Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] BELL: Palm Pre $0 (3yr) @ $35/mth *OR* Unlimited Mobile Browser for $15!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2012 5:15 pm
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] BELL: Palm Pre $0 (3yr) @ $35/mth *OR* Unlimited Mobile Browser for $15!

This deal is definitely valid in Ontario. Not sure about other provinces.

Bell has replaced the $10/mth discount off the $50+ data plans with a $15/mth discount, including the new Fab 10 Student plan:

100 minutes + 100 bonus = 200 minutes
Evenings and weekends (6pm-7am)
500MB of data
10 numbers, any network, nation-wide, unlimited calling and text messaging

$35/mth

No SAF or 911 fee. $35 activation/HUG fee likely applies. 36 month terms, as usual. A pretty solid plan, if I do say so myself. The Bell bundle probably also applies, bringing it down to ~$30 + tax.

[EDIT]
BREAKING NEWS:
Now available,
UNLIMITED MOBILE BROWSER FOR PALM PRE @ $15/mth.

No tethering option available on the unlimited offer. Isn't compatible with the above $35 deal, but can get a similar plan for $45.

150 minutes
Nights and Weekends from 6pm-7am
Unlimited LOCAL talk and text to 10 numbers
Unlimited Mobile Browser
@$45

[/EDIT]
-----
Bell sucks, Check your bills, It's not an iPhone. It's not a Blackberry. No SIM, no GSM, no global coverage. Yadda yadda. I beat you all to it, so save the smack talk for another thread. Any messages repeating the above sentiments will be considered FAIL. This is a great deal for Bell customers, or people who don't mind switching to a CDMA network and have no use for global access and/or SIM cards.
646 replies
May 20, 2006
205 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I really wish Palm had a bigger following, the videos of WebOS are so impressive it makes me sad it's not that popular. I'm not helping owning an Android device though :S
Dec 15, 2005
471 posts
34 upvotes
Is the Bell Palm Pre capable of creating a WiFi hotspot? Too bad this isn't the Palm Pre Plus.
Nov 11, 2007
441 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto
I just got a Pre and I love it. Very few complaints.
Oct 15, 2008
578 posts
135 upvotes
London
do you have to get a palm pre for that plan. And you have to be a student to get that?
Jun 29, 2006
115 posts
10 upvotes
this sounds like a pretty awesome plan. will it be a standard plan that they'll be offering? Or is there a time expiration
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
You have to have a Palm Pre to get it for $35. Otherwise it's $50. In theory, you do have to be a student, but if you're a new activation, virtually any Bell sales rep will overlook that. If you're an existing customer, you may have to go through retentions. Shouldn't be difficult to get since it's actively being offered to new customers.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
akn112 wrote:
May 28th, 2010 11:23 pm
Or is there a time expiration
Tentatively until June 30th.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
There are also non-Student plans no one should have trouble getting in which evenings start from 9pm, and does't come with Fab 10. You do, however, have a choice between Fab 5, or after 5pm free, or an extra 100 daytime minutes, or unlimited text messaging. So the plan is pretty flexible for your usage. I just think the Fab 10 is the hottest deal.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2008
353 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote:
May 28th, 2010 11:32 pm
I wonder if you can sign up for this deal, then 2 months later ditch the Pre and get an HSDPA SIM device? That plan would be amazing with 500 MB data.
Bell probably wouldn't let that happen, but if you get it to work, let us know. That would turn a hot deal into an inferno!
Aug 24, 2006
746 posts
169 upvotes
Woodbridge
The Palm Pre has serious build quality issues (this is the original not the fixed up Plus model) and neither Bell nor Palm properly support the device (because of the tons of serious issues). Many users are on their 3rd or higher phone.

Avoid at all costs!!!

If you have any further questions about specifics I'd be happy to answer any questions but again, I highly recommend everyone avoids this device at all costs.

If you like Web OS (it's a great OS) wait for some HP branded products that will come with HP support.
Aug 21, 2009
988 posts
176 upvotes
themanfromvlad wrote:
May 28th, 2010 10:49 pm
Is the Bell Palm Pre capable of creating a WiFi hotspot? Too bad this isn't the Palm Pre Plus.
Yes you can, I use it. PM me if you need help with it.