Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Mobility - Retentions/Customer Care Deals

Nov 29, 2018
3 posts
Thanks for the reply. I realized they were just running on the 3G network but that doesn't really bother me. I don't do much video watching using data anyway.
Jun 15, 2018
286 posts
46 upvotes
steez03 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 10:49 am
Public Mobile is owned by Telus and they share their cellular towers with Bell. So you would get the same signal as Bell or Telus customers. Only thing is that their LTE is capped to 3G speeds, think of it as LTE Lite. I get around 3-5 Mbps on Public Mobile, which isn't that bad. It's definitely not LTE speeds and you can notice a slight difference when loading instagram videos/photos but the savings is definitely worth it especially if you get a few referrals (my next few payments are free). I'm just waiting it out until the next Koodo migration offer.
You for sure don't get the same signal with bell and Koodo, which are also owned by Telus.
Feb 26, 2014
309 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 4:47 pm
You for sure don't get the same signal with bell and Koodo, which are also owned by Telus.
I haven't fully switched to PM, still waiting on my wife to decide what she's going to do with her phone before I port out of my Bell line to PM. But I have a dual sim phone and currently have a Bell and Telus sim and I get identical service between both when I flip between data. When I was setting up my PM sim, I also got identical service, but only tested at one location.

I have not tested Koodo.
Jun 15, 2018
286 posts
46 upvotes
steez03 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 5:54 pm
I haven't fully switched to PM, still waiting on my wife to decide what she's going to do with her phone before I port out of my Bell line to PM. But I have a dual sim phone and currently have a Bell and Telus sim and I get identical service between both when I flip between data. When I was setting up my PM sim, I also got identical service, but only tested at one location.

I have not tested Koodo.
Like I said a few pages back. Same galaxy s7. Exactly the same spot at work. Koodo gots -103 to -123 (right this second) With bell its -85 to -90.

Since then upgraded to galaxy s9 and back with bell since got a nice deal black Friday.
Dec 8, 2002
940 posts
293 upvotes
Oakville
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 6:49 pm
Like I said a few pages back. Same galaxy s7. Exactly the same spot at work. Koodo gots -103 to -123 (right this second) With bell its -85 to -90.

Since then upgraded to galaxy s9 and back with bell since got a nice deal black Friday.
I haven’t had Bell for at least 15 years. I wasn’t a fan of theirs, however now I need them. Haha.

I’m actually hunting for a Bell deal due to remote areas we seem to travel to where it’s predominately 3G. My wife has Bell and I had both Telus (work phone) and Fido(personal). And let’s just say my wife was able to make calls/receive calls at all times while both my Telus and Fido were connecting/disconnecting constantly (trying to connect to Bell, since it’s the only provider out there. I even selected Bell on both devices and same issues). She had 0 issues.

While it might be somewhat true that Bell and Telus share towers in the city, in the outskirts Bell definitely uses priority for Bell customers and I wouldn’t be shocked if Bell customers in the city also get somewhat of a priority over Telus. I’m not shocked by your results, thanks for sharing.
Dec 16, 2018
1 posts
Just got off the phone with Bell after shopping around today. They offered me $75 a month on a small business line in Alberta with 7 gig's of data. Google pixel 3 for $0 and $250 bill credit. Seemed like a decent deal as I was paying $100 a month for 6 gig's on my current loyalty plan. Telus was $80 for 6gigs and $300 bill credit.
Dec 13, 2015
37 posts
10 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I was a long time rogers corporate customer and recently jumped to fizz to save some money, but had to transfer out because of their current issues and missed some really important calls.

I'm with Bell now and called in to see if I can get a better plan. I was offered the EPP Unltd Voice 6GB for $45:

- unlimited local talking
- messaging pack unlimited
- unlimited canadian & can-US LD
- 6 GB shared data
Dec 8, 2002
940 posts
293 upvotes
Oakville
rotimanlover wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 11:29 am
I'm with Bell now and called in to see if I can get a better plan. I was offered the EPP Unltd Voice 6GB for $45:

- unlimited local talking
- 6 GB shared data
What EPP plan were you on prior to this? I would be all over this, Quebec plans rock!
Dec 13, 2015
37 posts
10 upvotes
Quebec, QC
PrimaryTech wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:22 pm
What EPP plan were you on prior to this? I would be all over this, Quebec plans rock!
I just switched over from fizz, so I was put on the byod $40 plan with 5GB shared data for $25

Yeah i was pretty surprised this plan was available to me, I did not have to even haggle for it
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2581 posts
665 upvotes
Vaughan
Just called Bell and was offered the same BYOD promo as during black Friday. (See below) This is for Ontario.

