistance and now I am backed into a corner where I have to pay more regardless of my decision. They suggested I move over to the $70.00 a month plan that includes voice-mail lite (3 messages for 3 days) and unlimited calling for 70.00/month. I declined because I still would be paying more and I would loose a gig of data plus my flex data service. I requested to speak with a supervisor

The supervisor told me basically the same thing although she was a bit nicer to speak with over the phone. I told her that I am eligible for an upgrade and I wanted to know if i could resign for a reduction in my plan instead of upgrading my current device. she told me customer loyalty takes care of that and I will have to be transferred to them. (If you ask directly for loyalty you will not get a transfer and you will not receive any discount on your bill)/ I was then put on hold.

She picked up the phone again and told me loyalty was offering a plan for regular voice-mail ($2.00/month) with call display and I would not have to resign or commit to an extended contract. I agreed and received a voice mail and call display feature back on my plan with a price reduction on my bill of $3.00 a month.

You have to start small to win big! this is my third price reduction over 1.5 years.
Oct 25, 2012
236 posts
48 upvotes
North York
cypher wrote: My wife is about to leave her company and she needs a new mobile phone and plan. She is a Blackberry user and wants the Q10. We currently have three services with Bell (Fibe TV, Fibe Internet, Bell Home Phone) while my mobile phone plan is with Rogers. Am I likely to get a better deal than those that are posted on their website by calling into Bell or do retentions only deal with current mobile customers?
Usually you don't deal with 'retentions' for a new service, but...
Call bell regular 310 BELL and choose option 'cancel a service' - you'll be redirected to retention dept.
Complain about something too expensive, HP, internet or fibe TV, or all together.
They'll say there's nothing they can do, and now tell them you can give them another business opportunity: your cell phone service.
That way you'll get a better mobility deal or they will give some credits towards others services.
If they don't bite, just tell them you'll look for better deal with Rogers and ask to put a note under your account.
Don't threaten them. Just tell them you are looking elsewhere for better deals. If you don't get what you want first time, keep trying.
Last December I told them "I'm thinking to move my services to Rogers'
In less than 5 min I got what I wanted.
Nov 6, 2003
368 posts
165 upvotes
Oakville, ON
mcmn243 wrote: Usually you don't deal with 'retentions' for a new service, but...
Call bell regular 310 BELL and choose option 'cancel a service' - you'll be redirected to retention dept.
Complain about something too expensive, HP, internet or fibe TV, or all together.
They'll say there's nothing they can do, and now tell them you can give them another business opportunity: your cell phone service.
That way you'll get a better mobility deal or they will give some credits towards others services.
If they don't bite, just tell them you'll look for better deal with Rogers and ask to put a note under your account.
Don't threaten them. Just tell them you are looking elsewhere for better deals. If you don't get what you want first time, keep trying.
Last December I told them "I'm thinking to move my services to Rogers'
In less than 5 min I got what I wanted.
Thanks, mcmn243. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Sep 25, 2013
44 posts
1 upvote
Guys I need help. My contract is ending with rogers and I plan on going with bell. But how do I get access to retention/loyalty deals immediately? Because when I call loyalty/retentions to sign up they keep sending me to the new activation department because I dont have an account yet. The new activation department only has the full priced plans which is obviously not what I want.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
ughhhh wrote: Guys I need help. My contract is ending with rogers and I plan on going with bell. But how do I get access to retention/loyalty deals immediately? Because when I call loyalty/retentions to sign up they keep sending me to the new activation department because I dont have an account yet. The new activation department only has the full priced plans which is obviously not what I want.
You can't, you have to be with them for a few months before they'll offer anything since there's nothing to retain if you're not a customer to begin with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)