Page 50 of 76

Re: Bell Mobility: Unlimited Mobile Browsing available on Smartphones (Grandfatherd plan)

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 1:17 pm
by Tichi
rdx wrote: Hope they won't do it to postpaid accounts

Check your bell.ca messages for February:

UMB price increases by $10 beginning April 2014.

:mad:

Re: Bell Mobility: Unlimited Mobile Browsing available on Smartphones (Grandfatherd plan)

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 1:25 pm
by Tichi

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 2:38 pm
by rdx
Tichi wrote: Check your bell.ca messages for February:

UMB price increases by $10 beginning April 2014.

:mad:
I seems like it does not impact those grand fathered corporate plans which include UMB. But I think even for $10, it is still a super deal for unlimited data on Big 3 network.

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 5:28 pm
by donx
rdx wrote: I seems like it does not impact those grand fathered corporate plans which include UMB. But I think even for $10, it is still a super deal for unlimited data on Big 3 network.
It is not $10, it is "increases by $10", I guess it will now be $20 for UMB?

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 5:30 pm
by apvm
anabioz wrote: Yep. PC Mobile as well... Honeymoon is over gentlemen... They did the same thing Telus did to Public Mobile and T-Mobile did in USA? Brutal.
1GB per month for 25 cents a day (PC mobile) is still a good deal for prepaid. Unless there is something better (prepaid) I missed.

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 5:58 pm
by Beradon
rdx wrote: I seems like it does not impact those grand fathered corporate plans which include UMB. But I think even for $10, it is still a super deal for unlimited data on Big 3 network.
I didn't get any text msg warning about this price increase so I guess you're right about those grandfathered corp plans. However I don't agree with the $10 increase. The Cdn gov't allowed Mobilicity and Public Mobile to be swallowed up and we're now regressing to the dark old days. We need prices to go down, not up.

If they did increase my UMB by another $10 then I'll at least be willing to look at other options available like Wind.

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 6:40 pm
by Tichi
donx wrote: It is not $10, it is "increases by $10", I guess it will now be $20 for UMB?
More like $30.
This is already second increase "by $10" since the original pricing,
so my Fun15 bundle with UMB now costs $35 per month.

It is not that competitive anymore :(

Posted: Mar 23rd, 2014 8:18 pm
by rdx
However, Big 3 know Wind network is not really compatible to theirs .......
Beradon wrote: I didn't get any text msg warning about this price increase so I guess you're right about those grandfathered corp plans. However I don't agree with the $10 increase. The Cdn gov't allowed Mobilicity and Public Mobile to be swallowed up and we're now regressing to the dark old days. We need prices to go down, not up.

If they did increase my UMB by another $10 then I'll at least be willing to look at other options available like Wind.

Posted: Mar 24th, 2014 1:40 am
by Beradon
rdx wrote: However, Big 3 know Wind network is not really compatible to theirs .......
That's ok I can handle the city coverage. The important thing is if I do switch over, I'll also be cancelling several other bell services(fibe tv, internet, etc..). I suggest other people do the same and let them know why.

Posted: Mar 24th, 2014 11:32 am
by rdx
I guess if they touch those corp plans, ten of thousands of accounts will be impact, too high risk. Hope they won't do that soon and people can hang on to it until the last day........

Believe or not, I know a friend of mine actually gave up the UMB plan for a Mobility all inclusive plan. We tried both Wind and Mobility phones, they can't get any data inside the downtown building

Posted: Mar 24th, 2014 11:54 am
by Tichi
rdx wrote: I guess if they touch those corp plans, ten of thousands of accounts will be impact, too high risk. Hope they won't do that soon and people can hang on to it until the last day........

So, it seems the crackdown is only for the "consumer plans" so far?

Are there any other ppl here with the UMB on the consumer plans?

Any sort of collective action possible?

Is there any difference in the status of UMB in the corp. versus consumer plans?

I've heard that for the corp. plans the UMB is typically "included" in the plan,
while for the consumer plans, UMB is a "feature" that
can be changed "independently"?
Not sure how true this statement is...

