Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
I've got a really good question, what does anyone recommend for internet data only? No minutes, I might not even need a phone number except for texting but I will take a phone number if necessary. Also no contract! So prepaid would be nice.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Sep 27, 2003
9466 posts
2217 upvotes
Newmarket
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Jan 31st, 2015 8:00 am
I've got a really good question, what does anyone recommend for internet data only? No minutes, I might not even need a phone number except for texting but I will take a phone number if necessary. Also no contract! So prepaid would be nice.
For Data Only, there is the Tablet Flex Plan. You can get it postpaid w/o a contract. http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone_ ... _plans.tab
Up to $40 gets you 5GB of data.
RFD Forums Moderator
Jan 10, 2008
163 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
So how can I go about getting one of those Tbay/ Sask accounts with my 647 number to benefit and get the iPhone 6?
Nov 8, 2013
391 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My plan just ended with Rogers...

I had 60 Fibre Optic (320GB usage)
Standard home phone, call waiting, call display
Rogers VIP Cable

I think I had free rentals on all (2 Nextbox 2.0's, rogers modem). It all added up to $155 after tax. What's the best you could do?
Jun 16, 2007
67 posts
6 upvotes
dvan wrote:
Jan 29th, 2015 8:47 pm
My plan ends Oct this year, this is what I have right now:

400 Sharing minutes
Unlimited nights (5 p.m. - 7 a.m.) and weekends (5 p.m. Friday - 7 a.m. Monday)
Unl. nationwide member talking
Unlimited Canada to Canada LD
Can-Can Text - Unlimited
Unlimited Picture and Video Messaging
.50 Canada to US LD
Call Display
Email&Int 400MB Share
Message Centre

Ideally, I'd like to pay less with 1 gb of data...not sure if that's even possible, but what do you guys think my best options are? Unlimited Canada to Canada LD is pretty important for me, although Ontario wide would work too.
I am with bell and signed up today with zoomer wireless under the $36 plan that includes 1 gig. My contract with bell ends in Aug but I felt the opportunity and savings out weighed the cost. Pm me for details
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4967 posts
1079 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
NickX wrote:
Feb 6th, 2015 12:31 pm
So how can I go about getting one of those Tbay/ Sask accounts with my 647 number to benefit and get the iPhone 6?
fly to thunderbay

Freedom Mobile

Nov 20, 2010
251 posts
140 upvotes
Halifax
I went to Costco - got the VM $59 deal ( unlimited calling Canada wide / unlimited texting / 2GB data and call display, voicemail, etc. )... seems to be as good a deal as I can find. Rogers coverage in Nova Scotia is terrible, so it was out. Telus has good coverage but Bell has a lot more towers and thus the best coverage.
Apr 20, 2006
975 posts
48 upvotes
Tutter wrote:
Feb 12th, 2015 6:41 pm
I went to Costco - got the VM $59 deal ( unlimited calling Canada wide / unlimited texting / 2GB data and call display, voicemail, etc. )... seems to be as good a deal as I can find. Rogers coverage in Nova Scotia is terrible, so it was out. Telus has good coverage but Bell has a lot more towers and thus the best coverage.
Don't they roam on each others networks (for Bell and Telus)?
Nov 20, 2010
251 posts
140 upvotes
Halifax
Yep they do... it's been a long day so thanks for catching my brain.. fog :)
Sep 25, 2007
80 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I was paying 50 dollars for a home line with 1200 us minutes. Bell inctincreased it now to 60 so I am thinking of calling Retention to see if they have a bundle plan (internet + home phone with US mins) + cell phone.

Can someone tell me what I should be expecting, what I should be asking?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
4967 posts
1079 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
apkesh wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 7:20 pm
I was paying 50 dollars for a home line with 1200 us minutes. Bell inctincreased it now to 60 so I am thinking of calling Retention to see if they have a bundle plan (internet + home phone with US mins) + cell phone.

Can someone tell me what I should be expecting, what I should be asking?
Do you use it for business purposes?, if not why don't you try magicjack?

Freedom Mobile

Sep 25, 2007
80 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, yes I do use the phone for business and need 100 percent reliability
d1ulove3 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2015 10:28 pm
Do you use it for business purposes?, if not why don't you try magicjack?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3546 posts
1868 upvotes
Any corporate rates offered at bell for smart phones?
any retention deals looking for data as well
Jan 21, 2009
385 posts
50 upvotes
Hi guys,

I was on the line with bell and tried to talk to the retention and they said, they don't offer that service anymore, if there's anything to go in store or on their website. Wtf?
Jan 26, 2012
199 posts
78 upvotes
Ontario
I got a call from loyalty the other day (probably because my contract ends in a few months). I'm on the fab 10/6 GB/vm cw for $61 deal, so we had a laugh when the girl went over her offers and realized she had nothing that compared to it. We even agreed that me buying a new phone outright and going month to month would be my best option over getting an upgrade and paying higher monthly fees with their new plans.