Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Dec 27, 2007
989 posts
396 upvotes
beagleyguy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 10:07 pm
Looking to move myself and my partner from our $49/6GB Fido plans as we need better coverage. Is there anything better than what the Bell website is offering, since this wouldn't be a retention deal?
Nope go to Koodo they actually use bell/Telus towers and have promos right now. Bell won’t give any deals anymore even for 15 year customers. They offered to raise my price as a retention deal for the same plan lol
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Jun 5, 2007
78 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I had a decent plan with Rogers (two cell lines and one tablet line) but I decided to move to Bell for a better overall network experience. With Rogers, I was paying the following:

Line 1: 10 GB non share BYOD $70 plus tax
Line 2: 2 GB non share BYOD $55 plus tax
Tablet line: 1 GB non share mobile light BYOD plan $10 plus tax
TOTAL: $135 plus tax

I went to the T-Booth store and transferred/ported-in the above 3 lines to Bell. Here's what they offered me:

Line 1: 10 GB shareable BYOD: $100 plus tax ($40 for unlimited Canada-wide calling and texting plus $60 for 10GB of data)
Line 2: 4 GB shareable bonus data BYOD additional line for $30 plus tax ($40 minus $10 ongoing discount)
Tablet line: 2 GB shareable bonus for $10 plus tax
TOTAL: $140 plus tax

I went ahead with the Bell offer and I'm very pleased. For $5 more with Bell, I'm getting 16 GB of shareable data across all 3 lines. And the bonus data and the $10 monthly discount on the additional line doesn't expire (as long as I keep the plan).
Excluding the tablet line, this works out to an average of $65 for 7 GB of data for two lines. Not too shabby for a new customer with Bell. Much cheaper than the posted prices on Bell's website.
Jan 20, 2009
20 posts
12 upvotes
Thornhill
torontokris wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 11:23 pm
Nope go to Koodo they actually use bell/Telus towers and have promos right now. Bell won’t give any deals anymore even for 15 year customers. They offered to raise my price as a retention deal for the same plan lol
No Bell deals for Me!! Was told on by two different agents this weekend "if you find a better deal take it". I'm on a 70 dollar 3 gig plan, unlimited Canada calling..
Asked to speak to retention, and was told I'm speaking to them.. When I told them to cancel, was told to get the new provider to send in the port notice.
Jan 3, 2003
345 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver Island
mr_ben wrote:
Aug 18th, 2018 10:03 pm
No Bell deals for Me!! Was told on by two different agents this weekend "if you find a better deal take it". I'm on a 70 dollar 3 gig plan, unlimited Canada calling..
Asked to speak to retention, and was told I'm speaking to them.. When I told them to cancel, was told to get the new provider to send in the port notice.
Bell has caught on, and now all their reps claim to be with "retention". Don't bother with the CSR's, ask to speak with a supervisor, they have access to better plans. I just renewed with Bell, ( I have other lines in my share plan so was kind of stuck). The first CSR did absolutely nothing but after talking with the supervisor, (be advised the whole process was the better part of an hour), I renewed with a new S9, enough device and bill credits to offset the upfront costs, and double the data for the same price i was paying.

And the supervisor was actually helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Dec 10, 2006
223 posts
103 upvotes
To get a better plan you have to push hard. Call repeatedly over several days. Get a call back. Then call retention’s. You’ll get what you want.
Apr 23, 2016
61 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa and Montreal
I just upgraded to this latest retention plan:

BYOD Unlimited Canada 45 Share

$45/month:
•Can-Can Text - Unlimited
•.50 Canada to US LD
•BYOD Share Plan Indicator
•Call Display
•Data Share
•Message Centre
•Primary Share Plan Indicator
•Quebec municipal 911 tax $0.46/m
•Unlimited Canada minutes
•Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
•Call Waiting, Conference Calling

Add-ons and promotional data
•6GB Shareable Data (3GB+3GB) $10/month

Total of $55.46/month +taxes

Last edited by LaSarre on Aug 23rd, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Apr 23, 2016
61 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa and Montreal
asifnana wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 3:58 pm
How did you get it?
I just called in (*611 or 800-667-0123), and I get automatically transferred to the retention desk - as my contract had already ended.

If you don't, ask them for "retention" - they'll transfer you to retention if you have only a couple months left on your contract.

There used to be a direct line to retention, but I misplaced it.
Apr 23, 2016
61 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa and Montreal
Don DiGuapo wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 4:26 pm
Never again bell, never.
I agree that you must keep an eye on those invoices big time! Particularly for those time limited promos that suddenly jack up your bill if you don't pay attention.

I however appreciate Bell Mobility for its superior coverage in the province of Quebec, and particularly in the Abitibi region / parc La Verendrye (northwestern Quebec). They were also the sole provider (via Telebec) in La Sarre for many years.
Jan 20, 2012
439 posts
269 upvotes
LONDON
If you’re in QC, you might want to put that in the title. This plan would probably be very YMMV in other provinces, or twice the price. In Ontario, bell robs people. Not saying Rogers and telus are much better, but they’re one of the worst of the worst.
Last edited by kellmike626 on Aug 23rd, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8094 posts
3163 upvotes
Markham
LaSarre wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 4:46 pm
I agree that you must keep an eye on those invoices big time! Particularly for those time limited promos that suddenly jack up your bill if you don't pay attention.

I however appreciate Bell Mobility for its superior coverage in the province of Quebec, and particularly in the Abitibi region / parc Verendrye (northwestern Quebec). They were also the sole provider (via Telebec) in La Sarre for many years.
Not just the billing issues, but out of principle. This company has shown to be the forefront into mistreating their customer for an extra buck. Just look up Relevant Ads Program.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3480 posts
2850 upvotes
I said goodbye to them permanently about 18 years ago when they happily instituted repressive bandwidth restrictions on their DSL service.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1214 posts
274 upvotes
BC
anyone else able to get this other than OP?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1214 posts
274 upvotes
BC
$55/6GB is not that hot?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac