• Dec 13th, 2018 9:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 4, 2010
35 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa

Bell SMS delivery reports

TL/DR - Can anyone confirm if the Bell network supports outgoing SMS delivery reports?

I just switched from Koodo where I would get SMS delivery reports, but I am not receiving them from Bell. I swapped SIM cards with my old and new phones, and have ruled out the devices - it’s definitely the network. Strangely enough, I do get sent/delivered timestamps on INCOMING SMS/MMS messages.

As Koodo uses the Bell/Telus network, I find this rather odd.

I called Bell tech support twice, and it seems that both agents didn’t really get what I was talking about. I find delivery reports incredibly useful to know when the recipient actually gets the texts, for when their phone is off/battery dead/etc…

Thanks!
2 replies
[OP]
Sep 4, 2010
35 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
SergeDufort wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 8:47 pm
I take a chance...
https://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Rate_p ... isplayStep
Great find!! That describes exactly what I'm talking about, except traditionally it was/is called "delivery reports". Perhaps Bell just calls it "Advanced Messaging" to keep it simple. :)

So any ideas as to why it's not working? I've tried it on my Samsung Galaxy S7 (which the link shows is a supported device), as well as my Huawei P20 Pro, and both provide the same results (both work with Koodo SIM, neither works with Bell SIM).

I'm going to call Tech Support in the morning, but this time refer to it as "Advanced Messaging" and see what they say.