Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Dec 26, 2012
383 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Offered some pretty poor deals from Bell supervisor at loyalty.

$100 first line + $20 second line for shared 10gb.

iPhone X 256gb for $929 each phone - $250 bill credit over 5 months at $50/month per line bringing phone down to $679.

We are each on the $60 10gb plan and neither one of us come close to using the 10gb so sharing 10gb isn't a problem for the same price we're paying now $60 x 2 = $120 but the price of the 1 year old device is still high for me.
Mar 22, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
cloakster wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 3:30 pm
Just went through Bell support twitter dm and this is what I was offered for a BYOD plan:

'BYOD Promo 40 Share' for $40/month + any of the following shareable data add-on's:
- 5GB for $25
- 6GB for $30
- 8GB for $35
- 14GB for $45
- 16GB for $60
- 18GB for $70

The $40 share plan includes Canada wide calling/texting
Just picked up the 5GB for $65 no contract in Ontario yesterday.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2007
2694 posts
42 upvotes
The following corporate plan is up for renewal and I tried to get better; I don't really the voice or texting that much since I have iMessage, but I like to have at least 5GB of data though I rarely come close to using it all. I'm just looking for something cheaper but with the same quantity of data...I called Customer Service today and they were not willing to negotiate at all, even when I mentioned the possibility of porting my # elsewhere. Is this existing plan a solid one? Am I just being too greedy? I'm tempted to switch to Fizz just to pay less...

$50 corp plan
Bell Wireless National Calling
Corporate Canada LD -$0.05
$0.05/min Can-U.S. LD
5GB Shared Data - Smartphone
Call Display
Message Centre
Messaging Pack Unlimited
Unlimited Local Talking
Jun 15, 2018
277 posts
44 upvotes
passthatversace wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:27 pm
The following corporate plan is up for renewal and I tried to get better; I don't really the voice or texting that much since I have iMessage, but I like to have at least 5GB of data though I rarely come close to using it all. I'm just looking for something cheaper but with the same quantity of data...I called Customer Service today and they were not willing to negotiate at all, even when I mentioned the possibility of porting my # elsewhere. Is this existing plan a solid one? Am I just being too greedy? I'm tempted to switch to Fizz just to pay less...

$50 corp plan
Bell Wireless National Calling
Corporate Canada LD -$0.05
$0.05/min Can-U.S. LD
5GB Shared Data - Smartphone
Call Display
Message Centre
Messaging Pack Unlimited
Unlimited Local Talking
Good luck finding 5gig for less than $50 a month on a consistent basis. Wait for boxing day you might get something a little better.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2007
2694 posts
42 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 10:13 am
Good luck finding 5gig for less than $50 a month on a consistent basis. Wait for boxing day you might get something a little better.
Appreciate it - thanks! I think Fizz is the way to go
Nov 29, 2018
3 posts
Alright, I just played the game with the Devil, err I mean Bell.

My plan was this:
$70
- 1 GB Data
- Unlimited Nation Wide Call & Text (Including multi media msgs)
- Voicemail & Call Display
- Came with a new Samsung S7 Edge.

Keeping my phone and having just under $60 left on the buy out, I was able to work them down to this:

$55
- 5 GB Data
- Voicemail and Call Display

They also offered me 10GB for $60 but I honestly don't even need more than 2 so I chose the 5GB plan.

I'm in Ontario. I called yesterday and asked for a better plan, they offered me 2GB for $65 (what an insult: 8 years of service + several new cell phones), so I cancelled my plan and they called me back today. I missed the call so then they texted me a number to call them back at.
It's a shame though, I should have attempted this sooner with more money left on my device buy out. Oh well, we'll see how long I'll go until I want to bump this down further. Had I refused the two plans they offered me on my second phone, I'm not sure what would have happened then. Has anyone tried this?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1324 posts
734 upvotes
Don’t hold your breath. Bhell is horrible, their retention people are a bunch of jokers.

Customer with Bell Mobilty for 13 years straight until this last Friday, never cancelled once during that long tenure. I called in and spoke to retentions department 4 separate times throughout November, even once on Black Friday hoping for a good BF del. I wanted a new phone and all they could quote me were the plan prices on the website. Told them I would port out to Telus for a better deal, they didn’t care at all. So now I’m with Telus paying $49 per month instead of $75 per month at Bell for the same plan. Bell wanted to charge a loyal customer 53% more than a competitor (Telus) would, and played it off as “don’t leave, you won’t get better service elsewhere”.

