• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2018 6:38 pm
[OP]
Sep 21, 2015
120 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Bell / Telus EPP SK plan with AB phone number

Quick question, as I was able to do this for both Bell and Telus...

1- I got an EPP code and website link from my employer with a username and password

2- I went on the website Bell Business eOrdering portal and logged in with the EPP info provided to me (For Telus, I logged into the provided link)

3- During the sign-up process, I have been able to select an LTE sim card only for BYOD

4- I was able to select usage city as Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

5- There is also a step to request number port, and I entered my Alberta phone number on that screen

6- Final step asks for address, and I put my AB address

7- It allowed all the above, while choosing an SK plan with 15gb data

8- The last and final step is to click on the "Buy" button, and it says that it takes 3 business days to receive the SIM.

So, in summary, will this work, or will it be stopped by Bell / Telus, even though their site is allowing it, because of my AB number or billing address? Thanks!
6 replies
[OP]
Sep 21, 2015
120 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
titaniumtux wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:11 pm
Bell will definitely force a rate plan change once the AB # is ported in. Telus, OTOH, will likely allow it to work.
Would it be a good idea to sign up with Telus first, and THEN port the number after? Or is that not possible anymore?
May 8, 2009
5878 posts
2209 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
wickkedd wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:19 pm
Would it be a good idea to sign up with Telus first, and THEN port the number after? Or is that not possible anymore?
Haven't tried it myself on Telus. Not sure at what point you'd port in the AB #. @zaidyboy would likely know.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
[OP]
Sep 21, 2015
120 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
titaniumtux wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 3:41 am
Haven't tried it myself on Telus. Not sure at what point you'd port in the AB #. @zaidyboy would likely know.
@zaidyboy where are youuuu? Lol
[OP]
Sep 21, 2015
120 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
titaniumtux wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:11 pm
Bell will definitely force a rate plan change once the AB # is ported in. Telus, OTOH, will likely allow it to work.
Have you tried this? The reason bell seems cleaner is because it is not through a third party, but is directly on eordering.bell.ca. If it was a third party, I would assume the system wouldn't be as robust, but Bell's actual website allowing this seems odd. Any thoughts?
May 8, 2009
5878 posts
2209 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
wickkedd wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 5:47 pm
Have you tried this? The reason bell seems cleaner is because it is not through a third party, but is directly on eordering.bell.ca. If it was a third party, I would assume the system wouldn't be as robust, but Bell's actual website allowing this seems odd. Any thoughts?
Never tried, but been with Virgin for years. I know insiders at Bell Mobility. Used to work back in the day, but that has changed a long way back.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread