Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario

Bell/Telus: Differences between the same model CDMA BB vs new SIM BB

Other than being able to easily unlock the SIM based BB vs reprogramming the CDMA BB to unlock it, are there any differences for the same model Blackberry in terms of function on the Belus HSPA network?
4 replies
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
one has a sim card, the other one does not.
How do you like dem apples, Bro?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
78 upvotes
zoolander wrote: Other than being able to easily unlock the SIM based BB vs reprogramming the CDMA BB to unlock it, are there any differences for the same model Blackberry in terms of function on the Belus HSPA network?
one of them will be able to access the HSPA network and the other will remain CDMA. Get the HSPA one if possible because you can then go to other countries and plugin a prepaid sim to cut the roaming charges.
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
Paolo wrote: one has a sim card, the other one does not.
LOL
murdoc2k wrote: one of them will be able to access the HSPA network and the other will remain CDMA. Get the HSPA one if possible because you can then go to other countries and plugin a prepaid sim to cut the roaming charges.

That's what I thought, so is there anything on a BB that one would even notice the speed difference?
I don't follow CDMA, is there an ETA of it being abondoned or will it be running for several years?
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
the 3g hspa is faster then cdma 1x network