Bell Unlimited 300 Mbps+Better TV for $100 p.m

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 6:01 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
If bell's billing and customer service department were not so horrendous than this deal can be hot.

Ive had bell service in 2016. Bell's speed and wifi signal were great compared to my 2017 rogers gigabit. Bell's tv and internet technologies are much better compared to rogers. But all of those awsome bell service qualities turns to sh1t when their billing/customer service department are factored in.

I can definitely speak for 99% of the population that bell's billing and customer service department ruins their awesome service. Too many problems and headache dealing with bell's two notorious departments.

Only way i ever go back to bell is if they offer a deal i cannot refuse. But if it is just a few bucks saving, i'd gladly pass.
Last edited by Bedboi on Nov 10th, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1813 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
OP where about's are you located and do you live in a condo or house?

I've heard Bell Reps going around Condo's offering similar internet.
bug wrote: Any link to this offer?
This, would appreciate a link to this offer as well.

Looking to make some adjustments to my Bell Services.
Bedboi wrote: If bell's billing and customer service department were not so horrendous than this deal can be hot.

Ive had bell service in 2016. Bell's speed and wifi signal were great compared to my 2017 rogers gigabit. Bell's tv and internet technologies are much better compared to rogers. But all of those awsome bell service qualities turns to sh1tter when their billing/customer service department is factored in.

I can definitely speak for 99% of the population that bell's billing and customer service department ruins their awesome service.
So much truth, their CS is horendous
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
ToniCipriani wrote: Be careful with Bell promos, read your contract thoroughly. They love making you sign a 2-year contract for only 1 year of discounts.

One would naturally think a 2-year term would be for the obligation AND discount.
Good point. I will ask the rep and confirm.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Nexzen wrote: I think Rogers is BS, their speeds are never what you're paying for. Bell in my area is really good, it's area dependent.
I'm paying for a 100Mbit connection and get slightly faster than that reguarly...
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
AlienKing wrote: Is this for 1 or 2 years?
Have just texted the rep with same question. Will update once I hear back from him.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
fsilva wrote: Re. Bell vs Rogers.
I have had issues with both but Rogers has improved the customer service substantially in the past couple of years.

I originally installed Bell Gigabit at home. It broke on day 2, their tech support and customer service was terrible.
After a long chat they decided to send a technician... their scheduling is terrible, first available appointment was 4 days later.
I cancelled Bell on that day. Called Rogers, in 2 hours a technician was in my place and Rogers Gigabit was working.

Bell does have faster upload speeds in my area, I was getting 100 no problem but download speeds in the 400-500.
With Rogers the upload is worse, it's 50-60 but download is 600-700. Price was the same (100 bucks for gigabit + cable)
Although I would love the 100 upload speeds, Bell's terrible customer service is a deal breaker.
I "broke up" with Bell in 2011. Gave them another chance a few months ago but in one day I could tell they were the same terrible company as before.
Also Bell has very limited in-store support.
Rogers may have shortcomings but the few times the internet was down, they always came over on the very same day. I also like the peace of mind of obtaining full service in any of their stores.
I agree that Rogers have improved. I have no billing issues in last one year and customer service has been good.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1813 posts
1358 upvotes
Toronto
musicmastomagic wrote: Have just texted the rep with same question. Will update once I hear back from him.
Can you post the contact info given for the promo?
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
bug wrote: Any link to this offer?
Not that I know. The Bell rep showed up at my door and offered this promo.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
Bleachway wrote: OP where about's are you located and do you live in a condo or house?

I've heard Bell Reps going around Condo's offering similar internet.

This, would appreciate a link to this offer as well.

Looking to make some adjustments to my Bell Services.

So much truth, their CS is horendous
I live in a house in Brampton.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
Bleachway wrote: Can you post the contact info given for the promo?
Not sure if that is allowed here. You can P.M for the contact.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
slayerwulf wrote: I must be lucky as my roger gigabit barely fluctuates. On a bad day I can go as low as 750mbps so stil 2.5x faster then bell.
My Rogers service is fantastic.

I pay for the 250mb connection and every download I get is 30-35MB/s down.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Both Bell and Rogers now advertise a guaranteed discount rather than a guaranteed price, AFAIK. So a commitment doesn't protect you from increases, nor does it give you the out that they changed the contract so you can cancel without penalty.

That said, I hate Bell and Rogers is pretty good, so it would take a lot to get me to switch to Bell (though my relatives' Bell Fibe hardware and apps are about a decade ahead of Rogers).

=aw
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
Just did a speed test.

Can I expect better speed with Bell? I understand it is area specific. So, how do I figure out which one has better speed in my area?
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21357 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Remember, you sign up with Bell, you will have headaches down the road. They will raise the price steadily. They will flat out lie as well. I've been without TV/Internet for a combined week with them. Some issue would occur and they wouldn't be able to restore cable or internet in days. Just all around terrible experience. Oh, and it started out with a great deal like this one. By the time I canceled my service I was paying double.
Jun 20, 2009
750 posts
194 upvotes
GTA
From the comments so far, I am coming to believe that Bell has better product but Rogers have better service.
Dec 22, 2006
829 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote: Be careful with Bell promos, read your contract thoroughly. They love making you sign a 2-year contract for only 1 year of discounts.

One would naturally think a 2-year term would be for the obligation AND discount.
Very good point indeed.
Dec 22, 2006
829 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Teletran wrote: We had the same offer and made the switch to Bell back in late May. They had just rolled out fiber in our neighbourhood.

The installation experience was bad. The first tech wanted to have an easy install and place the homehub 3000 in a place that would be the most convenient for him. He did not want to run a longer wire to a alternate location in the house that would provide us with better Wifi coverage. He said he would call his fiber roll-out crew to determine if they can run a longer cable for us. He never called and left a note on the file that he provided us with 1 option and we were deciding if we wanted to install there or not. The second technician that came did absolutely everything that we wanted and installed the model in our main living space as we had requested and not a room in the corner of the house.

Once we had everything installed in May, I have been calling the billing department every month till this day (I' not exaggerating) , I had to call every month to get the Bill fixed because the right discounts were not applied. I have personally spent 6+ hours on the phone resolving billing issues and being assured that everything was resolved. They also forgot to tell rogers to cancel my service with Rogers and Rogers billed me for a month that I never used saying that they never received a cancellation request from Bell. Thankfully Bell reimbursed that because it was their mistake.

The entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth about dealing with Bell.

If Rogers is giving you a relatively comparable price, just stick with them, otherwise if you want to save some $$, make the switch and be prepared for bad service.
+1
I will cancel my bell service once my current contract is over-no matter what price/promotion they are offering.