Has anyone been able to get anything better?

cloakster wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 3:30 pm
Just went through Bell support twitter dm and this is what I was offered for a BYOD plan:

'BYOD Promo 40 Share' for $40/month + any of the following shareable data add-on's:
- 5GB for $25
- 6GB for $30
- 8GB for $35
- 14GB for $45
- 16GB for $60
- 18GB for $70

The $40 share plan includes Canada wide calling/texting
Feb 9, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Just called Bell inquiring about their Boxing Day Deals, this is what they offered:

Pixel 3 XL - $449 upfront (with $250 bill credit)

LOY $65 Smartphone Plan
Unlimited Canada Wide Calling
Can-Can Text - Unlimited
.50 Canada to US LD
5GB of Data
Call Display
Message Centre
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
Call Waiting, Conference Calling

This is coming from a LOY BYOD $60 plan. Is this a good deal?
Jul 2, 2015
3 posts
Dartmouth
Rorensu wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 3:09 pm
Just called Bell inquiring about their Boxing Day Deals, this is what they offered:

Pixel 3 XL - $449 upfront (with $250 bill credit)

LOY $65 Smartphone Plan
Can-Can Text - Unlimited
.50 Canada to US LD
5GB of Data
Call Display
Message Centre
Unlimited Canada minutes
Unltd Picture & Video Messaging
Call Waiting, Conference Calling

This is coming from a LOY BYOD $60 plan. Is this a good deal?
The plan isn't bad, but still a lot to pay for the phone.

I just got off of a call to bell. My offer was.

S9 Free, $100 bill credit to cover early upgrade charge.

5 GB Data
unlimited local talking

For $80 a month.

basically a free phone, 1 more gig data and $10 less a month from my current plan.

Your plan is a cheaper monthly, but you pay more in the end because of the upfront cost.
Feb 9, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
LindsayD156134 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 5:56 pm
The plan isn't bad, but still a lot to pay for the phone.

I just got off of a call to bell. My offer was.

S9 Free, $100 bill credit to cover early upgrade charge.

5 GB Data
unlimited local talking

For $80 a month.

basically a free phone, 1 more gig data and $10 less a month from my current plan.

Your plan is a cheaper monthly, but you pay more in the end because of the upfront cost.
Yah my initial thought was since I'm gna buy a used Pixel 2 XL for around the same price I'd just use it for an upfront cost.

I was kind of the fence on the 5gb less on my current plan. So I called again and they gave me an additional 4gb on the same offer.

So currently 9gb for $65 plan offer with a new phone. I'm thinking of taking it lol.
Jul 2, 2015
3 posts
Dartmouth
Rorensu wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:45 pm
Yah my initial thought was since I'm gna buy a used Pixel 2 XL for around the same price I'd just use it for an upfront cost.

I was kind of the fence on the 5gb less on my current plan. So I called again and they gave me an additional 4gb on the same offer.

So currently 9gb for $65 plan offer with a new phone. I'm thinking of taking it lol.
yeah if you need that much data I'd go for it.

Bell ended up losing me today. After speaking to the rep yesterday, was giving the option to get the phone mailed or I could pick it up. She noted my account and I went to a bell store.

Long and short they told me I wasn't offered what the one rep did. the sticking point was the credit to cover the early upgrade fee. They wouldn't honor it. Rep pretty much called me a liar for saying it was offered and I was calling in a lot looking for deals ( I called in once on Christmas Eve and once yesterday)

So it ended up pissing me off. I went to best buy. Got the phone. Same plan they offered, and a $200 gift card. While at best buy they called to offer me half the original credit offer so essentially $50.

They lost me today, and my two full fibe home accounts. About $4800 a year.
Dec 30, 2018
1 posts
Rorensu wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:45 pm

Just got off the phone with Bell! They are not offering anything close to $65. They said $90 was the best they had for 5gb and a new phone..did you have to haggle with them? I really don't want the hassle of switching but Telus is offering better...