Bottom line, Bell has no respect for their loyal customers.
Sep 16, 2015
2 posts
White City
My wife and I have been with Bell for about 4.5 years. Currently have S7 Edge's. Our contract was up about a month ago, Canada wide calling, 10gb shared data. Also we are in SK.

I called customer service on Black Friday and yesterday as well. Both times they offered premium plus plan, same as what we have now, for $60 for 1st line and $55 for 2nd line. 22gb data for $30. Also they will take $100 off the price of each phone. Note 9 is $550 now and $450 after discount. Black Friday I think they were 299. She told me wait until boxing day to get a better price on the phone.

I'm not sure if we will stay with Bell. Gonna see what Boxing day brings. If we switch it will be to Sasktel I think. They offer unlimited everything for $85 a month plus price of the phone or $75 for byod.
Oct 15, 2017
5 posts
Morrow24 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 5:13 pm
Alright, I just played the game with the Devil, err I mean Bell.

My plan was this:
$70
- 1 GB Data
- Voicemail & Call Display
- Came with a new Samsung S7 Edge.

Keeping my phone and having just under $60 left on the buy out, I was able to work them down to this:

$55
- 5 GB Data
- Voicemail and Call Display

They also offered me 10GB for $60 but I honestly don't even need more than 2 so I chose the 5GB plan.

I'm in Ontario. I called yesterday and asked for a better plan, they offered me 2GB for $65 (what an insult: 8 years of service + several new cell phones), so I cancelled my plan and they called me back today. I missed the call so then they texted me a number to call them back at.
It's a shame though, I should have attempted this sooner with more money left on my device buy out. Oh well, we'll see how long I'll go until I want to bump this down further. Had I refused the two plans they offered me on my second phone, I'm not sure what would have happened then. Has anyone tried this?
Earlier this year I was able to get the same thing. But only by cancelling, switching to public mobile. Then the winback came and they offered me the $55/5Gig plan (or the $60/10Gig) - same as you. They also gave me a $200 credit I think for my troubles, and I was also able to get a $5 1Gb tablet line. That may be something you could try for.

But overall it was the same thing - bad Bell customer care, don't offer anything remotely close to the competitors - forces me to cancel, then they win back with a better offer.

I tried to sign up a second line on black Friday but it was a joke, they wouldn't match anything close to the competitors. So my wife and daughter are now on Fido. I'll probably switch once my term is up next year, unless Bell can win me back again...
Apr 13, 2004
125 posts
19 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
Makes me think I'm not going to get anything better than my Tbay 60/6GB rate plan for a new phone...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6082 posts
897 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:50 pm
Makes me think I'm not going to get anything better than my Tbay 60/6GB rate plan for a new phone...
I'm on the $50/6GB Tbay plan and won't be giving it up. You're much better to pay that and automatically put $20 / mnth into a savings account, then after years buy a phone outright.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Nov 29, 2018
3 posts
boomerangkevin wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:14 pm
But only by cancelling, switching to public mobile.
I was going to go with public mobile's $45 plan. How long were you with them, how did the service seem? I'm in Eastern Ontario but have family in Northern Ontario that I visit. According to public mobile's coverage map it's all covered but I was a bit reluctant nonetheless. Anyone else have thoughts here ?
Feb 26, 2014
309 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Morrow24 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:36 pm
I was going to go with public mobile's $45 plan. How long were you with them, how did the service seem? I'm in Eastern Ontario but have family in Northern Ontario that I visit. According to public mobile's coverage map it's all covered but I was a bit reluctant nonetheless. Anyone else have thoughts here ?
Public Mobile is owned by Telus and they share their cellular towers with Bell. So you would get the same signal as Bell or Telus customers. Only thing is that their LTE is capped to 3G speeds, think of it as LTE Lite. I get around 3-5 Mbps on Public Mobile, which isn't that bad. It's definitely not LTE speeds and you can notice a slight difference when loading instagram videos/photos but the savings is definitely worth it especially if you get a few referrals (my next few payments are free). I'm just waiting it out until the next Koodo migration offer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)