Bell and Rogers to raise internet fees

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2018 12:22 pm
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
If it werent for all these great people willing to accept price increases and stay with robellus, i wouldnt be able to enjoy our lowprice with start.
So thankyou people. :)
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27311 upvotes
Shaun80 wrote: Hi

Just wanted to know if people will be accepting their internet bill increasing by 5 to 8 dollars a month in their upcoming bill or will they switch to another provider? This is a pretty big jump . Why is their no outrage? Has anyone called their current provider for a better to deal or to reverse this charge if so what happened ? Is virgin mobile 50 MBs unlimited fibe plan for 60 plus tax any good ?
Existing thread
bell-rogers-raise-internet-fees-2177126/
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
What I dont underestand is how come they give random discounts to different people.

My friend call yesterday to cancel because he was going to ebox, Rogers offered him an amazing deal (500 or 1000 plan) for $34 price for 12 months.

I am paying $69.99 per month for 500 plan and because of this non sense $8 raise I called them to see if they can match my friend plan....no luck.

Maybe the location? Both in GTA
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2153 posts
392 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote: Based on my observations Teksavvy is not playing games like bHell and Robbers. bHell and Robbers will use promotions to get you to switch to them and will then gradually increase the cost of the services. While Teksavvy doesn't offer such promotions but keep their prices fairly steady. In 5 years I had only two increases. Over the long term I believe Teksavvy might end up costing you less and will definitely save you a lot of aggravation.
+1

and also, remember that Teksavvy last year sent an e-mail to its customers, reducing their prices after a CRTC ruling saved them thousands of dollars being charged as "wholesale network access" to them by the big service providers (Bhell and Robbers)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-teksavvy-1.3906730

Teksavvy has proven to be so far a great option for us... we ditched Robbers, and never looked back!
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Penalty Box
Aug 10, 2010
781 posts
198 upvotes
Mars.
jvnanu wrote: They don't show 40/10 as an optio of. Is that a special promo added to the 30/5?
Depends on where you live. If you live in Rogers, it's one set of speeds, if you live in a Cogeco area, it's another. Sorry for the confusion.
Don't be a cooch.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6260 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: You better use air quotes with that "guarantee" - Rogers has had no problem breaking that over and over again for me.
really? I still have that W45 8 years price guaranteed contract and so far still paying the same price for the last 5,6 years now. I couldn't remember when it will end, 2020 or 2021
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
mkl38s wrote: really? I still have that W45 8 years price guaranteed contract and so far still paying the same price for the last 5,6 years now. I couldn't remember when it will end, 2020 or 2021
We aren't all that lucky. Many had to file complaints to get them to honour the deal.
Find the original thread ;)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
DaVibe wrote: We aren't all that lucky. Many had to file complaints to get them to honour the deal.
Find the original thread ;)
That was the only way for them to honour the 8yr guarantee...well worth the effort.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
PerrierWater wrote: I'm still on a contract with Bell fibe (99.99/month for gigabit, TV, phone). Is there anything I could do in this case? Or do I have no bargaining power?
Just got my bill. $5 Bell internet increase...despite being on a promo for 1 year. BS. No notice received or anything, just snuck it on the bill.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
This is why I will never go back to Rogers/Bell no matter how sweet a promo is.. Cause they pull stunts like this.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1423 upvotes
Toronto
TomLafinsky wrote: Based on my observations Teksavvy is not playing games like bHell and Robbers. bHell and Robbers will use promotions to get you to switch to them and will then gradually increase the cost of the services. While Teksavvy doesn't offer such promotions but keep their prices fairly steady. In 5 years I had only two increases. Over the long term I believe Teksavvy might end up costing you less and will definitely save you a lot of aggravation.
Totally agree with you. I got so tired of having to always call Bell or Rogers to fix billing errors, and poor service. I voted with my feet and cancelled in 2012. Since I started with Teksavvy four years ago, my bill has gone up a total of $6/month - speed and my usage cap has also gone up though. No frustration, no calling them to fix billing errors, no need to threaten to cancel or fight for a promotion they once promised.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Canadians are all being ripped off. Telus and Shaw in Western Canada also raise their rate starting June.
Lucky me smart enough to opt to third party service. In Vancouver there are many of them, even better than TekSavvy.

@wirebound I always wonder what's the point of these promos as well. This is more like utilitieis and necessity nowadays LOL this is not really a retail thing anymore.
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Bell didn't care when I made a stink about them sneakily adding the charge ... looking at options now to cancel.
Sep 27, 2014
54 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got my bill. $8 increase. Contacted Rogers about it and they said the final cost is not locked in but the discount on the package is locked. I do not like how sneaky they can be.....
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Jason1111 wrote: Just got my bill. $8 increase. Contacted Rogers about it and they said the final cost is not locked in but the discount on the package is locked. I do not like how sneaky they can be.....
Are you cancelling? If not, this is why they are sneaky
Sep 27, 2014
54 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RolandCouch wrote: Are you cancelling? If not, this is why they are sneaky
Not cancelling just because I have no other options in my area other than painfully slow Bell service (I am north of Orangeville)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)