Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell Samsung Galaxy Gio -- Back on sale - 79.99

Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Mepoor wrote: Yes, I admit the phone did go through the laundry once but the microphone worked after that for several months and just died recently.
Water damage can manifest itself long after the water got into the device, e.g. as the result of corrosion. If this is the case then replacing the mic may only delay the inevitable demise of the unit. A similar phone is the LG Optimus One but it sells for a similar price. Your best bet is probably to find a used Gio. At least that way you can reuse parts like the battery.[/quote]
qaz393 wrote: if you want gio, i have a couple that i am not using anymore
Just curious, but why do you have a couple available? Have you upgraded to more powerful phones and, if so, which ones?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
The Galaxy W is a lot more powerful than the Galaxy Gio. It was my top choice at regular price ($150-$250 range).

I have a bluetooth headset that survived falling into a public toilet (while the headset was turned on) right after I urinated in the toilet :o . I washed it with liquid hand soap and dried it with those super high velocity hand dryers. It still works great 2yrs later. Only thing wearing down on it now is the number of times it dropped off my head onto a hard floor. The base (low very low frequency sound) on one ear doesn't work and the wheel to activate Seek FWD/FFWD is not very responsive. Cellink BTST-9000 has the best build quality of any stereo bluetooth w/Mic I've ever seen in the last 7yrs.

Just found this code on my Gio *#03# and the code mentioned a few posts ago "#*06#" is incorrect it's supposed to be *#06# . It also seems *#07# should do something but my SIM card is not registered yet so when I dial that number it acts like something happened but the digits dissappear and nothing else on screen changes. Any ideas on it?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
For those of you in Montreal, QC, like me, and searching for locations to get a screen protector/cover cut exactly to fit this phone; after searching since March I found a place in Montreal. A kiosk shop inside the Eaton Center at street level named Cellairis.

They have screen protectors for Samsung Galaxy Gio $10/each. Manufactured in China, company logo is BHB and the product says "Screen Guarder" on the front & "Screen Protector" on the back. Also stated on the front is "Japan PET Material". Package states it's scratch-proof, dust repelling, finger print free, bubble-free application, improves handwriting recognition, anti-reflective, washable and reuseable. It comes with a single cover per package and a small micro-fiber cloth to wipe screen first. Diagrams on back claim it blocks most Ultraviolet light and that its Visible Light Transmission M rate for anti-glare is 91.40% and clear is 93.50%. Then there is a chemical name breakdown of the 6 layers of each screen protector.

This store also has a selection of coloured translucent flexible phone cases made of either silicone or stiff latex $20/each. Looks like the materials used in UV coloured drive data cables.

Cellairis
Eaton Center-Montreal 2
705 Sainte-Catherine Street
514-884-9788

Anyone know any place else cheaper to get Samsung Galaxy Gio cuts of screen guards and phone cases? Also post if you think I should make a seperate thread for these Galaxy Gio screen protectors & cases.
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10228 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
Ghetto_Child wrote: For those of you in Montreal, QC, like me, and searching for locations to get a screen protector/cover cut exactly to fit this phone; after searching since March I found a place in Montreal. A kiosk shop inside the Eaton Center at street level named Cellairis.

Do they put it on for free? If not, ebay is much cheaper to do it yourself. If they include the price of putting it on, that's worth it for $10.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
yuprules wrote: Do they put it on for free? If not, ebay is much cheaper to do it yourself. If they include the price of putting it on, that's worth it for $10.
I saw the guy putting it on for a female customer. I don't know if the assembly was free but he was very quick and seemingly careful about putting on the screen protector. It's the only reason I knew they had for my cell, because I saw him applying it to a customer's Gio (and a previous kiosk I inquired suggested I try Cellairis but didn't know for sure if they would have it).
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29128 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I'm sceptical that the Gio has either the CPU horsepower or enough RAM to run ICS/JB. But no, I haven't seen any support for Android versions beyond GB.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)