[Bell] Bell Samsung Galaxy Gio -- Back on sale - 79.99

Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
qaz393 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 12:44 am
i unlocked it under 10 minutes. no need to replace or anything. just root, terminal copy paste and run generator

instructions?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13186 posts
5602 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
andriykoua wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 12:46 am
instructions?
Have you read any of this thread (besides the last few posts)?
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2438 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bylo wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 8:04 am

You've answered your own question :-)
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13186 posts
5602 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
CheeseDie wrote:
Feb 18th, 2012 11:30 pm
I think that most people have an android phone in the same class as this so that is why it is not such a hot deal.
News bulletin:
1. Not everyone has a smartphone. Those who don't and want to get one will find this to be a great deal.
2. Some people have smartphones that use different OS, e.g. iPhone, BlackBerry. They might want to get introduced to Android and will find this to be a great deal.
3. Some people spent 10x the price of this phone on a smartphone. The Gio does 80% of what their phone does for 10% of the price. They'll find this to be "piss-off" of a great deal ;)
4. Some people spend more per month on a voice/data plan for their "free" smartphone that the cost of this phone alone. They'll find this phone plus SO/PCM $10/month UMB to be a helluva a great alternative.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
271 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
bylo wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 8:04 am
bylo wrote:
Feb 17th, 2012 9:16 am
Is it really necessary to repost everything about this phone, especially the lengthy unlock/root instructions, when the original threads are still around?

You complained when someone posted the unlock method on page 1

You complain when someone asks for the unlock method...

?????
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13186 posts
5602 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
CheeseDie wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 8:21 am
You complained when someone posted the unlock method on page 1
I explained my motives. Read upthread ;)
You complain when someone asks for the unlock method.
I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out that the details, including links to threads that discuss this stuff in excruciating detail, have been posted in this thread already. Do we really need to repeat them every time someone, including someone who obviously didn't scan much of this thread, asks? If so, I nominate you to do it rather than just whine and complain about it ;) :razz:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2011
1980 posts
271 upvotes
MONT-ROYAL
bylo wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 9:04 am
I explained my motives. Read upthread ;)

I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out that the details, including links to threads that discuss this stuff in excruciating detail, have been posted in this thread already. Do we really need to repeat them every time someone, including someone who obviously didn't scan much of this thread, asks? If so, I nominate you to do it rather than just whine and complain about it ;) :razz:

I don't think anyone cares what yo have to say...

Are you paying for the server space?

LOL.. we got a self appointed security guard for the thread... yay
Mar 4, 2003
402 posts
31 upvotes
burnaby
Thanks OP...I dont need another phone but this my first Android phone. I just unlocked and it works great(Fido)..

got one pricematch from Futureshop $73.99 + tax....
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
1826 posts
172 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Feb 18th, 2012 9:31 pm
There is no way the Galaxy Nexus comes close to a good deal at ten times higher price and equivalent features.
an 800 dollar high end phone is certainly not as good a deal as this. but you can't get away with saying a galaxy gio has equivalent features.

a gio has no front camera, no good back camera, no good flash, no good screen, no good glass, no good processor, no good memory or storage. you can't use this as a good camera replacement. you can't use this as a car gps. you can't get an official stable upgrade to android 4. you can't watch movies well. you can't read books or websites well. it is a small smartphone for a competitive price, but it doesn't have equivalent features to a higher end phone. 10x the pixels, 2x the cameras, 2x the processors, this stuff adds up. compared to say a galaxy s2 for $400 used, you are getting what you pay for.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
Loomy wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 11:41 am
an 800 dollar high end phone is certainly not as good a deal as this. but you can't get away with saying a galaxy gio has equivalent features.

a gio has no front camera, no good back camera, no good flash, no good screen, no good glass, no good processor, no good memory or storage. you can't use this as a good camera replacement. you can't use this as a car gps. you can't get an official stable upgrade to android 4. you can't watch movies well. you can't read books or websites well. it is a small smartphone for a competitive price, but it doesn't have equivalent features to a higher end phone. 10x the pixels, 2x the cameras, 2x the processors, this stuff adds up. compared to say a galaxy s2 for $400 used, you are getting what you pay for.

no front camera is real lack of feature but I don't see what good back camera(which nothing is good on any phone so they are all for snapshot), flash, 'good screen', glass, processor has anything to do with 'equivalent features'. To me feature is something that I can do with the phone.

Why can't you use gio as car gps ? what do you mean by can't watch movie well or can read books or websites well ?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2859 posts
44 upvotes
Home
Those who Pmed FS, Did FS called Bestbuy for stock?
Bestbuy shows no stock online............
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11782 posts
1256 upvotes
Kanata
Loomy wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 11:41 am
you can't use this as a car gps. you can't watch movies well.

Works perfectly fine with Navigon here. And movies, my son has the phone more than my wife for his movies. I'm not sure what movies you're trying to watch but it does it perfectly fine. Do you own a Gio?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
goofball wrote:
Feb 19th, 2012 11:59 am
Works perfectly fine with Navigon here. And movies, my son has the phone more than my wife for his movies. I'm not sure what movies you're trying to watch but it does it perfectly fine. Do you own a Gio?

probably not ;-)
Feb 18, 2012
1 posts
LONDON
I have unlocked my samsung galaxy gio. How do I unroot it though?
Feb 4, 2006
36 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa
sdx wrote:
Feb 17th, 2012 5:17 pm
Hi, does the cell work with Petro-Canada if I unlock it?? I just want to make sure.

I unlocked it and it works with Petro-Canada. I also got a price match from Future shop less 10%