• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2018 8:40 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 21, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes

Bell is screwing me over - advice?

I'm having an issue with Bell Mobility and am hoping for some advice on how to arrive at a fair solution with them. Here is the background info:
-I have two phones on a share plan
-1st phone: Quebec number. $60 for unltd nationwide + 5 GB + $25 for 3 GB (all sharable) = $85
-2nd phone: Ontario number. $50 for unltd nationwide (no data - shares with first line)
-Total $85+$50=$135
-Inquired in the chat on the Bell Website about changing the 2nd phone to the same plan as the 1st and taking off the $25 for 3 GB - to make the bill $120 total
-She said it was possible to get the same plan for $60 on the 2nd line and to call into Bell 1-800-667-0123 to complete the change (screenshots attached)
-When I called the person told me the $60 deal was only available in Quebec and I could get it if I changed the number (which I said I would think about and call back)
- Got a text saying my rate plan was changed on the 2nd line and when I checked online it was the exact same (unltd calling no data) but for $10 more a month
- I called in and they said that they are sorry but the $50 unltd nationwide plan that I had is no longer available
-Was offered a $10 bill credit for 6 months

From my point of view, Bell is at fault here and should own up to it. For the last call I was on hold for over an hour waiting for a resolution. They were too busy for the night so a supervisor is calling me back sometime tomorrow.

Thoughts?
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.20.09 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 10.20.28 PM.png
7 replies
Aug 9, 2010
937 posts
240 upvotes
Waterloo
Sounds like you should click here to submit a complaint to the CCTS.

Do you have the interaction/reference number for the calls you made to Bell after the chat? If not, call back and get them; you can also use that same call to give Bell one last chance to fix it for you. I'm sure they won't, but the act of doing so will satisfy the CCTS requirement to give Bell a reasonable chance to fix the issue. Once that's done you can easily file a complain online and let the CCTS do all the heavy lifting for you.

Good luck, OP.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
That sounds like a great deal. Unfortunately I just got new iPhones on both lines and have about 20 months left before they are paid out. I'll be with bell for the next little bit and I hope that the CCTS can solve this.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks for the comment. That sounds like the best path forward. I'll give them a call back if their supervisor doesn't call me back this morning.

I wish I had gone to the CCTS about the last issue I had with them. I needed more data so they switched me from a $65 6 GB plan to a $78 8 GB plan. Only to get a nasty surprise the next month that the data was not shareable with my other plan when the rep said it was. They said my only option was to switch to an $85 8 GB plan. They gave me a bill credit for 24 months but it'll be annoying once the two years are up and I'm stuck paying more.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2871 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
They did this to me, except changed my $60/10GB plan. I eventually got them to restore the original plan by pushing them through the executive office. You can contact them via email directly with your concerns. Executive.Office_Relations.Clients@bell.ca
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
[OP]
Mar 21, 2016
13 posts
5 upvotes
Chrispy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 9:02 am
They did this to me, except changed my $60/10GB plan. I eventually got them to restore the original plan by pushing them through the executive office. You can contact them via email directly with your concerns. Executive.Office_Relations.Clients@bell.ca
Thank you for giving me the email address! I'm waiting to hear back from one of the supervisors and if they aren't able to resolve it I will reach out to them. Glad to hear you got your plan back. Did they change it from the $60 10 gb to something else without telling you?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2871 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
smiddy16 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 2:09 pm
Thank you for giving me the email address! I'm waiting to hear back from one of the supervisors and if they aren't able to resolve it I will reach out to them. Glad to hear you got your plan back. Did they change it from the $60 10 gb to something else without telling you?
Omg it was brutal in my situation. I was calling in to simply change the voicemail feature on my account from voicemail to text to visual voicemail since I changed to an iPhone. The guy was clearly struggling but at the end of the call said he managed to get it changed so I thought nothing of it until later that day when I was in the Bell app and saw my usage allotment was only 2GB :\ and then proceeded to see the whole plan had been changed to an in market plan with 2GB for way over $100. I was livid.

Had to deal with a first supervisor who said Bell would do nothing, to when I first spoke to the executive office and they also said that while the original plan couldn't be put back they'd put on a different plan with a credit for a year. I just kept pushing them saying that wasn't acceptable as they also weren't willing to promise that they'd continue adding credits after they expire - and eventually they came back after a few days and said they went to some back office team and were able to restore the original plan.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)