Bell is not honoring what they said

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 9:45 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2016
4 posts

Bell is not honoring what they said

Hi everyone,

Really appreciate some insight and guidance from everyone here. I've entered into a contract under a small business account to have Bell Canada provide TV and Internet services. The contract states that I will be getting Business Fibe Internet 25 (monthly fee after discount $46) and Business Fibe TV with the 'good' package (monthly fee after discount of $28.95). Here's where it goes south, I went and called Bell to add the international TV package to my services, what he told me was that there would NOT be any additional charges for this package. I ended agreeing to it as I was under the assumption that he would take away/downgrade me from the 'good' package to the 'basic' package and put me onto this international package. 2 months later I see an additional $15 dollar on my bill and they tell me it is what it is and they can't do anything to help me. Currently, I'm paying an additional $15 dollars and I got downgraded to the basic package and stuck with this contract for 3 years, this was NOT what I agree'd to on the phone. I was unable to file a complaint with CCTS as i'm under a small business account. Is there anything i can do at this point?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
3210 posts
808 upvotes
markham
tell them you want to cancel and just don't pay...
Aug 12, 2014
137 posts
38 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Escalate to manager and request that they listen to the recording of the phone call.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1290 posts
93 upvotes
bell is full of crap

they pulled the same bait and switch stuff on me too and acted like they didnt have any proof of our agreement i talked about over the phone
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1523 posts
234 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
escalate to a supervisor, problem solved
Hi
Aug 25, 2018
23 posts
27 upvotes
Spend the time to improve your small business rather than worry about a $15 charge?
Dec 15, 2015
424 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
AlexCorniveau wrote:
Sep 9th, 2018 5:55 pm
Spend the time to improve your small business rather than worry about a $15 charge?
OP is trying to improve there business by offering more TV channels to there clients. The problem is they are paying more for less now. Why even chime in if you have nothing productive to say?

OP contact a supervisor, and all the conversations are recorded, just ask them to listen to it back.
Nov 6, 2015
633 posts
240 upvotes
Guelph, ON
TheMaterial wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 12:15 pm
OP is trying to improve there business by offering more TV channels to there clients. The problem is they are paying more for less now. Why even chime in if you have nothing productive to say?
No, it's actually good advice. If this actually makes some impact on getting more clients, then the $15 is well worth the investment. Otherwise, it's not worth fretting over, or he could just cancel. Either way, move on to the next improvement that will gain way more income than this $15 expense.
Dec 15, 2015
424 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
JoeBlack23 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 12:04 am
No, it's actually good advice. If this actually makes some impact on getting more clients, then the $15 is well worth the investment. Otherwise, it's not worth fretting over, or he could just cancel. Either way, move on to the next improvement that will gain way more income than this $15 expense.
It's not $15. It's $540, as the new contract is 3 years. OP also can't cancel as they locked them into a 3 year contract. So now OP is stuck paying for more while getting less service. Uh ya, I wouldn't let that slide so easily either. Bell messed up, why roll over? OP said they agreed to it on the phone, ask them to pull up the recording how is that fretting over anything? Yes your business should be able to float the money but it's principle and making phone calls is really not that hard, especially with wireless ear buds.

Also you suggested cancelling, have you done that after being locked into a contract? There will be charges. Once OP cancels they will now have 0 TV service and be a new customer in the eyes of the provider ( hello start up costs) and the time in finding a new provider, having them come out, ext ext ext.

Regardless they will need to listen back to the recording so why not just what they originally promised? There's a reason those are used now, and it's very easy for them to recall a conversation that's saved in the system.

It's great your willing to rollover and let Bell/Rogers ext take an extra $540 out of your pocket and give you less, but I wouldn't let that slide so easily either.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3746 posts
493 upvotes
Oakville
Contact their twitter account and ccts, they messed around with me last December, and after contacting both the Bell twitter account and ccts they honoured what was promised and a manager called me...
11 Bell Lines w/ 180GB shared, Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes (2 with Unlimited N.A Calling & Roaming) $720 / month ($65.45 each, 16.36gb each shared)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)