• Nov 11th, 2017 6:01 pm
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
407 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton
Bleachway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:19 pm
OP where about's are you located and do you live in a condo or house?

I've heard Bell Reps going around Condo's offering similar internet.

This, would appreciate a link to this offer as well.

Looking to make some adjustments to my Bell Services.

So much truth, their CS is horendous
I live in a house in Brampton.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
407 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton
Bleachway wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:56 pm
Can you post the contact info given for the promo?
Not sure if that is allowed here. You can P.M for the contact.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11007 posts
1138 upvotes
London
slayerwulf wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:30 pm
I must be lucky as my roger gigabit barely fluctuates. On a bad day I can go as low as 750mbps so stil 2.5x faster then bell.
My Rogers service is fantastic.

I pay for the 250mb connection and every download I get is 30-35MB/s down.
Jan 18, 2008
789 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
Both Bell and Rogers now advertise a guaranteed discount rather than a guaranteed price, AFAIK. So a commitment doesn't protect you from increases, nor does it give you the out that they changed the contract so you can cancel without penalty.

That said, I hate Bell and Rogers is pretty good, so it would take a lot to get me to switch to Bell (though my relatives' Bell Fibe hardware and apps are about a decade ahead of Rogers).

=aw
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
407 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton
Just did a speed test.

Can I expect better speed with Bell? I understand it is area specific. So, how do I figure out which one has better speed in my area?
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4437 posts
662 upvotes
Remember, you sign up with Bell, you will have headaches down the road. They will raise the price steadily. They will flat out lie as well. I've been without TV/Internet for a combined week with them. Some issue would occur and they wouldn't be able to restore cable or internet in days. Just all around terrible experience. Oh, and it started out with a great deal like this one. By the time I canceled my service I was paying double.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
407 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton
From the comments so far, I am coming to believe that Bell has better product but Rogers have better service.
Dec 22, 2006
356 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
ToniCipriani wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:29 pm
Be careful with Bell promos, read your contract thoroughly. They love making you sign a 2-year contract for only 1 year of discounts.

One would naturally think a 2-year term would be for the obligation AND discount.
Very good point indeed.
Dec 22, 2006
356 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Teletran wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:01 pm
We had the same offer and made the switch to Bell back in late May. They had just rolled out fiber in our neighbourhood.

The installation experience was bad. The first tech wanted to have an easy install and place the homehub 3000 in a place that would be the most convenient for him. He did not want to run a longer wire to a alternate location in the house that would provide us with better Wifi coverage. He said he would call his fiber roll-out crew to determine if they can run a longer cable for us. He never called and left a note on the file that he provided us with 1 option and we were deciding if we wanted to install there or not. The second technician that came did absolutely everything that we wanted and installed the model in our main living space as we had requested and not a room in the corner of the house.

Once we had everything installed in May, I have been calling the billing department every month till this day (I' not exaggerating) , I had to call every month to get the Bill fixed because the right discounts were not applied. I have personally spent 6+ hours on the phone resolving billing issues and being assured that everything was resolved. They also forgot to tell rogers to cancel my service with Rogers and Rogers billed me for a month that I never used saying that they never received a cancellation request from Bell. Thankfully Bell reimbursed that because it was their mistake.

The entire experience has left a sour taste in my mouth about dealing with Bell.

If Rogers is giving you a relatively comparable price, just stick with them, otherwise if you want to save some $$, make the switch and be prepared for bad service.
+1
I will cancel my bell service once my current contract is over-no matter what price/promotion they are offering.
Nov 14, 2013
392 posts
113 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
I have something similar (1GB, middle tier tv package and phone with 1 option) for $99 - 2 years (yes i read the ToS, it is priced for 2 years). The area I am in is equipped with Fibre, no issues with speeds with Rogers/Bell. I just switch one to the other when the pricing is better.

If you are in Mount Pleasant area it is Fibre ready. :) Hope this helps
Mar 17, 2012
236 posts
618 upvotes
toronto
i got fibe alt tv + 300 fibe internet for 74.99 no contract
Last edited by TEJVEERGTa on Nov 10th, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
407 posts
74 upvotes
Brampton
musicmastomagic wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:41 pm
Good point. I will ask the rep and confirm.
I clarified and and I have updated some info in the 1st post.
Nov 28, 2013
68 posts
72 upvotes
Signed up for a Bell Fibe 3-product bundle in September after being with Rogers for 20+ years. I was quoted $163.xx(tax incl.) and have been charged $201.xx(tax incl.) on both bills I've received so far.

I can confirm Bell's customer service is HORRIBLE, and that's speaking with their loyalty department. When you finally reach a rep they take forever to get anything done but in the end nothing gets done. They don't honour quotes saying they "can't apply that discount on their system." If you search Google, RFD or even this thread you will see this common Bell practice.

Bell's services are superior but be prepared to be gouged to keep them. I never thought a company could be more shady than Rogers but Bell takes the cake. They make Rogers look like saints.

Just had to add my name to the list.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4437 posts
662 upvotes
LiftedMind wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:44 am
Signed up for a Bell Fibe 3-product bundle in September after being with Rogers for 20+ years. I was quoted $163.xx(tax incl.) and have been charged $201.xx(tax incl.) on both bills I've received so far.

I can confirm Bell's customer service is HORRIBLE, and that's speaking with their loyalty department. When you finally reach a rep they take forever to get anything done but in the end nothing gets done. They don't honour quotes saying they "can't apply that discount on their system." If you search Google, RFD or even this thread you will see this common Bell practice.

Bell's services are superior but be prepared to be gouged to keep them. I never thought a company could be more shady than Rogers but Bell takes the cake. They make Rogers look like saints.

Just had to add my name to the list.
Rogers is much better in that regard. I mean, they both suck, but Bell to me is just wrong. They do a lot of underhanded things and don't honor anything. There was a promotion in my building, the rep said that even though I was an existing customer, he could get me a better deal. Gave all my info, he didn't even show me a price, he just said my bill would be 20% cheaper. I was at the end of my rope with Bell so I agreed just to see how they would screw it up. 2 months later I call up Bell after no change to my bill and they were completely lost. They had no idea who it was I was speaking with and no idea of the promotion in my building. Cancelled and hung up.

Underhanded company.