Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[BELL, TELUS, ROGERS] Qc. Only: BYOD 10GB Share Plan - $65/month province wide - $70/month nationwide

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2017 11:05 am
Nov 25, 2011
53 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal

[BELL, TELUS, ROGERS] Qc. Only: BYOD 10GB Share Plan - $65/month province wide - $70/month nationwide

Deal Link:
Qc. Only 10GB Share Plan province wide calling for $65 NO TAB bring your own phone, or Canada wide calling for $5/months more at $70.
Images
  • Bell 10GB.png
Last edited by rjk8686 on Feb 23rd, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
Never understand how these share plans works. How much to add an extra line?
Apr 30, 2016
521 posts
310 upvotes
GTA
Please someone explain how do these share plan offers work. For 70/month does that mean two phone numbers or one phone number? If it's one phone number, how much is it for a second line?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
droccerp94 wrote: Please someone explain how do these share plan offers work. For 70/month does that mean two phone numbers or one phone number? If it's one phone number, how much is it for a second line?
First line gets a number and pays $70.
Second line gets a different number and pays $40 on-top of the first line.
Both lines share 10GB of data or better known as 5GB per line.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
Why does it cost more to call outside of province is there a mythical barrier along the provincial lines? Reminds me of the bad old days in university when if i called after 6 it was cheaper... oh wait, they still do that for cell phone plans too....
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
why is $55+tax a month for 5gb a deal? The shareability?
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
CheapoFillipo wrote: Why does it cost more to call outside of province is there a mythical barrier along the provincial lines? Reminds me of the bad old days in university when if i called after 6 it was cheaper... oh wait, they still do that for cell phone plans too....
It's just long distance calling fees (which do still exist - if I want to call Ottawa from my place in Oakville from my landline it'll cost me 40 cents/minute, for example). They're offering free long distance within your province, and if you want unlimited Canada-wide long distance they're giving it to you for $5 a month. People have gotten so used to "unlimited Canada-wide calling" ripoff plans from the big 3 that they've forgotten what long distance charges are. :P
I RFD wrote: why is $55+tax a month for 5gb a deal? The shareability?
When you start sharing, this deal becomes much less of a deal. But for a single line, 10GB for $65 a month seems pretty good, even for Quebec.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
wearysky wrote: It's just long distance calling fees (which do still exist - if I want to call Ottawa from my place in Oakville from my landline it'll cost me 40 cents/minute, for example). :P
sure they exist, doesn't mean they are justified .. if i'm in Hull it's long distance to call Ottawa (20-30 m) but If i'm in Fort Rupert I can call Saint-Augustin for free (1,525km)?

nvm... didn't mean to go off topic
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
CheapoFillipo wrote: sure they exist, doesn't mean they are justified .. if i'm in Hull it's long distance to call Ottawa (20-30 m) but If i'm in Fort Rupert I can call Saint-Augustin for free (1,525km)?

nvm... didn't mean to go off topic
Actually, most companies offering "province-wide" calling plans make an exception for the Ottawa-Hull region (one notable exception is Public Mobile, if I'm not mistaken).

But yes, it is indeed bullshit in this day and age. As are many of the other fees that companies charge extra for, that cost them $0.
Oct 22, 2008
400 posts
363 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
It's 63,95 with videotron in Qc for the same data right now. No dealing with bhell (videotron c.s. is great) and no surprise price increa$e.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
droccerp94 wrote: ...does that mean two phone numbers or one phone number?....
Someone get this person a 1 week off voucher!!!
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How do share plans work?
If I have a family member who lives in Quebec, and they're willing to get a phone account under their names with a Quebec # and add me and others (with 2 Ontario #s) can it work?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
mobifree wrote: How do share plans work?
If I have a family member who lives in Quebec, and they're willing to get a phone account under their names with a Quebec # and add me and others (with 2 Ontario #s) can it work?
I just spoke to an online chat rep, and take it with a grain of salt (you're never guaranteed that they know what they're talking about) but they said that you can have numbers from different provinces on the same account:

Oct 2, 2010
172 posts
226 upvotes
Ontario
mobifree wrote: How do share plans work?
You are correct, as long as the main line is a QC number, the data pricing will be for Quebec. However, the ON numbers will have ON base pricing (ranging anywhere from $40-$75 depending on phone tier and minutes).
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2187 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using a Bell SK plan (10GB with unlimited Canada wide minutes; with an SK number) for $65...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rjk8686 wrote: Telus also matched the offer.
Just waiting on Rogers now so I can switch my $62/7GB plan for this deal and stack the 30% corporate discount... should happen any day now with Bell, Telus, Vidéotron all jumping to offer cheap prices.
Nov 25, 2011
53 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
That's what I hope too.
Yesterday I tried to match with rogers but they said it wasn't possible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)