Bell/Rogers pitching Canadian ISP mandatory site-blocking scheme to CRTC

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 9:00 pm
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
This is just another form of anti-net neutrality
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
Not all streaming content is illegal in Canada. Just like not all "pirated material" is illegal in Canada.
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:33 am
I read the whole thing. What part of "Piracy in all forms is wrong, PERIOD!" do you not understand? I don't care if you bought something as a result of downloading that same something illegally. PIRACY IN ALL FORMS IS WRONG.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8414 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:33 am
I read the whole thing. What part of "Piracy in all forms is wrong, PERIOD!" do you not understand? I don't care if you bought something as a result of downloading that same something illegally. PIRACY IN ALL FORMS IS WRONG.
How is it still wrong if you purchase it.

Were you raised watching only anti-piracy tv commercials or something because that’s what I’m reading here is a auto-replay commercial.

Regardless. Why I think this whole thing is ridiculous is that they’re going to find a way for this to cost millions of dollars (which it wouldn’t) and then pass it down to us in the form of a raise in cost.

But hey everyone PIRACY IS WRONG now so let’s get ripped off by $90 2-3 hour games, broken and unfinished games, crap movies and pay even more for our services while getting even less in return.

They can’t stop piracy at all. If anything try and stop the crap android boxes with it’s crap low quality content.
Last edited by XtremeModder on Jan 31st, 2018 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
Yes it does. Stop spilling your BS.

Which company do you work for?

StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 8:13 am
Paying for Internet doesn't give you the right to access illegal sites. If you're streaming something free that is supposed to be paid for, it's not legal, and that includes all these bullshit IPTV sites that you do pay for. It's common sense.
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:39 am
Yes it does. Stop spilling your BS.

Which company do you work for?
What company do I work for? I work for Kal Tire. What does that have to do with this thread? There are terms of service you specifically agreed to when signing up for Internet, so, no, despite what you WISH to be the case, paying for Internet does not give you the right to access illegal sites.
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:36 am
Not all streaming content is illegal in Canada. Just like not all "pirated material" is illegal in Canada.
False. If you are streaming something free that you would normally have to pay for, it is illegal in Canada. Also, and this should go without saying, but these pirated IPTV services that you are paying for are also illegal here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8414 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:42 am
"We're" you raised? I can certainly tell you weren't raised around education. I assume your first sentence is a question despite your lack of question mark usage. Let me make this simple, Skippy. You downloaded something without paying for it. It doesn't matter that you later paid for the same thing. You downloaded it initially without paying for it. Not only is that piracy, that's stealing. Would you go into a store and steal a DVD? Well, you probably would, but most people wouldn't. Why, then, do you find it okay to download illegally?
Ah now your gonna attack me now over an auto correct fail. Why are you even on these forums? There’s the question mark for you this time in case you can’t comprehend a basic grammar mistake.

I wasn’t raised around education? You work at Kal-Tire with nothing more than a job installing tires probably. Am I well educated no but I sure as hell make a decent amount of money to buy whatever I want and live a good life. I choose not to because I don’t like being ripped off. Have fun at the new minimum wage ;)

Adding you to my ignore list because you clearly cant have a civil debate with anyone on here unless you start throwing insults around.

You may want to read up on the forum rules.
Last edited by XtremeModder on Jan 31st, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:49 am
Ah now your gonna attack me now over an auto correct fail. Why are you even on these forums? There’s the question mark for you this time in case you can’t comprehend a basic grammar mistake.

Adding you to my ignore list because you clearly cant have a civil debate with anyone on here unless you start throwing insults around.

You may want to read up on the forum rules.
I certainly cant (sic). Are "How is it still wrong if you purchase it" and "what I’m reading here is a auto-replay commercial" auto-correct mistakes, too? "A" auto-replay commercial?! Really? Don't go down that road with me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8414 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:53 am
I certainly cant (sic). Are "How is it still wrong if you purchase it" and "what I’m reading here is a auto-replay commercial" auto-correct mistakes, too? "A" auto-replay commercial?! Really? Don't go down that road with me.
Well I did. Deal with it.

Not sure why I’m wasting my time even replying.

Piracy won’t go away, live with that on your shoulders and move on with your life.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
Can you show me these terms?

LOL
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:44 am
What company do I work for? I work for Kal Tire. What does that have to do with this thread? There are terms of service you specifically agreed to when signing up for Internet, so, no, despite what you WISH to be the case, paying for Internet does not give you the right to access illegal sites.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8414 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:01 pm

LOL
It's actually a lot better having that person on my ignore list now.

Although I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the T&C of the services to be honest... it must be.

At the end of the day, getting back on topic. If this actually happens and the ISPs get the power to block websites, it will not be good. This will then give them more weight to do other things that go against the consumer.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
Even if there is, it would just be a legal thing to get lawyers off their (ISP's) back. It's like the EULA for a peice of software.

There is no such law in Canada.

Thats why companies do their phishing tactic to get you click on the email to verified you have downloaded something.
XtremeModder wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:03 pm
Although I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the T&C of the services to be honest... it must be.
Banned
Jan 6, 2018
37 posts
4 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:01 pm

LOL
Go to the website of your ISP. Call them. It's not difficult. What, you take issue with me working at Kal Tire with your little "LOL"? At least I work for a living instead of having almost 10,000 posts like you do. Clearly, you spend the majority of your time here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8414 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:07 pm
Even if there is, it would just be a legal thing to get lawyers off their (ISP's) back. It's like the EULA for a peice of software.

There is no such law in Canada.

Thats why companies do their phishing tactic to get you click on the email to verified you have downloaded something.
Which is something many of us know not to ever even open (as they'll see that it's been opened with a read receipt).

Again, I'll admit that I pirate, but at the end of the day it's because I got tired of getting ripped off mostly on video games. But there's been several times where I did purchase in the end due to actually liking whatever game it was.

Last time I got ripped off was No Man's Sky. If your unfamiliar with that whole pile of crap, go google it and see how badly it did. Game had tons of promises and never delivered.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
10028 posts
1223 upvotes
I don't need to.

You are the one making these bogus claims.
StreamingFan wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:08 pm
Go to the website of your ISP. Call them. It's not difficult. What, you take issue with me working at Kal Tire with your little "LOL"? At least I work for a living instead of having almost 10,000 posts like you do. Clearly, you spend the majority of your time here.