[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
wai_lai416 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2013 9:44 pm
hopefully bell will step up and offer me some kind of deal or compensation even though i'm a new customer.. i purchased a gs4 from bestbuy mobile.. bell's doa policy is 30 days.. bestbuy said theirs is only 14 days don't care about bell policy so they sent me to bell.. bell sent me to bell corporate store.. corporate store sent me back to bestbuy.. bestbuy sent me to bell customer support.. bell customer support sent me to samsung... all i want is to exchange my overheating gs4 for a new gs4... and this process pushed me to 30days.. now i'm on the 31day -.- filed a complaint to BBB hopefully bell steps it up... BELL not honoring their own DOA policy.. bestbuy doesn't represent bell when they sell bell products??
It's clearly stated on both Bell's and Best Buy's website the return period/exchange period is 14 days or 30 minutes of air time not 30 days.

http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Acco ... rders_work
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/return ... c1075.aspx

Right now your options are to take it a Bell Store, call Bell's Customer Service (1-800-667-0123) or contact Samsung (1-800-726-7864) any one them can setup up the warranty service. Unless they determine it's user damage I'll all be free of charge. Negative side is it'll take about 10 business days to turn around a repaired phone, so it might be wise to take it to a Bell store and pay the deposit for a loaner phone in the meantime.
Jul 13, 2009
790 posts
95 upvotes
o.O
First time in a Bell retention thread and most posts were about bad retention deals and customer service. I think there's another reason for me to switch services to Rogers.
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Oct 24, 2012
92 posts
12 upvotes
Kitchener
ChappyHappy wrote:
Jun 10th, 2013 2:23 pm
o.O
First time in a Bell retention thread and most posts were about bad retention deals and customer service. I think there's another reason for me to switch services to Rogers.
Yeah, not so much Rogers for me, but I felt the same way when I started visiting this thread.
Oct 7, 2011
55 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
... after 3 calls (YMMV) between 2 weeks was able to match Virgin Mobile $45 limited time offer plan with Bell Loyalty Voice & Data Lite 45

Term: 18 of 36 months
(no change/extension of contract end date or cancellation fee)

got lucky I guess?

NEXT STEP:
will try to increase data from 1 GB to 3 - 6 GB as a discounted feature
Sep 14, 2008
725 posts
69 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm currently on:
45/month for 500mb,
200mins
5pm weekends
and all the standard features

I have a year left and a call gave me this:

$50
100mins
6gb
+$2 for "loyalty" 5pm calling.

7 extra bucks for 6gb but losing minutes. Didn't really feel like it was a loyalty deal, to be honest. They wouldn't match the rogers $50 for 5gb and 350m plan for me
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
Bell (not including Bell Aliant) is now #3! Telus overtook them
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Nov 4, 2011
5 posts
Mississauga
Hi all,

Was in last 4 months of contract, paying $50 a month for a fab 10 student plan:
200 local mins
500 mb
Fab 10 unlimited talk and text
unlimited text
unlimited calling after 6pm on weeknights and weekends

Spoke with the retentions department today and was able to match their sister company virgin mobile $39 gold plan with their V&D lite $39. No additional charges, extension of contract, or cancellation fees.

Currently, I have:
450 canada wide minutes
unlimited 6pm-7am + weekends
unlimited incoming text + text and picture messaging
voicemail, call display
600 mb data

Hope this helps those of you who are trying to negotiate a better plan!
Mar 25, 2010
841 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
aaronlau wrote:
Jun 13th, 2013 8:07 pm
Hi all,

Was in last 4 months of contract, paying $50 a month for a fab 10 student plan:
200 local mins
500 mb
Fab 10 unlimited talk and text
unlimited text
unlimited calling after 6pm on weeknights and weekends

Spoke with the retentions department today and was able to match their sister company virgin mobile $39 gold plan with their V&D lite $39. No additional charges, extension of contract, or cancellation fees.

Currently, I have:
450 canada wide minutes
unlimited 6pm-7am + weekends
unlimited incoming text + text and picture messaging
voicemail, display

Hope this helps those of you who are trying to negotiate a better plan!
Did you lose your data?
Nov 30, 2010
504 posts
327 upvotes
Burnaby
That $39 virgin plan has $600 MBs, so probably not
Nov 4, 2011
5 posts
Mississauga
Yea forgot to add on the 600 mb - made the edit right now
Mar 25, 2010
841 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
I just joined Bell with 2 numbers and wonder if it's possible to negotiate the plan after 6 month?
both number with 3 yrs contract now.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2432 posts
305 upvotes
Joliette
codier wrote:
Jun 17th, 2013 10:29 am
I just joined Bell with 2 numbers and wonder if it's possible to negotiate the plan after 6 month?
both number with 3 yrs contract now.
Generally once you start a 3 year contract they don't really offer much
Mar 25, 2010
841 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
wrdeal24 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2013 12:23 pm
Generally once you start a 3 year contract they don't really offer much
ah.. too bad. I missed the $63 deal with 2G data. they only have 1G now. so I am using a $70 with $10 for canada wide calling.
I guess I will have to wait for 2 years til renewal of the contract.
Oct 24, 2012
92 posts
12 upvotes
Kitchener
Man, multiple calls with retentions, less than 5 months left on my contract, and they won't budge on anything. Tell them you need long distance, they offer you every plan except for one with long distance. if it wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg to get out at this point, I would just jump ship. Can't wait to leave Bell.
Jun 14, 2012
3 posts
CALGARY
Hell RFD's

is it true that 6gb data plan can't be added to CIBC corporate plan anymore?

only 500 mb & 1gb ($ 35).

last few agents told me yes before 1 month and now last two agnet giving me hard time.

Help please.