None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2310 posts
146 upvotes
GTA

[Bell] Bell - Retention Deals

Noticed we don't have a Bell retention plan thread, so I figured I would make one.

My contract ends next month and so I decided to give them a call while I was at work. I dialed *611 on my cell phone and then said 'cancel phone' to the auto. service and then it took me to retentions.

I first said to the lady that I would like to know how much credit I have on my phone (I've got $250 and my friend who is ex-bell employee says you can push them to add another $50 credit), and then I followed up on saying how much I wanted the iPhone and that I might go with Rogers to get it. Right away she told me about the Samsung Instinct and took a look at my contract and see what she could do for me.

Current Plan:
$54 Before Tax (this includes the SAF + 911)

200 Minutes
1000 Incoming
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Mobile Browsing
Caller ID/Voicemail

What I was offered:

1. $30 Before Tax (this includes the SAF + 911)

200 Minutes
Unlimited Local From 6PM - 8AM
Call Display/Voicemail
20 Unlimited Calls To 1 Number
300 Texts Messages

2. $50 Before Tax (this includes the SAF + 911)

250 Minutes
Unlimited Local From 6PM -8AM
Call Display/Voicemail
Fun 20 Package (Unlimited Texts, Picture Msging, Mobile Browsing, Media Pack)
Waived $35 Activation Fee

I told her that I will think about it (hopefully she'll add something better) and she said 'Can I give you a call at a later time?' and now so she is going to call me on Monday at 7PM and she left a memo in the system.
116 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6899 posts
259 upvotes
there has been small ones, that die out
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/U]
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 9:06 pm
Noticed we don't have a Bell retention plan thread, so I figured I would make one.

My contract ends next month and so I decided to give them a call while I was at work. I dialed *611 on my cell phone and then said 'cancel phone' to the auto. service and then it took me to retentions.

I first said to the lady that I would like to know how much credit I have on my phone (I've got $250 and my friend who is ex-bell employee says you can push them to add another $50 credit), and then I followed up on saying how much I wanted the iPhone and that I might go with Rogers to get it. Right away she told me about the Samsung Instinct and took a look at my contract and see what she could do for me.

Current Plan:

200 Minutes
1000 Incoming
Unlimited Texts
Caller ID/Voicemail

What I was offered:

200 Minutes
Call Display/Voicemail

250 Minutes
Call Display/Voicemail

I told her that I will think about it (hopefully she'll add something better) and she said 'Can I give you a call at a later time?' and now so she is going to call me on Monday at 7PM and she left a memo in the system.

Plan doesn't seem that good to me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2310 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
cuongp wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 9:17 pm
Plan doesn't seem that good to me.
Compared to what I am getting...it seems pretty good.
Jul 30, 2007
877 posts
202 upvotes
BC
20 unlt'd calls to 1 number? Never have I heard of such a feature.. very interesting, but doesn't seem all that practical, especially if you accidentally use up the calls through tiny ones.

The $30 isn't bad, but I think you could definitely do better. For reference, my Telus plan is $28 (after all fees and tax) for your plan #1+unlt'd text. If you can't much more, then I'd at least try negotiating to swap out that 20 unlt'd calls for some texting/data, because it really does seem like a useless feature seeing as you probably wouldn't make long calls during the day anyway (and nights will be covered by your E&W).

How long have you been with Bell? I wonder if Bell's little switch affects their customers much.. damn I miss those gophers.. :(
Jan 30, 2007
660 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I got a call and told her I'll wait and I don't even want to talk about it right now. I am hoping some new phones/deals will come out in the next 3 months.

