Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Bell somehow disconnect my business internet! How do I deal with this?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2014 12:58 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 30, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Bell somehow disconnect my business internet! How do I deal with this?

Hi guys I am here to some help from you guys if its possible.

My story is this.

I have business internet with bell for more than 3 years now and about 3 days ago they d/c my internet without any notice.

And I called them to fix the problem and they told me it will takes about 5~6 business day to fix this issue.

long story short is

I had 2 different phone number with contract with bell.

about 2 month ago I moved my phone from bell to other provider.

When I transfer the phone number, other provider told me to ask Bell if the internet is with same line.

So I called bell and ask same question about if I change to other provider will it be ok with my internet.

And the answer was its ok, that time bell told me we are on dry loop internet so it will be fine.

Now after 2 months they told me because I change the number from bell which internet was comming into business from that phone number d/ced.

Is this possible? after about 2 month I changed internet provider?

Because of Internet in my business could not use card machine for few days which is big lost on my side.

At the day I lost my internet with bell I was on the phone about 3~4 hours to deal with problem and they told me call me back after they look though the issue.

and now I did not have any call back from them.

Is there way to claim the lost on business to bell? since they did not notice the internet d/c and when I asked about internet issue 2 months ago they said ok but now they made problem to me and told me to basically wait 5~6 days to get it fixed(they said they will make dry loop on my business).

Until than there will be no internet.

What should I do?

please help me
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2211 posts
509 upvotes
You can escalate the situation, by best case scenario, they will refund a small amount of your monthly internet fee for those 5-6 days when you don't have any internet. Good luck getting any more than that.

In the meantime, think about your business and the cost of not having a card reader and get a smart phone that you have, a family member has, a staff has, etc and set up an internet hot spot to allow business to go on as usual. If you need a LAN line for your machine, you may have to work backwards from a wireless router and a hot spot. You may have to buy some more equipment. But that's the price of doing business.
Jul 10, 2005
754 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
As Murphy said, everything that can go wrong in a business, will.

I've had days without internet, days without phone, days without electricity, days without webserver, days without desktop computer, days without car, days without online banking, days without incoming search links, etc. If it's part of your setup, assume it will go down at some point.

The key is redundancy. Prepare it in advance so you are ready. Its cost is part of the cost of business.

No supplier of services will ever refund you for lost sales.

I think phone and internet are the easiest services to replace. In my case we use cellphones and a laptop with a 3G stick.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for the reply guys and I was referring card machine as debit and credit card machine for paying money
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2221 posts
698 upvotes
Bell might give you a few days or one month of Internet Service for free.

You should not have trusted them to give you the "right" answer...I always make sure I triple check their answers as they often don't know what they are talking about.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2221 posts
698 upvotes
Also, your machine should have had two lines going in...one for Internet and one for telephone. I always make sure I have telephone back up so you can still process payment even when Internet is down.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
2346 posts
243 upvotes
Waterloo
Clroint wrote:
Aug 18th, 2014 11:01 am
thanks for the reply guys and I was referring card machine as debit and credit card machine for paying money
They have those that can couple with a smartphone as well. All the Pizza delivery guys use them. Taxi driver suse them , Flower delivery guys use them.