BELL: Thunder Bay plan number change

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2017 5:33 pm
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
225 posts
12 upvotes

BELL: Thunder Bay plan number change

Has anyone on the Thunder Bay plan been able to successfully change their number? I moved back to my home province so I went into a Bell store to change my number but they told me that if I did so I would lose my plan.

This doesn't sound right to me because does this mean that anyone on a promotional plan cannot have their number changed? Or is this due to the nature of the exclusive location of this plan?
13 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20624 posts
2037 upvotes
Toronto
What's your home province? Guessing it isn't ONT.....

Depending on what province, you might want to look at your local plans...QC, SK and MB have very competitive plans that rival the Bell Tbay plan...

You can always port in another number onto your Bell Tbay plan....but I think it'll have to be a ONT# that is ported in...

Alternatively, you can always get a local # (suggest on VOIP) and forward that number to your Bell Tbay #
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
225 posts
12 upvotes
Back to BC for me and the plans are not comparable unfortunately. How troublesome is getting a local # and forwarding it? That would cost more would it not?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
633 upvotes
NORTH YORK
iPwn wrote: Has anyone on the Thunder Bay plan been able to successfully change their number? I moved back to my home province so I went into a Bell store to change my number but they told me that if I did so I would lose my plan.

This doesn't sound right to me because does this mean that anyone on a promotional plan cannot have their number changed? Or is this due to the nature of the exclusive location of this plan?
I trust your current plan is a good plan . If it is a payg plan, there must be RFD members in Ontario around who can pay to relieve you of the ownership. That may offset some of your loss in paying higher rate in BC .
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
225 posts
12 upvotes
For $50 I get 6gb of data with unlimited local and nationwide, vm, caller id
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
225 posts
12 upvotes
hvwozq wrote: Why do you need a BC number? If someone wants to call you, and they somehow still don't have nationwide calling in 2017, it's their problem.
Maybe I'm too nice but it's mainly for that reason
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
633 upvotes
NORTH YORK
iPwn wrote: Maybe I'm too nice but it's mainly for that reason
Simple to deal with. They can call you on Hangout dialer if they have wifi around.
If they do not and have to pay LD to reach you, you can be considerate by responding after 1 minute :" Can I call you right back as you seem to be paying LD to reach me"
Daniel

Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3644 posts
280 upvotes
Thornhill
voip.ms + call forwarding. This would work much better. Or if applicable you can get on the new fido 5gb plan which is the same price. I too have the Thunderbay plan however have a 416 number. Never letting it go unless Bell decides to drastically increase the price as I am off contract.

$50.00 for
-6 GB Data
-Unlimited calling anywhere in Canada
-unlimited texts to any country
-10 hours of mobile tv
-caller id
-vm

All on Bell's superior network.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14798 posts
4068 upvotes
London
iPwn wrote: ..
It was been mentioned several times in RFD threads that those TB plans from Bell are compatible only with ON phone numbers. You can't port in a non ON province number, the CSR is automatically promoted to force you to do a plan change.

Only the Koodo SK/MB plans would to let you port in out of province numbers without a plan change, but that loop hole is now closed as well
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5001 posts
1097 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
I also have the Thunder Bay Plan but my number is 905 ever since I have it, but my provider is VirginMobile.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
633 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ji2o0k wrote: Alternatively, you can always get a local # (suggest on VOIP) and forward that number to your Bell Tbay #

The OP can use the data from your Bell (thunderday) SIM to get a local BC # from 〘 TEXTME.〙. There is no need for forwarding at all. Incoming call , incoming text and outgoing text are free. You can take the call on your local # and if the voice condition is not good enough, just use your Bell line to call back. Problem solved
Daniel

Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3236 posts
792 upvotes
Oshawa
iPwn wrote: Has anyone on the Thunder Bay plan been able to successfully change their number? I moved back to my home province so I went into a Bell store to change my number but they told me that if I did so I would lose my plan.

There's a reason why you first got that plan ...

Plans are REGIONAL ...

You can't have a THUNDER BAY Plan with a number from another province ...

GEOGRAPHY?!?

What province is Thunder Bay in?? Saskatchewan or Quebec?

What area code is in Thunder Bay?? 514 or 604?

Come on buddy! There's a REASON WHY SPECIAL PLANS ARE REGION-SPECIFIC!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
225 posts
12 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote: There's a reason why you first got that plan ...

Plans are REGIONAL ...

You can't have a THUNDER BAY Plan with a number from another province ...

GEOGRAPHY?!?

What province is Thunder Bay in?? Saskatchewan or Quebec?

What area code is in Thunder Bay?? 514 or 604?

Come on buddy! There's a REASON WHY SPECIAL PLANS ARE REGION-SPECIFIC!
Did someone piss in your cornflakes relax. From my understanding many people change their numbers upon moving and I clearly did not know that the promotion is region locked