I am debating leaving Bell to move to Rogers. I'd like to go GSM.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
5679 posts
6984 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 9:06 pm

Current Plan:

200 Minutes
1000 Incoming
Unlimited Texts
Caller ID/Voicemail

What I was offered:

200 Minutes
Call Display/Voicemail

250 Minutes
Call Display/Voicemail

I think they can do better than that. I am on the $30 all inclusive plan as described in #1. But I have the following features included for free:
- unlimited browser on HTC Touch
- 30 text messages
- 50 long distance minutes

All I pay is $30 + tax per month. Bell released new HTC Touch ROM with the GPS enabled. I am happy with what I have. I installed Garmin Mobile XT with the turn by turn voice prompt. It works like a standalone GPS unit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2310 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
schmoey wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 9:59 pm
How long have you been with Bell? I wonder if Bell's little switch affects their customers much.. damn I miss those gophers.. :(
I've been with bell for 2 years and 11 months.
I'm thinking the switch might of affect what they offer, but I don't think the whole changes has gone into effect yet.

Hopefully I can tell them to replace the 20 unlimited for 1,000 texts or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
3540 posts
115 upvotes
I have a corporate plan and it seems pretty decent from what I've read...
200 daytime minutes
100 Canadian LD minutes
Unlimited Text Messaging
Free Evening calling from 6pm
Voicemail, Call Display

Comes to $45 all-in. Text messaging adds another $10 to the plan which is 25% extra, so I'll see if I haggle with Bell on that :lol:
Jun 2, 2007
34 posts
I was in Germany for a few months and gave my cell to my dad while I was away. When I came back he decided he wanted to keep the phone, so I gave Bell a call to see what they could offer me.

I had a corporate plan (not exactly sure what the details of it were) and asked if I could add another phone and # to the contract. I mentioned that price is really important to me right now as i'm returning to school and need to save whatever I can.

After 3 different representatives, I came away with this.

Free LG Shine
200 Anytime minutes
Unlimited evenings after 6pm
Unlimited text messaging
Caller ID
10 cent long distance

I got all that for $25 (including SAF). It suits my needs so i'm pretty happy with it.

They really didn't want to give me 10 cent long distance, but after being very polite in saying that I would go to Rogers to get 10c LD they gave it to me. I considered asking for free voicemail as well, but I didn't want to push my luck too far.

I think as long as you're friendly, polite and state exactly what you want, you have a lot better chance at getting a good deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
2668 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 10:39 pm
Bell released new HTC Touch ROM with the GPS enabled. I am happy with what I have. I installed Garmin Mobile XT with the turn by turn voice prompt. It works like a standalone GPS unit.
I heard they charge usage of GPS seperate from data, are you getting charged extra for using the GPS feature
jspectechnology
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
5679 posts
6984 upvotes
flame02 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2008 9:06 pm
I heard they charge usage of GPS seperate from data, are you getting charged extra for using the GPS feature
No. The new Bell ROM comes with a GPS software. If you use the Bell GPS software, you will be charged by the day. They is no charge to use third party GPS program like GoogleMap, Garmin, TomTom etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6090 posts
371 upvotes
Waterloo
wow i gotta say wow i have a plan with bell right now which includes Bell really ripped you off.

i can add htc touch for 7.00 more and im still getting a great deal

This is a standard plan nothing of that corporate crap i got it threw a friend that knows people heh

250 Minutes
Unlimited text messaging
100 LD Minutes
Free CALLER ID
Free voice mail
free call forwarding
free call conference

And something else

no SAF and my total amount i pay per month $26.00
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
3540 posts
115 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Aug 18th, 2008 1:51 am
wow i gotta say wow i have a plan with bell right now which includes Bell really ripped you off.

i can add htc touch for 7.00 more and im still getting a great deal

This is a standard plan nothing of that corporate crap i got it threw a friend that knows people heh

250 Minutes
Unlimited text messaging
100 LD Minutes
Free CALLER ID
Free voice mail
free call forwarding
free call conference

And something else

no SAF and my total amount i pay per month $26.00
I'm somewhat skeptical that you have the same plan as me for $15 less. Proof would be much appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6090 posts
371 upvotes
Waterloo
game_fanatic wrote:
Aug 18th, 2008 4:01 am
I'm somewhat skeptical that you have the same plan as me for $15 less. Proof would be much appreciated.

im not trying to prove nothing here anyways i just saying the reason why i got this deal i no somebody thats a manager in bell thats only reason why i get those deals
× < >