Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Gigabit internet (940Mb/sec) for $10 extra on a bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2016 6:44 pm
Tags:
May 11, 2006
395 posts
320 upvotes
I'm making the move away from bell.. they'll only guarantee discounts.
4 years ago I started with Fibe50 FTTH for $48.99/month ($80 or so without any other discounts) .
Today I'm paying ~$69/month ($102 without any discounts).. and they keep playing around with the cap. It was originally 150GB, then 300GB, then 400GB, now i'm seeing its 250GB.

Since I have ftth, I have to move to cable... and I'm not looking back at all. Have to purchase a modem and a wifi router but that's peanuts compared to what I've been having to deal with.
I asked the loyalty guy from the Philippines many times if he was sure that my price was the best he could give me.. and I added in that 'don't be surprised if you see I don't have internet with you anymore in a a couple weeks'.. which didn't faze him.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
Sorry, not enough time to read the 11pages. But If I already am on a bundle with Fibe 50 and unlimited usage, will I get Gigabit with unlimited usage by adding $10 as well? Thnx!
Feb 3, 2015
490 posts
396 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I am confused. Some construction company worked in my area a month ago for 2 straight weeks on behalf of Bell installing FIber. I even asked the worker if Fiber was being installed? He said yes and gigabit speed would be up and running in a week if I ordered it.

2 weeks ago I call Bell agent and retention manager to get Gigabit speed twice to confirm it. They say my area has a max speed of Fibe 50.
Which was not good enough for me. So I moved to Rogers gigabit deal that was rampant during post Black Friday week.

I wanted to stick with Bell because internet is fiber wired. I also like their PVR, terminal boxes and remote way better than Rogers. Also, their technicians are more competent than Rogers.

I am happy with Rogers as they gave me a massive discount on top of massive discount after constant back and forth calls (seems like they are really desperate to win some customers right now).
But I would have been happier with Bell service (apart from their whole other billing issue which is a topic for another day).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)