Posted: Mar 24th, 2014 1:24 pm
by rdx
Yes, if it is in the corp plan, it is included as a part of plan, which is good. It doesn't matter if there is a price increase. It is included.

Also, corp plans are the exception for 3 years renewal.

I doubt you can find and sign up any consumer/corp plan with UMB now. It is only grandfathered. Eventually, they might even cancel all old corp plan. That's why I said, for those who are using one, hang on to it till the last day. Not a single new 2 years plan is anything close to those legency plans with UMB.
Tichi wrote: So, it seems the crackdown is only for the "consumer plans" so far?

Are there any other ppl here with the UMB on the consumer plans?

Any sort of collective action possible?

Is there any difference in the status of UMB in the corp. versus consumer plans?

I've heard that for the corp. plans the UMB is typically "included" in the plan,
while for the consumer plans, UMB is a "feature" that
can be changed "independently"?
Not sure how true this statement is...

Posted: Mar 31st, 2014 7:41 pm
by SoroSuub1
My UMB is part of the series of features going up by $10. Unlimited data for $49 all-in isn't as nice as $39.

Is there any chance of cancelling contract here for 'Material Adverse Change'? On the flipside, I guess I could also just sell the plan since $49 is still good.... just doesn't match my dumbphone.

Or maybe I could sell it, since I'm sure people would love to buy a $49 unlimited data plan (also w/ 400 local, 100 LD, unlim text, eve/weekends, callerid).

EDIT: It's been 30 days since the change was posted to my account so Material Adverse Change doesn't apply. It's not an embedded feature in my plan.

Posted: Apr 13th, 2014 12:16 pm
by techfox
Sad day.. I just checked my text messages in my internet key. I have the $10 prepaid plan.

[QUOTE]41168
Sent: Fri 03/21/2014 02:00 PM
Free Bell Msg: The unlimited mobile browser feature will be discontinued on May 21, 2014 & replaced with 1GB of data. bell.ca/prepaiddata[/QUOTE]

Posted: Apr 17th, 2014 10:51 am
by greg206
I you are interested in selling plan I might be interested. Would it work on my galaxy s4

Posted: May 16th, 2014 10:59 pm
by akzes
techfox wrote: Sad day.. I just checked my text messages in my internet key. I have the $10 prepaid plan.
man, I'm going insane! What are we going to do? is there a replacement of some sort? I need unlimited data! can't we fight back via the crtc? are they allowed to do this?
greg206 wrote: I you are interested in selling plan I might be interested. Would it work on my galaxy s4
For how much curiously? lol

Posted: May 22nd, 2014 8:38 pm
by akzes
Just want to know how many people had there plans replaced with the 1GB...

Posted: May 22nd, 2014 10:20 pm
by alanbrenton
All three of our prepaid $10/month plans did -- just confirmed by logging into bell.ca .

Anyone know when Bell starts counting the 1 GB? Will it be the 21st of the month for everyone? I might initiate a chat with a rep tomorrow morning to find out.

Posted: May 22nd, 2014 11:08 pm
by akzes
alanbrenton wrote: All three of our prepaid $10/month plans did -- just confirmed by logging into bell.ca .

Anyone know when Bell starts counting the 1 GB? Will it be the 21st of the month for everyone? I might initiate a chat with a rep tomorrow morning to find out.
It doesn't show that its officially a '1GB plan' yet on bell.ca... what tab is it under on bell.ca?

I did go over 1GB and got a message saying that I used 90% of the data. so I'll see if my balance or whatever gets effected

Posted: May 22nd, 2014 11:29 pm
by alanbrenton
akzes wrote: It doesn't show that its officially a '1GB plan' yet on bell.ca... what tab is it under on bell.ca?

I did go over 1GB and got a message saying that I used 90% of the data. so I'll see if my balance or whatever gets effected
I'm on prepaid so you might not see what I see.

I log in.
Click VIEW DETAILS.
and under Individual features, I know see:
Prepaid 1 GB Mobile Browser