Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto

Bell television?

Ok, so I get everyone here hates bell. I don't care about that, I have Internet and home phone with them and am looking to get digital and hd with them. Can someone who has the service please explain what I should be looking to get from them. I need a pvr, should I rent this or buy one from Bestbuy? Do I need to get a satellite hooked up to my home or do they offer something else where I don't need to do this (my dad is freaking out about drilling into the house). Also, I have 2 LCD tvs and one regular tv, if I sign up for digital and hd, what will I see on the regular tv, will I still get any channels on that tv? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21784 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever you choose, scrutinize their promo offer with a fine-toothed comb. Don't even believe what the reps tell you. Look over the fine print on the website and print it off for future reference. Bell loves false advertising and their reps are trained to say whatever it takes to get you locked into a contract.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1685 posts
1122 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
I had to move back in with my parents, and they're with Bell.

In our area, our choice was Bell or Cogeco.

If you go with Bell Expressvu, you need their satellite.
Our satellite is rented, not bought but we own all our boxes.

We have one PVR and 2 SD boxs.
According to the Bell rep, each satellite comes with 4 outputs. The PVR takes up 2 outputs because it uses 2 cables.
We have the digital basic plus package.

If you have a SD box, you will get standard definition, if you have a HD box, then you'll get high definition.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2001
4799 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Make sure your Fibe TV don't go over the cap or is $2 or up per additional Gigahurtz.
Mark77 wrote: That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
whampoa wrote: Make sure your Fibe TV don't go over the cap or is $2 or up per additional Gigahurtz.
hurtz>Hertz>bytes..what's the diff :lol:
Jul 1, 2005
976 posts
30 upvotes
Why would you have anything with bell or rogers, there are options.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Options like what? I'm in Scarborough, what options do I have for digital with hd channels?
Jul 1, 2005
976 posts
30 upvotes
buffylover wrote: Options like what? I'm in Scarborough, what options do I have for digital with hd channels?

Oh your profile saids Toronto. Well you can get hd with bell but phone line and internet you could switch : ).
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have any info on what shaw direct offers? Prices ect
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6697 posts
266 upvotes
St. Catharines
eldiablo wrote: hurtz>Hertz>bytes..what's the diff :lol: